False positive drug test. Over a year of being a flawless patient, released from prac
    misskrudy is offline New Member

Default False positive drug test. Over a year of being a flawless patient, released from prac

Hey guys this is my 1st post, but I'm looking for some advice. I've been with a pain mangagement for over a year. I have never been off on a random pill count, and we get drug tested every month. I have never been off. I have met several people in my office who have had false positives, and were released, but were aloud to come back because it was something crazy, such as an 80 yr old tested positive for cocaine, 7 people in one day had Xanax or something like that. Well today, I went in, and they said I had oxycodone, such as Percocet in my system, and it was a level 5, which is a very large amount, not a trace amount. I take 1.5 Norco 10's, every 4-6 hours, as well as Ativan. But I have not taken a Percocet in over 2 years, when I had an emergency csection. I tried explaining to my doctor, that I obviously had no reason to lie, that Ive never made a mistake there, but of course they hear this all the time as they kick patients out. They released me from the practice and told me they could no longer see me. Ive been on what I consider a high dose for over a year, and am now left with nothing to take. I am not looking forward to the withdrawls, and the pain I am going to be in tomorrow. Not to mention the only other place that will even take my insurance has a 6 month waiting period.. AND I highly doubt another doctor will write me my medication, after they see WHY I was released from pain management. I just want to know if there is anyone that has experienced this and was able to fight it? I know for a fact there has been lab error. There are always ten people sitting in the room, and we all do a mouth swab, it is not a urine screen. Im wondering if maybe it was switched? But then again...I just wish they were willing to work with me. Ive had no mistakes. I just feel so let down. Thank you for the help

misskrudy is offline New Member

anyone? Please..

Bosmom is offline New Member

Sorry I can't help you because I'm kinda in same situation. I tested positive on urine test and haven't even been around anyone who smokes pot for 7-8 years. I tested positive for pain meds and anti-depressants. But here's the kicker, this doctor has me on pain meds and anti-depressants! So you would think she would expect these to show up, right? She also has me on Protonic, which can make you test positive for THC! I would think she would check my meds before releasing me. I have same question, what other dr. will see me after this?

Toodlesda22 is offline New Member

I am sort of in the same boat and after doing my own research I have come to the conclusion that some physicians out there do not understand how GC MS testing works. Most likely it is a Metabolite that is there that Norco and Percocet have in common. Did you get a copy of the test?