Cyclobenzaprine - addictive??
    kainani1 is offline New Member

Default Cyclobenzaprine - addictive??

I have a question, wondering if anyone can give me input. I am a recovering addict that has been drug/alcohol free for a year now. But due to severe migraines, my neurologist has me taking together with my migraine meds a muscle relaxer, cyclobenzaprine. Do you think of this as an addictive drug??

Cats Meow is offline Banned

Muscle relaxants aren't physically addictive, however just about anything can be psychologically addicting, and you already have that propensity. They have sedative properties, so be very careful to take only as needed, and never more then what's prescribed, it is possible to relapse because of them, just because you may enjoy the feeling they give you. Muscle relaxants almost fall into the addictive category, it's definitely a gray area. please be careful and aware, don't forget your past and you should be okay. If you start liking them, then you may have a problem.

kainani1 is offline New Member

Default Same as Soma?

Thanks for the reply. I should know so much about pills because I was a big pill popper but muscle relaxer were not my thing. What's the difference between this one and soma? Anyone know? I hear so much about soma being a big addicting drug and I'm not on that one?

Not a big difference between the two, I think Soma is more sedating, but I've found Flexeril to relax muscles better. Soma seems to work more effectively in conjunction with narcotic pain meds. A 10mg Flexeril will put you to sleep though, but you can always split them in half.

People seem to love the Soma, because taking too many makes them feel drunk, but it's no more addicting then Cyclobenzaprine.