False positives on drug tests
    bcmcd is offline New Member

Exclamation False positives on drug tests

I have a medical disability called Interstitial Cystitis, which is an incurable and extremely painful bladder disease. I need to take a lot of medications, and I am required to see my urologist often for in office medical procedures and prescription refills. Every time I see her, she gives me a urine drug test, and I have come up positive for cocaine a few times, but my doctor dismissed them as false positives because I take an amphetamine drug for hyperactivity. However, my last visit, I came up positive for both cocaine and marijuana, and she refused to treat me until I got a blood test. I gave blood for the test, but the results are not back yet, and I am a nervous wreck. I gave myself a urine drug test at home the day after my office visit, and I came up NEGATIVE for both cocaine and marijuana, so I'm EXTREMELY confused and worried. I have heard that Seroquel and Tramadol can cause false positives, especially when mixed with other medications. Has anyone else out there had a problem like this? I may lose my doctor over this fiasco. Below is a list of my medications, some of which I take every day, while others I take as needed. Hopefully I haven't missed anything.

Seroquel 300mg nightly
    Tramadol 50mg as needed
    Risperidone 2mg nightly
    Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) 10-30mg as needed
    Pantoprazole 40mg daily
    Vivance 50mg daily
    Valium 10-30mg daily
    Valium/Baclofen/Lidocaine Suppositories as needed
    Belladonna and Opium Suppositories as needed (rarely)
    Hydroxyzine 50-100mg as needed (antihistamine)
    Microgestin Fe 1/20 (birth control) nightly
    Uribel 118mg as needed
    Phenazopyridine 100mg as needed
    Urocit-K ?mg as needed
    Elmiron 200mg nightly
    Vitamin D 50,000 IU once weekly
    Naproxen 500mg as needed (rarely)

If ANYONE can give me ANY ideas as to what on earth may be going on, please reply to my post. I'll need to talk to my doctor about the blood test results as soon as tomorrow. Many thanks for your time!
    Thanks, B

headtripp is offline New Member

why blood test? a GCMS will confirm exactly what is in your system.

Anonymous Guest

I share your concerns with an identical situation almost. I have ulcerative colitis for which I was denied medication by my doctor for 2 years. I almost said sianara to this world but thanks to the Holy Spirit I went to an inpatient facility where a doctor finally believed me when I told him I was in severe pain for 2 years and need help.
    He prescribed Tramadol and Seroquel and my first urine screen was a false positive for methadone. Now another organization is using that information to deny me certain rights. I'm researching my ass off because I know I'm being assessed incorrectly. This world being so callous and cruel on top of the disease itself keeps me in a state of discomfort that I shouldn't have to deal with.
    If not for an overreaching government we both would be much better off because they force this anxst on us without accurate testing methods to protect us. Thanks Mark

Starrr is offline New Member

It's unbelievable what can cause a false positive! I've had methamphetamine show up in mine once! I've never in my life used it and wouldn't even know how. Somehow this inaccurate process is what doctors rely on when treating us and that's that, what they say goes, even with proven false positives.

I hope it all goes well, and I would think it could be cleared up with better testing, maybe, but I really hope it works out for you.