Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brenda Kidd
crospovidone
  1. #1
    lindalou622 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default crospovidone

    What is crospovidone ?? and why would it be in my 12 year old sons lungs?? This was listed on his autopsy....he had a severe sore throat and collapsed and had to be rushed to the ER, where he was given 18 different medications could this crospovidone be in one of them ... this is a mystery to me because the defintion for this has noithing to do with my child ,he was a healthy, smart and not into anything especially IV drug use, for goodness sAKE...hELP!!???

  2. #2
    pharmd06 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    262

    Default

    it can come from a couple different places. one is that it is used as a pharmaceutical binder. it could have been in some of the meds he was given. it is also combined with iodine to make betadine which is a common scrub used in the hospitals. either way according the the MSDS sheet it is not considered dangerous at normal exposure levels.

    sorry to here about your loss. hope this helped


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyvinylpyrrolidone
    "Nothing in medicine is 100%"

  3. #3
    Butch1965 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Your situation reminds me of an incident we had with my wife. She is allergic to iodine and avoids betadine and shell fish and wears an iodine warning bracelet. She was taking a medicine that we thought was free of iodine when she became flushed and her face and lips began to swell. She called for help and by that time her tongue had begun to swell. The Doctor recognized the symptoms as an acute allergic reaction and had her drink some antihistamine we had on hand. We found that the problem came from Povidone a drug not normally listed as an active ingredient in many drugs. It appears that povidone and crospovidone are used in many drugs. This is an iodine like drug and can be found in say capsule forms of a drug when it may not be found in the tablet or IV. versions of the same drug. I am terribly sorry to hear of your loss and can only imagine the loss you must feel.

    I ran across your story while researching anti-biotic drugs and their several forms to find what my wife can take. It appears that manufacturers have taken to reformulating versions of their drugs to include povidone or crospovidone. These ingredients are not present in all versions of the active drugs which suggests that this additive may be included for some more mundane reason such as to extend the capsules’ shelf life. For whatever reason, this is a practice that can be extremely dangerous to a person allergic to iodine.

    Anti-biotics that currently are not toxic to my wife include:
    LEVAQUIN oral Solution
    DURACEF tablets - not the capsules
    BIAXIN XL but no other versions
    CIPRO (ciprofloxacin) Oral Suspension only - other forms contain povidone

    It should be noted that these are name brand drugs and their
    formulation information is easily available. Generic versions are harder to research and must be checked for the addition of povidone or crospovidone.

  4. #4
    granny2013 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I took Levaquin for a difficult case of bronchitis. My God, why do they this drug stay out there.
    I developed severe pain around my knee and it went into my leg,,,,today it has moved to my foot. Waiting results of a MRI.
    I have never had this kind of pain in my almost 70 years. I have to use a wheelchair. I don't know if I will ever get back to normal.

  5. #5
    kelee227 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default Crospovidone

    First, I am extremely sorry for your loss. My dad died in 2008 and while the loss of a child may be different than the loss of a parent, it is still loss and I am sorry.

    Crospovidone is an excipient (inactive ingredient) found in many medications. It is classified as a disintegrant, which used to help a tablet break up in the body so it can be absorbed. Check out this website for more information.

    http://www.carterpharmaceuticalconsu...tergrants.html

  6. #6
    jezzicaz789 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lindalou622 View Post
    What is crospovidone ?? and why would it be in my 12 year old sons lungs?? This was listed on his autopsy....he had a severe sore throat and collapsed and had to be rushed to the ER, where he was given 18 different medications could this crospovidone be in one of them ... this is a mystery to me because the defintion for this has noithing to do with my child ,he was a healthy, smart and not into anything especially IV drug use, for goodness sAKE...hELP!!???

    Hi all, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!
    __________________
    Movies Online Free

  7. #7
    doc.rose is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,227

    Default

    Absolutely!! Welcome!

