cortisone injections
    dalejrfan71 is offline Member

Default cortisone injections

I have tendonitis and a rotator cuff injury in my right shoulder from using my cane everyday. My doctor said that the only treatment is a cortisone shot in my shoulder. My question is will it hurt like a b*tch?

My right shoulder pain is so bad I can't do anything with my right arm. I can't even shift the transmission in my car and I have automatic transmission. What other treatment options do I have besides cortisone shots?
    If you want to live life on your own terms,
    You got to be willing to crash and burn

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by dalejrfan71 View Post
    I have tendonitis and a rotator cuff injury in my right shoulder from using my cane everyday. My doctor said that the only treatment is a cortisone shot in my shoulder. My question is will it hurt like a b*tch?

My right shoulder pain is so bad I can't do anything with my right arm. I can't even shift the transmission in my car and I have automatic transmission. What other treatment options do I have besides cortisone shots?

Having spent so many years playing hardcore competitive sports I can say that I've easily had 100 or more shots in my knees, plus the ones in my elbows, shoulders, etc. They aren't fun but if you have a good dr that knows how to give shots in joints it's not that bad. You'll be able to handle it okay and it's better than just adding a bunch more narcotic pain medication which I know you don't want. I would not worry about the discomfort particularly. You can only get cortisone shots every so often, so the positive effects often wear off prior to you being able to get another shot. And steroids are tough on your body. Do it just as you have to and not more than absolutely necessary. Hope that helps. God bless.

PS ..... and that was a pretty quick reply for a Sunday morning hey! LOL Up to get ready for church always early on Sundays. Take care buddy! Oh, BTW, you need a car with an automatic transmision my friend!
    Last edited by Robert_325; 12-05-2010 at 07:31 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

My shoulder has been bugging me for the past 6 months. It's just been the last 3 weeks that it has really flared up. Is it gonna be this way the rest of my life because I need to use a cane because of my right hip.

Lately my right hip has been flaring up as well because I have Psoriatic arthritis in my right hip. I also found out from my doctor that the cup in my hip joint is shallowing. My doctor said that because of that my hip could pop out of joint anytime.

I'm in great shape aren't I. I'm falling apart at the seams

Hang in there buddy! Most of us aren't kids anymore. LOL You'll make it, just stay positive and have faith in our Creator! He's never let me down yet, no matter how tough things may get. God bless!
    Last edited by Robert_325; 12-05-2010 at 08:12 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Robert, how do I ask god to enter my life? I've been feeling depressed lately because of my pain issues. I feel bad because my wife works really hard everyday so she can pay the rent.

Would having god in my life help me with my health problems? I have read so many posts here by you and other members who have god in their life and they are happier. What ever I have to do to have god in my life I am willing to do.

I feel bad because I can't work right now because of my medical problems. My wife knows how much pain I am in everyday and she doesn't hold it against me because I can't work. Lately I feel useless because I can't help pay rent.

I want to be able to find a job so I can help out my wife pay the bills. Plus she is dealing with her hands being in pain all the time because of rheumatoid arthritis. Her right hand, the middle finger knuckle that attaches to the hand has swollen double it's size and is causing her pain.

On her left hand the is something like a bone spur that is located on the under side of her middle finger near the knuckle. She is gonna see her doctor on wednesday about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dalejrfan71 View Post
    Robert, how do I ask god to enter my life? I've been feeling depressed lately because of my pain issues. I feel bad because my wife works really hard everyday so she can pay the rent.

Would having god in my life help me with my health problems? I have read so many posts here by you and other members who have god in their life and they are happier. What ever I have to do to have god in my life I am willing to do.

I feel bad because I can't work right now because of my medical problems. My wife knows how much pain I am in everyday and she doesn't hold it against me because I can't work. Lately I feel useless because I can't help pay rent.

I want to be able to find a job so I can help out my wife pay the bills. Plus she is dealing with her hands being in pain all the time because of rheumatoid arthritis. Her right hand, the middle finger knuckle that attaches to the hand has swollen double it's size and is causing her pain.

On her left hand the is something like a bone spur that is located on the under side of her middle finger near the knuckle. She is gonna see her doctor on wednesday about it.

Dale ........ I willl be happy to help you ask God into your life. I can lead you to HIM and the Holy Spirit willl enter your life and do the saving. We can't reallly do it here but I would be glad to do it off the forum. Do you have a facebook page? Give me a facebook link to contact you or your email address and we can proceed forward from there. God bless.

Hi Robert, I will give you my email address but in a private message. On the cortisone injection, it's going to have to wait till a friend can take me. My shoulder is getting to the point I can't get in or out of my car. I am seeing my rheumatologist on Monday, I'm going to mention to him about my shoulder and see what he can do.

I forgot to ask you Robert, is there a way to send private messages here?