demerol vs liver
    kpeac is offline New Member

Default demerol vs liver

I was just wondering if anyone out there knows if Demerol(Meperidine) has any direct effect on the liver? I am looking for a drug that has the same effects as alcohol, but does not harm the liver. My friend has a liver disease where as alcohol will speed up the harmful effects, so he does not drink. But he behaves intoxicated sometimes when I know he isn't drinking. I am sure that he found a substitute and need to know if some of those painkillers out there that make you feel intoxicated are harmless to the liver. I realize that there are other side effects and addictions that may develope due to his decision, but I would really like the peace of mind knowing that he is not doing any further harm to his already fragile liver condition. Any info or alternatives would be appreciated. Thanx.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

I would think he's on a benzodiazepine rather then a narcotic.Look and see if you can find his pills.Xanax,klonopin,valium ect they are all benzo's.....Hope this helps and I hope your friend is ok......Dave

kpeac is offline New Member

Thanx for the info, I am not able to access his pills, but with further investigating I have found certain highlites on his web pages that have narrowed down the search. Chlordiazepoxide, Clorazepate, Diazepam, and Oxazepam are all Benzodiapines that are specifically used for alcohol withdrawal. I do not know if they are presciption only, what brand names they go by in Canada, and how easily they can be aquired on the street. Hopefully I can get a little more input before I confront him, so any is welcome.