dementia
    klopper22 is offline Member

Default dementia

I seem to be sufferring some dementia lately. For eaxmple, out of the blue, I ask my wife if she remembers crazy stuff like "do you remember when the middle east guy at the convenience store asked us how important it was to be on time for work." For one thing, we hadnt been to a convenience store in a few months and secondly, the racial makeup here is VERY VERY limited - NO middle easterners here - almost looks like a bowl of plain white rice.

Also, Ill be sitting on the couch and realize I am taking ******** (ooooh, K r a p/ what a dirty word) about nothing.

I dont feel comfortable stating the meds I take anymore, but do any of yuo know what meds can cause dementia, or am I just going plain krazy.
    Last edited by klopper22; 02-03-2010 at 09:52 AM.

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

You don't have to tell us what you're taking but you really should go to the doctort with a list of your medications. It's very possible that you having a reaction to a medication or sometimes two meds interact in a strange way. Get it checked out. Seriously

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by klopper22 View Post
    I seem to be sufferring some dementia lately. For eaxmple, out of the blue, I ask my wife if she remembers crazy stuff like "do you remember when the middle east guy at the convenience store asked us how important it was to be on time for work." For one thing, we hadnt been to a convenience store in a few months and secondly, the racial makeup here is VERY VERY limited - NO middle easterners here - almost looks like a bowl of plain white rice.

Also, Ill be sitting on the couch and realize I am taking ******** (ooooh, K r a p/ what a dirty word) about nothing.

I dont feel comfortable stating the meds I take anymore, but do any of yuo know what meds can cause dementia, or am I just going plain krazy.

Hey Klopper ...... Lots of meds do interact with some people but not others. Meds are strange, that's one reason they call it "practicing medicine." I am not bad-mouthing all drs in any way, but they aren't "all-knowing."

I have an autoimmune disease called antiphospholipid syndrome that causes my body to produce blood clots, especially with certain medications. And they are meds that LOTS of other people take with no problems whatsoever. Have you done an interaction checker on here with all your meds? Do you know how to do it? You may find something right here on this web site as they have lots of resources available that could help you. Or if you don't find anything here you're more than welcome to email me personally if you care to privately. I will be happy to check them for you myself if you're finding yourself in a confused state of mind if you're comfortable with me checking them for you. That is certainly your call but I don't mind helping you if you want me to. Finding ourselves in a confused state mentally is not that uncommon of an interaction side effect for lots of meds.

Of course as previously mentioned, when all else fails, check with the dr. The only thing with that is that one dr was prescribing me the meds that ultimately caused me to have a blood clot on one occasion. So drs don't always know everything about all meds. They are taught in school to diagnose illnesses but they aren't trained in medications, the drug companies usually do that themselves with using their salespeople.

Lots of drug interactions affect us differently. Don't hesitate to ask if you care to share about any meds either here or on private email if you'd rather do that prior to going to see the dr. And if you have multiple drs there should be one of the drs who is kind of the Medication Management doctor that oversees what meds several drs may be prescribing just to prevent something like this from happening unknowingly to the drs as they don't know what all meds you're taking. Hope that makes sense dude. God bless!!
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

klopper22 is offline Member

ThAnk you fine people for replying.

Robert, I think Ill try that interaction checker...I never would have thought of that...what a d.a.. ill get back with yall. PEACE IN THE HIGHEST.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by klopper22 View Post
    ThAnk you fine people for replying.

Robert, I think Ill try that interaction checker...I never would have thought of that...what a d.a.. ill get back with yall. PEACE IN THE HIGHEST.

If you go to the MED NOTES section of the web site you can create a list of all your meds, you can maintain it right here, then as they change in any way in the future you simply update the changes. You will will have an ongoing interaction checker and resource of information about what you're always taking at all times. Only you have access to the info as it's part of your personal file.

I used this site for info and personal things like that for a pretty long time before I ever posted here. I was checking the meds I was taking and for a few other people I knew were taking as I was working on an auto-immune disease forum and got lots of info here.

Drugs.com has got a lot of good information available for you if you want to find about your meds. Lots of "medical professionals" use the site for finding information. It's much handier and quicker going to their cellphone to find something vs doing research in a book. There are lots of other things people use drugs.com for vs only the forum. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.