  8. #8
    Brenda Kidd is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3

    Angry Crospovidone/Formaldehyde

    Quote Originally Posted by lindalou622 View Post
    What is crospovidone ?? and why would it be in my 12 year old sons lungs?? This was listed on his autopsy....he had a severe sore throat and collapsed and had to be rushed to the ER, where he was given 18 different medications could this crospovidone be in one of them ... this is a mystery to me because the defintion for this has noithing to do with my child ,he was a healthy, smart and not into anything especially IV drug use, for goodness sAKE...hELP!!???

    To: lindalou622
    From:Brenda Kidd
    Name: Kollidon® CL Chemical Names. Polyvinylpyrrolidone, povidone Synonyms names. Crospovidone, crospovidonum, insoluble polyvinylpyrrolidone Other name: PVP
    Polyvinylpyrrolidone: Synthetic polymer made from formaldehyde.
    Your son ingested an overdose of additives preservatives, sanitizing and disinfectants, embalming fluid namely, formaldehyde and other chemicals and 1,4dioxane contaminants that were in those 18 different medication, which names are disguised, by synonym names, brand names, chemical names product names and trade names.
    During the time of your son’s death formaldehyde was consider a contaminant not a chemical.
    Furthermore, contaminants do not have to be listed on the product labels.
    Formaldehyde is a colourless liquid, highly poisonous, used to preserve dead bodies - also found in cigarette smoke and is known to cause cancer, respiratory, skin and gastrointestinal problems.
    Most importantly, Crospovidone, namely formaldehyde is found in pharmaceutical drugs/medication.
    Crospovidone, namely formaldehyde is in some of those 18 different medications that were given to your son. Formaldehyde didn’t necessary had to be in one of the 18 different medications, it was in more than one of the medications. Double or even single excessive of ingesting the combinations of those 18 drugs, Crospovidone/formaldehyde, mixed with other dangerous chemicals and contaminants 1,4-dioxane along can cause a death.

    Formaldehyde can kill you by ingesting it.

    Some people are more sensitive than others, so an (ingesting) exposure that causes no problems for some people can cause sickness or death in other people.

    Formaldehyde can kill you by smelling it.
    A man who had complained of formaldehyde fumes was found dead in his FEMA trailer.

    Formaldehyde, which is the main ingredient in embalming fluid, can damage the neurological connectors in living human bodies.
    Formaldehyde is known to cause cancer, respiratory, skin and gastrointestinal problems. Formaldehyde is the same dangerous, hazard, chemical that is and was in the Fema trailers, which made people sick...and killed a man…Hurricane Katrina...It is also in consumers products too...
    Formaldehyde is found in household sources, such as fiberglass, carpets, permanent press fabrics, paper products, some household cleaners, manufactured wood products used in new mobile homes, cigarettes and other tobacco products, gas cookers, and open fireplaces, and Smog to name a few.

