Energy
    dalejrfan71 is offline Member

Post Energy

Hi all,

I need help with something. My arthritis pain is so bad that even if I sleep 6 hours straight, an hour later I'm ready for a nap. Is this normal, I might also add that I get tired before I take a painkiller. What can I do to boost my energy level safely? I have been drinking Monster drinks for energy boosts, the problem is that I am type 2 diabetic so I shouldn't be drinking drinks with sugar.

Is there an herbal medication that I can take to boost my energy? I like going out with my wife but I feel bad that I can't take her out all the time because of me being tired all the time. Is there anything that I can do to raise my energy level without drinking energy drinks?
    If you want to live life on your own terms,
    You got to be willing to crash and burn

Is this the right forum for this query? If not what forum should it be under?

Can anyone help me with this issue please? I am drinking about 2 - 3 energy drinks a day, mainly AMP Energy or Rockstar.

To the moderater of this forum, is this the right place on the site for this question? If not could you please put it where it belongs?

Thank you

Cats Meow is offline Banned

The moderator almost never replies on the forums, but I can tell you, your question is fine on this forum, (I would have put it in the "Featured Conditions" Forum).

If you don't want to take in coffee, tea, caffeine, or energy drinks, then try forcing yourself to get some moderate exercise, a good walk will usually increase energy levels. I know there's many diet supps that claim to boost energy, maybe someone can recommend one. My feeling is your narcs are partly the culprit, and I'm not sure what can be done to counteract that, doctors these days don't prescribe stimulants (which I realize you're not asking about).
    If caffeine and exercise don't help then ask your doctor, maybe something else is going on.

I just saw my dr today as I have an infected toe. Last month I had the big toe nail on my right foot removed due to being ingrown. He said that he is going to refer me to a clinic that helps people who have problems losing weight. I have tried every diet in the book to lose weight with no success, plus I read in my adoption papers that my biological father was 5'8" and weighed 260 lbs. Hopefully this can help as I am type 2 diabetic.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

If you're way overweight with diabetes and arthritis plus the RX opiates there is your answer right there. It's a combination of all the above. Just the extra weight alone can do it but add all the other things and you've got your answer. Sounds like you need to get on a good balanced diet and an exercise program. Your pain will improve with exercise too. I've been there, I am there. Exercise works. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

My dr is refering me to a clinic that specializes in weight loss. I have tried so many times to lose weight it's not funny and have always failed. I am adopted and when I read my adoption records it said that my biological father was 5'8 and weighed 260 lbs. I am 5'9' and weigh around 266 lbs. Plus I am limited in what veggies I can eat as I have IBS, most of the green veggies aggravate my IBS.

Cats Meow is offline Banned

Some people are pre-genetically disposed, but there's really no secret to losing weight, cutting calories and exercise is the only way, but since you also have lethargy do talk to your doctor, there's drugs that can benefit you.

Is it bad to drink energy drinks? I found diet rockstar drinks at the grocery store where my wife works. My back is getting so bad lately that it is even affecting my sleep. I went to bed last night at 11:30pm and the pain in my back woke me up at 2:30am. So here I sit at 3:58am drinking a diet rockstar drink because I can't sleep.

Default Thyroid Problem?

I went to see my doctor today to get my percocets refilled. I also asked him about my lack of energy, he said that it could be possibly my thyroid gland. My question is what are the symptoms of a thyroid gland problem?