dr gave me a pee test today
    daisyifdo2 is offline New Member

Default dr gave me a pee test today

I have been seeing this Dr for over 2 yrs now and have never been asked for a sample until today. Why would they ask for it and what happens if it shows that I take more then I'm allowed? I take Lortab 10/500 4 times a day. Sometimes I take it 5 or 6 times a day. Is that what they would be looking for. They told me it was to make sure I was taking the meds. Are they checking to see if I sell them or what? Thanks for the help

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by daisyifdo2 View Post
    I have been seeing this Dr for over 2 yrs now and have never been asked for a sample until today. Why would they ask for it and what happens if it shows that I take more then I'm allowed? I take Lortab 10/500 4 times a day. Sometimes I take it 5 or 6 times a day. Is that what they would be looking for. They told me it was to make sure I was taking the meds. Are they checking to see if I sell them or what? Thanks for the help
    Hi daisy
    They did that to my sister one time and she was selling them...The doctor told her he didn't know what she was doing with them but she wasn't taking them and she would not be getting anymore from him...
    be careful and try not to take more than your suppose to or you will end up like the rest of us...
    have a good night

Melinda

thanks melinda so you think they were making sure I'm taking them and not selling them or will I be in trouble for taking more? how long will it take for them to get the results back?

Anonymous Guest

Hi daisy
    If your only taking one or two extra I don't think they will know.
    But I'm sure they were trying to make sure you were taking them...
    I think it took a couple days when they did that to my sister...she was scared to death...didn't teach her anything tho she just went and got another doctor.

Melinda

cincotta84 is offline New Member

Post pee test

Hey I don't think u have anything to worry about. My DR does the same thing. They are just checking to see that ur taking ur meds. They can't tell how much u are taking unless they check ur blood. Sometimes if they change the lab that tests the pee they will make u do another one.

cincotta84 is offline New Member

Post pee test

Hey I don't think u have anything to worry about. My DR does the same thing. They are just checking to see that ur taking ur meds. They can't tell how much u are taking unless they check ur blood. Sometimes if they change the lab that tests the pee they will make u do another one.

Cincotta, Thanks for the answer.... I hope you are right!

Musick7 is offline New Member

Arrow Did you have to sign something saying you

Quote Originally Posted by daisyifdo2 View Post
    Would only get your pain meds from one Pharmacy, no early pick ups, and be subject to drug test?
    If so they did that because you have been on them for so long. Its a precaution. There not looking to see if your on them, but might be. There just making sure your ONLY taking what is prescribed and not something like COCAINE, or something against the law. There not worried about you taking a few more then what your suppose to. Unless your taking over the amount for APAP Liver might shut down if so. But for the most part they want to make sure your not smoking crack.

BeavisMom62 is offline Member

I agree with musick. Is it a pain management dr? Sometimes they do pee tests to make sure you aren't taking anything ELSE other than what you were prescribed, particularly illegal drugs. If you aren't, I wouldn't worry.

babydaddy724 is offline Member

They are just making sure you are taking them that is all. I know plenty of people that fail for weed and coke or whatever. As long as opiates are in you system you are OK. And they also can not tell by urine how much you are taking. All that shows up is if an opiate is present. Nothing to worry about. Unless you are slanging them and not taking them you WILL get booted and wont get any more meds....