    Formaldehyde can cause serious breathing problems even in people who do not ordinarily have respiratory problems.
    Consumers have inhaled, ingested, and absorbed through the skin, formaldehyde, the main chemical ingredient in Embalming Fluid.
    Formaldehyde will irritate the human nose, human eyes, human throat and human lungs.
    Formaldehyde can cause humans to have the following health issues: Ear infections, depression, asthma, vomiting, laryngitis, mental confusion, skin reactions, joint pain, disorientation, sleep disturbances, headaches, fatigue, nausea, phlebitis, dizziness, panic attacks, cardiovascular problems, bed wetting and anxiety attacks.
    Infants, toddlers, elderly, women who work in the home/stay at home moms and chronically ill people have even a higher death rate from cancer cause by formaldehyde and other chemicals and contaminants, than people working outside the home, because they spend more time in the home.
    Many chemicals that are used in products have not been tested for negative side effects, and mostly, none of the chemicals have been tested in combination with other chemicals. The FDA oversees personal care products and regulates them once they are on the market. There is no stamp of approval beforehand.
    Below are some of the products, which contain formaldehyde, 1,4-dioxane and other chemicals and contaminants. Toothpaste/a small amount of toothpaste with formaldehyde in it and other chemicals can kill or harm a child, fluoride, shampoo, baby products, cosmetics, mouthwash, cleaning products, hair setting lotions, hairspray, pharmaceutical drugs, over the counter medications, perfumes, fingernail polish, fungicides use on fruit trees have cause babies to be born with very tiny eyes or no eyes, pesticides, air fresheners desensitize your nerves in your nose so you can’t smell, laundry spray starch, dry cleaning clothing, moth balls, floor polishes, antiperspirants, waxes, furniture polish, shaving cream, laundry detergents, tide is the main polluter, tide, tide free, ivory snow gentle, gain 2x ultra, cheer bright clean detergent, era 2x ultra, nail polish remover, insect repellent, hair styling gel and mousse, window cleaners, baby powder with talc, crest tartar control toothpaste, lysol disinfectant, clairol nice-n-easy hair color, head and shoulder shampoo, pantene shampoo, herbal essence shampoo, vo5 hair conditioner, ajax cleanser, Palmolive dish liquid, chlorine, bleach is linked to breast cancer and behavioral problems in our children and reproductive problems in men, wax paper, Tupperware/plastic has cause kidney and liver damage, coffee, money, permanent press clothing, carpet have caused kidney and liver damage, tobacco, dawn dishwashing detergent and easy off. Mobil homes/trailers and there smell and cars/New car smell…

    Some of formaldehyde symptoms also occur, with other upper respiratory illnesses, therefore if you have formaldehyde symptoms make sure you see a doctor. But always find out what is in your medication. Remember contaminants are not listed as ingredients and most of the ingredients that are listed names are disguised, especially the dangerous toxic ingredients.

    I’m sorry for the dear sweet loss of your son, but you have to believe me, no matter what others say. I am telling you nothing, but the truth, although others have not. A small trace of a dangerous chemical, Crospovidone/formaldehyde mix with other small traces of dangerous chemicals and contaminants, 1,4dioxane are excessive dangerous and deadly for anyone.

    Pharmaceuticals and other companies will tell you that their traces of chemicals are below the level and it is sad, because after people are told that by these big companies, people (consumers) believe them.

    Jo62 likes this.

  9. #9
    Brenda Kidd is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3

    Angry Crospovidone/Formaldehyde/Povidone

    Crospovidone is povidone and they both are formaldehyde. Formaldehyde is a dangerous chemical that causes cancer. Most/some of PVP products cause cancer. PVP is formaldehyde and PEG is 1,4-dioxide. They both have different drug names. Formaldehyde is a highly dangerous chemical and 1,4-dioxane is a highly dangerous contaminant. They are not listed on product labels.
    Last edited by Brenda Kidd; 06-26-2011 at 10:02 PM.

  10. #10
    mlaxmeter is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1

    Default Please use acurate information-anything less could be devastating!!!

    These excipients ARE NOT FORMALDEHYDE--nor do they contain formaldehyde. Formaldehyde is a residual impurity that can result from the reaction between drugs and excipients, which is why each excipient is evaluated carefully to determine if it is compatible with a particular drug. Even corn starch produces formaldehyde if it is not used in an appropriate combination. The use of povidone and similar excipients was instituted to replace corn starch in some instances, due to the fact that the formaldehyde presence in these drug/excipient combinations was GREATLY REDUCED.

    When you respond to someone's post, particularly one posted by a person who clearly has a lot invested emotionally in the subject, it is extremely important to provide accurate information. While it is plain to see that your intention was to be helpful, it is far more likely that your erroneous information would have caused a SEVERE emotional blow to the original poster, because you basically just told her that the physicians working to save her precious child's life actually killed him--which is a very serious accusation. This idea, particularly when based on falsehoods, is not a healthy path to be on in the greiving process. You really must think before sharing your conspiracy theories with a greiving parent!!




