Detoxification Diet?
    ackeiyword is offline Banned

Default Detoxification Diet?

I want to do a sort of detoxification diet for about a month. I feel sluggish, slow and generally bad. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the food I eat (or lack thereof). I want to give my system a break and sort of start fresh to get myself back up to speed.

I am thinking of a diet consisting of fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts&seeds, herbs, sea salt, and olive oil. The diet is pretty much no meat, no animal products, and no processed foods (except the salt and oil if you count them).

This will probably be much healthier than my current diet, because the only thing I can get full off of are things that grow from the ground.

Any opinions on this diet or any tips on helping the detoxification process are highly appreciated.

Tell me what you think
    Last edited by ddcmod; 01-08-2011 at 04:35 AM.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

ackeiyword ........ It's a fact that red meat can worsen inflammation in the body causing lots of problems. Saying that I love steak! It can make you very sluggish though just like you describe. But my wife and I both are doing a 40 day plan where we eat raw veggies, fruit, water and V-8 juice. Fruit juice contains so much sugar we are eliminating that entirely. Nuts and seeds are okay as well. NO dairy or meat products of any kind in what we are doing.

In the book of Daniel in the Old Testament of the Bible there is what is called the Daniel Fast. You can look at Chapter One in the book of Daniel and what I've described is explained. It's what we are doing except that the Daniel Fast lasts 21 days. This is a spiritual Fast for us rather than just a diet. We are consuming NO salt other than natural sodium in the foods we take in. I don't know your religious beliefs but it may be something you want to read. At least it will give you another perspective.

If you limit your intake to nothing but fruits and veggies and lots of water like we are doing it's important to work out to maintain muscle mass. Just wanted to give you something to think about. And as a side benefit I lost ten pounds so far with the first week ending tomorrow. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 01-08-2011 at 11:44 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

mamuhit2010 is offline Member

Good describing Robert. Daniel's book is very useful for dieting. It depend on religion. Many religious are vegetarian. It's main thing. You can read Daniel's book foe your experience. Thanks.

riyak is offline New Member

Your plan can include:

* Fruit – your plan can include any fruit including fresh, frozen, dried or canned in natural fruit juice. This includes apples, bananas, pears, oranges, grapefruit, satsumas, sultanas, raisins, pineapple, mango, kiwi fruit, strawberries, raspberries, blackcurrants, nectarines, peaches, melons, star fruit etc

* Fruit juice – either make homemade fruit juices or smoothies from fresh fruit, or drink ready-made juices. Make sure ready-made juices are labelled as being ‘pure’ or ‘unsweetened’.

* Vegetables – eat any vegetables including fresh, frozen or canned in water (without salt added). This includes carrots, onions, turnip, swede, sprouts, cabbage, peppers, mushrooms, sweetcorn, peppers, leeks, courgettes, broccoli, cauliflower, salad, tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions etc

* Beans and lentils – eat any beans, including those that have been dried or canned in water. This includes red kidney, haricot, cannellini, butter, black eye, pinto, red lentils, green lentils and brown lentils

* Tofu and Quorn

* Oats – sprinkle oats over fresh fruit or use to make porridge, sweetened with honey and fresh fruit

* Potatoes – all types

* Brown rice and rice noodles