Cold-Turkey Lexapro Withdrawal
    wannabebetter is offline New Member

Exclamation Cold-Turkey Lexapro Withdrawal

I have been taking 10mg of lexapro(for depression) a day and 1 mg of lorazepam(for anxiety) twice a day for a year. I told my doctor I wanted off both because I hate taking medication. He told me I could stop the Lorazepam and only take it when I need it, so I tried that but couldn't even handle a day, not even cutting it in half. So last week I decided maybe I didn't need the Lexapro. I stopped cold turkey 4 days ago after reading some of the comments from people and knowing its not life threatening. So far everything has been great. I feel more energetic, my appetite has decreased but for the better(I gained 50 pounds in a year) and I want to do more. This morning I started to feel the dizziness. I haven't felt any other symptom but was wondering if more were to come? I hope I am one of the few people who doesn't feel dramatic changes but I doubt it. Did anyone else feel ok after a week but then get worse?
    Maybe by taking my lorazepam its helping the withdrawal symptoms?

Also, Does anyone have anything to ease the dizziness? I am ok with it but it kinda creeps me out. I hate not being in control (I don't even drink alcohol because of that feeling)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brandi1279 is offline New Member

Default Lexapro withdraw

Quote Originally Posted by wannabebetter View Post
    I have been taking 10mg of lexapro(for depression) a day and 1 mg of lorazepam(for anxiety) twice a day for a year. I told my doctor I wanted off both because I hate taking medication. He told me I could stop the Lorazepam and only take it when I need it, so I tried that but couldn't even handle a day, not even cutting it in half. So last week I decided maybe I didn't need the Lexapro. I stopped cold turkey 4 days ago after reading some of the comments from people and knowing its not life threatening. So far everything has been great. I feel more energetic, my appetite has decreased but for the better(I gained 50 pounds in a year) and I want to do more. This morning I started to feel the dizziness. I haven't felt any other symptom but was wondering if more were to come? I hope I am one of the few people who doesn't feel dramatic changes but I doubt it. Did anyone else feel ok after a week but then get worse?
    Maybe by taking my lorazepam its helping the withdrawal symptoms?

Also, Does anyone have anything to ease the dizziness? I am ok with it but it kinda creeps me out. I hate not being in control (I don't even drink alcohol because of that feeling)
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I have been off my Lexapro for about 2 1/2 weeks now. I have been on it for about 4 1/2 years after having my daughter and them telling me I needed to be on an antidepressant because of postpartum. I am having a really, really hard time getting off of it all. I started out on 10mg and ended up on 40mg because it was just not really helping with the lower dosage. I tried to get off of it once before and just didn't like the feelings it gave me so I started back up again.

This time is kinda crazy!!! I went through the normal withdraw symptoms but now they seem worse. I am more moody, depressed, cry a lot about absolutely nothing, and the dizziness has worsened. It seems like I get a dizzy spell every couple minutes that only lasts a couple seconds but it is getting to be a little uncomfortable. I don't think that everyone has this issue with it worsening. As far as I could tell, the side effects usually go away in a couple of weeks.

Good luck