difference between hydrocodone and oxycodone
    travisrol is offline New Member

Default difference between hydrocodone and oxycodone

i have a ruptured disk in my back and perscribed hydrocodone 7.5 for the pain but my grandmother also gives me oxycodone 10mg sometimes becasuse the hydrocodone dosent work that well. if i have to take a drug test for work can it tell the difference between the two or will it just show up as painkillers in my system

Cats Meow is offline Banned

It depends on the number of panels in the test, if you test positive for any opioids they'll send your samples to a different lab, or perhaps do it inhouse (that depends) and probably do a GC/MS and find the Oxy anyway. Sorry about your luck pal.

phey is offline New Member

THESE TWO DRUGS ARE SIMILAR, BUT NOT the same. Hydrocodone is the generic name for Vicodin, Norco, Lortab and about 30 others. It is a narcotic analgesic, and not quite as strong as Oxycodone. It's also SLIGHTLY less regulated ie.. it can be CALLED IN to a pharmacy by a physician. It can be habit forming. Vicodin and the rest are a combo of hydrocodone and acetaminophen (Tylenol). Oxycodone is also a narcotic analgesic, also can be habit forming. It's also a combo of acetaminophen and oxycodone (generic) name for Percocet, Tylox, Roxilox. It is SLIGHTLY more regulated ie.. in CANNOT be called in to a pharmacy, you have to have a physical written prescription from a physician. Because of it's potential for abuse and dependence, doctors tend to order Vicodin rather than Percocet.