    Quote Originally Posted by Brenda Kidd View Post
    Crospovidone is povidone and they both are formaldehyde. Formaldehyde is a dangerous chemical that causes cancer. Most/some of PVP products cause cancer. PVP is formaldehyde and PEG is 1,4-dioxide. They both have different drug names. Formaldehyde is a highly dangerous chemical and 1,4-dioxane is a highly dangerous contaminant. They are not listed on product labels.

  11. #11
    Brenda Kidd is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3

    Thumbs up I stand by what I posted!!!!

    I stand by what I posted. You really must think before sharing your conspiracy theories with the consumers!!! You need to go do your homework on this matter. It doesn't matter who you are, you are wrong about my truthful posts. If you want to fight for these big companies' that are killing the consumers with their cancer causing drugs, then you go ahead. However I will tell the truth about these drugs to the consumers. Therefore I will not address this truthful matter with you again.







    Quote Originally Posted by mlaxmeter View Post
    These excipients ARE NOT FORMALDEHYDE--nor do they contain formaldehyde. Formaldehyde is a residual impurity that can result from the reaction between drugs and excipients, which is why each excipient is evaluated carefully to determine if it is compatible with a particular drug. Even corn starch produces formaldehyde if it is not used in an appropriate combination. The use of povidone and similar excipients was instituted to replace corn starch in some instances, due to the fact that the formaldehyde presence in these drug/excipient combinations was GREATLY REDUCED.

    When you respond to someone's post, particularly one posted by a person who clearly has a lot invested emotionally in the subject, it is extremely important to provide accurate information. While it is plain to see that your intention was to be helpful, it is far more likely that your erroneous information would have caused a SEVERE emotional blow to the original poster, because you basically just told her that the physicians working to save her precious child's life actually killed him--which is a very serious accusation. This idea, particularly when based on falsehoods, is not a healthy path to be on in the greiving process. You really must think before sharing your conspiracy theories with a greiving parent!!

  12. #12
    lymemom is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1

    Exclamation Crospovidone

    I am so sorry to hear of the poor boy who passed away. It isn't possilbe to understand such grief, but our hearts go out to you in sympathy.

    We think our daughter also had/has trouble with the inactive ingredient "povidone" in her oral medications.

    She was taking generic topiramate for NDPH in Dec 2009. An odd bilateral hand rash appeared. Initially it was a slight reddening on hands and light itch, responded to benadryl. It progressed over 2 weeks into an angry red, cracked, painful rash that did not respond to any topical ointment or benadryl. She had to keep ice on her hands 24/7 to control pain. When she could not move her hands and the red started moving up her arms, we took her into ER. All meds were stopped. The rash resolved after 8 weeks.
    It was a very strange rash, it looked like "red gloves" were on her hands. The "gloves" stopped at her wrists (at first) and there was a sharp line where it stopped. When it started movng up her arm, it "jumped" over her wrists and left a white banded area that looked like a "watch band", but she doesn't have or wear any wrist watches or bracelets. The rash continued up her after after the band.

    We did not think any more about it after the rash went away.

    Then in April 2010, her meds were changed and within 24 hrs, the glove like hand rash returned, but progressed more quickly this time to pain.

    We stopped all meds. I took all the bottles of pills (luckily I had saved them all) since she first got sick to the pharmacy and asked if there was anything in "common" with the pills.

    What we eventually discovered was that the topiramate and hydroxychloroquine were from the same pharmecutical and both contained inactive ingredient "povidone".

    This second time, the meds were stopped sooner and the rash went away again after a few days. When we restarted her meds, we made sure none of them had povidone and the rash did not return.

    I submitted a report form to FDA at that time, but they have not called or given any sign that a follow up was done or that they received my report form.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default Just a possibility...

    Hello,

    I am sorry for your loss.

    I am only going to bring up one possibility that I did not see mentioned here.

