Dristan cold tablets
    Jane G is offline New Member

Default Dristan cold tablets

Pleae explain why I can no longer find Dristan cold tablets on the shelves of our local )Southern CA) pharmacy? If I want it, it can be ordered.
    I did find some on the shelves in Northern CA recently. Anybody got a reason for this?

Jane Gottlieb

JJOANN is offline New Member

In November 2000, the Food and Drug Administration(FDA) issued a public health warning regarding phenylpropanolamine (PPA) due to the risk of hemorrhagic stroke. The FDA, supported by results of a research program, requested that manufacturers voluntarily discontinue marketing products that contain PPA and that consumers work with their healthcare providers to select alternative products.

You can still purchase on line.

JJOANN is offline New Member

Jane, I live in AL and I have a hard time finding it too. I guess the company felt it safer to pull it all together than deal with the risk. You can do a search for "Dristan Cold Tablets" and there is a site that gives all the products that contain the "stuff" that they're talking about. I hope this helps. For me, it is the best product on the market to deal with sinus headaches without the groggy side affects.