Desperate and Frustrated! Pain Doc suggestion anyone??
    jdubya30 is offline New Member

Default Desperate and Frustrated! Pain Doc suggestion anyone??

So here's my problem in a nutshell. I fell off a broken ladder at work last year in October.After many visits to ER and several doctors, one decided to order an MRI. Results- Ruptured discs at the Cervical Spine 6 & 7. Emergency surgery was immenent because of the severe pain traveling down my right arm. They call it a Anterior disectomy and cervical fusion. Was taking norco's 10 mg and post surgery percocet 10mg and incorperated physical therapy. Chronic pain continues so I was referred to to a pain doc in Dayton,Oh. In the process of P.T. I noticed how bad my lumbar spine was killing me. Another MRI shows to more bulging disc @ L-4 L-5 , L-5 S-1 with root compression. I can barely function. Full time student and father and I'm only 30 yrs old so the surgeon wants to try more conventional methods before surgery. Unfortunately 10 mg percocet is not touching the pain, not to mention my growing tolerance to opiates. Im very aware of the risks and wide abuse of opiates but I really need a clinic that isn't so scared of prescribing strong pain medication for people who really need it. I have never called in with lost or stolen perscriptions or even a dirty urine, yet they are still reluctant to give me anything stronger than percocet until either P.T. works or I have another operation. Anyone have any suggestions of a pain clinic in the Dayton area that are not so conservative in prescribing meds and that actually care about their patient and their problems?? Please, any suggestions would help. Thanks!

djdan is offline New Member

Default reply to desperate and frustrated pain doc suggustion anyone?? Hey try Prednezone its

, give prednezone a try it worked for me when nothing else would, its a sreroid,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Quote Originally Posted by jdubya30 View Post
    So here's my problem in a nutshell. I fell off a broken ladder at work last year in October.After many visits to ER and several doctors, one decided to order an MRI. Results- Ruptured discs at the Cervical Spine 6 & 7. Emergency surgery was immenent because of the severe pain traveling down my right arm. They call it a Anterior disectomy and cervical fusion. Was taking norco's 10 mg and post surgery percocet 10mg and incorperated physical therapy. Chronic pain continues so I was referred to to a pain doc in Dayton,Oh. In the process of P.T. I noticed how bad my lumbar spine was killing me. Another MRI shows to more bulging disc @ L-4 L-5 , L-5 S-1 with root compression. I can barely function. Full time student and father and I'm only 30 yrs old so the surgeon wants to try more conventional methods before surgery. Unfortunately 10 mg percocet is not touching the pain, not to mention my growing tolerance to opiates. Im very aware of the risks and wide abuse of opiates but I really need a clinic that isn't so scared of prescribing strong pain medication for people who really need it. I have never called in with lost or stolen perscriptions or even a dirty urine, yet they are still reluctant to give me anything stronger than percocet until either P.T. works or I have another operation. Anyone have any suggestions of a pain clinic in the Dayton area that are not so conservative in prescribing meds and that actually care about their patient and their problems?? Please, any suggestions would help. Thanks!