benzodiazapine withdrawal
    jsophy is offline New Member

Default benzodiazapine withdrawal

I need some support for this hell. To know I am not alone. I tapered of clonipin in 10 days and had almost all the symptoms on the list. So, after reading wikipedia and the work of a UK doctor/researcher C.K.Ashton I am following her suggested protocol. In three weeks I feel almost normal some days.

I have tapered off tizandine, ritilan, neuronton and maybe some others in the last year. I suffered from many symptoms and the doctors could find nothing wrong with me. My doctor and acupuncturist have been glad to get copies of these articles. I need to get off of vicodin and wellbutrin after the benzos are gone and then maybe I'll know who I am.

This all started with chronic dayly migraine almost 20 years ago. I will be 70 years old in two weeks.

Talk to me
    jsophy

Robert_325 is offline Retired

jsophy .... thank goodness there will be one more person on the forum who is older than me! There aren't very many now. I used for 35 years before getting clean. But we can help you with the opiates when you finish the benzos. We've got a few people here tapering on benzos now too.

What dose did you start at and what are you on right now? How have you tapered in mg over the last three weeks?

Great choice following Dr Ashton's methods. I use the same process. Only difference is Dr Ashton is very conservative. That's good but most people can be a little more agressive in thier taper and do just fine. But if it's working good for you so be it. I respect Dr Ashton when it comes to benzo tapers.

Stay in touch how you're doing. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.