Do prescription drugs show up on a drug test?
    Draginon is offline New Member

Default Do prescription drugs show up on a drug test?

Duh i know they do..i MEANT diet pills. They wouldnt let me edit that part!I was curious.Your not suppose to share meds(i KNOW this) but my friend wants to try a diet pill(adipec) before she goes to the doc herself but doesnt want to get in trouble if they pop a drug test on her at work.
    Draginon ~Starting over...It's all just drag-in-on tho!~ `

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

I would stay away from all of those diet pills.They all have a tremendous side effect list that goes with them. A good diet and daily exercise is the only way to truly lose weight and keep it off.You're not going to find it in a pill or cream or some fad diet.They make these things up because they are legally able to and all it amounts to is a scam for your money.Hard work and a level diet will do wonders.......Dave

Draginon is offline New Member

that is all true.I wish i had the discipline to not over eat!!But i dont so i need help.I used it 10 years ago and lost 60 pounds after i had my children but i also walked and dieted.Now i am eating lean cuisine and i just started working...that beats sitting in front of the tv watching csi all day and smoking cigarettes!(which i quit...and beer too.Im on the right path)
    Draginon ~Starting over...It's all just drag-in-on tho!~ `

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

I can't see diet pills being a problem on a job drug screen unless you have heard otherwise. I hope you don't think I was being rude to you on the last post because that definately was not my intention. I wish you all the best in your quest to lose weight as I know it can be very difficult.Let me know about the test,ok......Dave

areyoupuzzledtoo is offline New Member

Unhappy Drug Screen comment and Questions on PSA and the VA Health Care System

Prescription Drugs and Drug Screens and the VA Health Care System
    I’m a newbie at this, this is my first post.
    I’m a 60 year old male who looks 50 and nobody believes I’m 60, redheads are like that.
    I have multiple health problems and multiple serious past injuries which have caused me to be a person with disabilities. 30% Service Connected Crush injury on my right arm elbow and 20% Workmen’s Comp on my back, I was down for a year at home from a serious Truck accident, both are lifetime disability ratings.
    I take numerous medications daily, to control blood pressure, thyroid, and BPH and Impotence caused by the side effects of all these medications. And yes Hydrocodone, one each sometimes two pills a day. I don’t abuse them and they are very helpful in taking the edge off my pain. I have been taking the Hydrocodone for two years my life would be terrible without that one or two pills a day. I drug screen regular for my work and I have never ever come up positive for the legal Hydrocodone, anyone have any input as to the whys?

I also have a question? I deal with VA for my health care,we have a terrible relationship and a Poison Well situation with them I don’t want to drink from the well anymore and they are forced to drink from it and hate me for it. The quality of my care has never been anything close to good. It has been seven years of a complete circus and comedy of errors I point out the errors and they hate me for it. I have gone 4 years without even a Prostate Exam and only one PSA test four years ago which was at a 3, now four years later they are scrambling to cover their butts and I just did another PSA this week and it’s a 6 they want to do a biopsy, I think that is a bit of a rush, I have researched it and goggled it at least five or six hours worth of reading, I don’t think it’s a good idea for a biopsy at this time there are to many other ways to deal with one slightly to moderately high level PSA test, anybody care to comment? This is just one incident I could write a small novel trust me.

Default woops

my first post kind of doesn't have anything to do with diet pills but it does have a comment on drug screen and legal drugs and some other questions and comment i will try and put future post in more correct areas, sorry

Cats Meow is offline Diamond Member

Areyou, the reason most likely the hydro didn't show up is simply it wasn't tested for, employers are cheap and they usually only buy drug tests with a limted number of panels, hydrocodone isn't a panel on a standard test, employers are more interested in detecting the major illicit drugs.
    Here's good info for you to peruse.
    http://www.erowid.org/pharms/hydroco..._testing.shtml

Default drug screen

Cats meow, thanks I kind of thought that was the case.

green-eyed_diva is offline New Member

Default Adipex and urine tests...

The stimulant diet pill, Adipex, shows up as amphetamine on a urine test. I know this because I was already prescribed the medication when I was refferred to a pain clinic. I failed the first drug test for amphetamines because of my Adipex. I decided I'd rather be out of pain than jacked up so I ditched the Adipex and kept my pain doctor.