Control 2 Drugs??
    mrsmaloney is offline New Member

Default Control 2 Drugs??

I was just wodering if anybody knew what drugs were considered to be control 2 drugs. I have a prescription that states on it Not for Control 2 Drugs. What does this Mean?? Please give me a list of Control 2 Drugs.

Stallion is offline Senior Member

I believe that they are reffering to schedule II controlled drugs, which are classifyied by the DEA as having a high degree of addiction potential or other dangers (such as OD's) but still retain a viable medicinal application, basicly the highest level of controlled substance that may be perscribed by a doc. CII's (as they're sometimes referred to as) can only be perscribed by a doc in person and cannot be refilled over the phone (I don't think you can even get refills for them)
    There's a lot of them, in a lot of different catogories.
    Short List:
    the most powerful opiates that can be perscribed (oxycodone, hydromorphone, methadone, morphine, and a whole bunch of others, as well has preps containing pure hydrocodone or codiene), as well as raw opium and opium poppies,
    Cocaine
    amphetamine and methamphetamine (adderall, dexadrine, desoxyn)
    methylphenadate (ritalin and concerta)
    The powerful, short acting barbituates (pentobarbital, secobarbital and amobarbital) (nembutal, seconal and amotal)
    and PCP.
    a full list is availiable at http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/...d_sched2.shtml

Is that written on the scrip or is it printed on the pad? many pharms and hospitals have seperate pads for CII's because they are more tightly controlled by the FDA.

Information = Freedom

srellim234 is offline New Member

FYI, CII prescriptions must be written on a special prescription form, hence the notation on your prescription. The notation is merely to remind the doctor not to write a CII prescription on your form.