    Is there ANY possibility that your child may have (or been around those who may have) "crushed" a pill for administration by insufflation?

    My reasoning for asking this is based on what you claim the autopsy report stated. If polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) was found in his LUNGS, there is a possibility that he may have (or been around someone who had) "crushed" a pill with intent to administer it's contents nasally.

    Take into consideration the fact that the modern day educational system is more of a zoo than it is a learning environment.

    This is only a hypothesis that I did not see posted here.

    Again, I am deeply sorry for your loss. The only reason I am posting this hypothesis is to possibly help clear up the issue.

    Best Regards,

    -Frank

  14. #14
    truthout is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenda Kidd View Post
    Crospovidone is povidone and they both are formaldehyde. Formaldehyde is a dangerous chemical that causes cancer. Most/some of PVP products cause cancer. PVP is formaldehyde and PEG is 1,4-dioxide. They both have different drug names. Formaldehyde is a highly dangerous chemical and 1,4-dioxane is a highly dangerous contaminant. They are not listed on product labels.
    Crospovidone (povidone) is NOT formaldehyde. You cannot show one scientific reference for this nonsense yet you post here with absolute confidence. Crospovidone is not even chemically related to formaldehyde. Just because you say so does not make it true. and yes even if you say it million times it is still false and baseless.

    It is obvious you are completely ignorant on the subject yet you have the guts to come here and scare people with zero evidence about your claim. Copying and pasting irrelevant data about formaldehyde does not give your false statement any credibility either. Nobody is discussing the dangers of formaldehyde here because we are all aware of it, you must first prove your claim that povidone = formaldehyde. You cannot because it is not true , at least in the realm that we humans live in and positive science exists.

    Few posters above actually tried to explain to you how crospovidone is not formaldehyde but it is obvious you have an agenda and it cannot be changed with reason or scientific evidence.

  15. #15
    mycosys is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default I am so sorry

    Quote Originally Posted by lindalou622 View Post
    What is crospovidone ?? and why would it be in my 12 year old sons lungs?? This was listed on his autopsy....he had a severe sore throat and collapsed and had to be rushed to the ER, where he was given 18 different medications could this crospovidone be in one of them ... this is a mystery to me because the defintion for this has noithing to do with my child ,he was a healthy, smart and not into anything especially IV drug use, for goodness sAKE...hELP!!???
    The most obvious reasons would be:
    It is used to prevent recurrence of a collapsed lung, as one half of povidone-iodine (Betadine) by causing binding of the lung to the chest wall
    Povidone-iodine is also reasonably commonly used to treat sore throats - betadine even make a sore throat gargle, tho there is doubt over the efficacy of topical antiseptics for sore throats, if it were so used it would have been inevitable some would be aspirated.
    It is also used to create suspensions of a huge number of liquid forms of drugs including inhalers for asthma etc (puffers).
    It is also in most hair sprays and could enter the lungs that way.

    all of the above are easily verified.

    Whatever the route of entry, it would do no harm unless there was so much the lungs were full of it, which while it would cause asphyxia seems incredibly unlikely.

    I am so sorry for your loss, i am also deeply sorry for the amount of misinformation in this thread, evil ghouls feeding off your loss to promote their agendas. It is not ammonia. It is not formaldehyde. It is not iodine. It is not what hurt your son.

    It is not an allergen for those sensitive to iodine, though allergic reactions caused by betadine are sometimes misdiagnosed as iodine allergy when they are infact povidone allergy so there is indeed reason to be cautious about povidone/PVP if you have had a reaction to betadine/povidone-iodine as it could be either or both.

    I dearly hope in the nearly 5 years since this happened you have found some measure of peace in some form over what happened. There is no pain like losing your child. I am deeply sorry you went through it. The circumstances you describe would be unimaginably difficult and i wish dearly i could change it for you. I even wish i could just take away the ghouls who would use your pain for their agenda. Some people are sick. I am so sorry.

    Bless

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22