bang
    gryphin is offline New Member

Default bang

I banged a d4 and a 1/2 a little over a week ago. Hit first try. But there was a lot of left overs in the spoon. So I went again. Had to poke around for awhile, finally got blood coming into back out, started pushing, but it burned like i was missing. Proned again, blood again, pushed again, burned again, repeat x2. Well, being this type of person, i decided to go head and push it all in and ignore the burn.
    I didn't get a blister, but I felt that soreish type of feeling. I massaged it for a while and went on my merry way.

Now, a week and a half later my right arm hurts, above and below in site. It has that kinda sore, tender to the touch feeling. Manageable, but pretty annoying. No noticeable difference in the look of the arms. I do work out a little, push ups, minor weight lifting, but my left arm doesn't hurt like this. I am not That experienced with bangn. I don't see anything around the site except a Tiny little bit of discoloration a little below the site, looks like a little tiny birthmark.

Can someone tell me what may be happening? Will this go away? Have u heard of this before? Should I be really worried?

I don't mean to be flippent about this, I know what I am doing is not cool. I know it will end badly, again. But, I have been through 90 days twice and countless meetings and w/d 9 times, so, not trying to be an a-hole, but i just need some advice on this. I know about me being an addict.
    Thank you for any help you can provide.

Anonymous Guest

watch out, you may just give yourself a nasty abcess, i did once, that i waited and waited to get better, then i had to go to the ER coz it was really really swollen, like half a tennisball size.
    i needed immediate surgery and was lucky i didnt get septicemia (spell not sure) but that is blood poisoning, and next is death.

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Can someone tell me what may be happening? Will this go away? Have u heard of this before? Should I be really worried?

<< I don't mean to be flippent about this, I know what I am doing is not cool. I know it will end badly, again. But, I have been through 90 days twice and countless meetings and w/d 9 times, so, not trying to be an a-hole, but i just need some advice on this. I know about me being an addict.
    Thank you for any help you can provide. >>

I agree with Cheekysod on this - best to go to the ER and have it seen, if the pain continues, rather than risk an infection.

I wanted to write anyway - not to lecture or preach to you. I've been reading through your posts after I found this one - and I feel for you, Gryphin. I lived as you are living for many, many years - so I do not judge you. Not at all. It's a helluva tough place to be. I was in and out of detoxes and treatment centers over and over again - and endless meetings... and never seemed to quite "get it." I considered myself a "chronic relapser" and thought I was just doomed to continue that way until it killed me, one way or another.

I want you to know, deep in your soul, that no one is hopeless. As long as there is life, there is hope. I did get it together - and have stayed clean now for over 6 years. What made it different? Can't name ONE thing, it was a lot of stuff - I was so tired all the insanity. I was so full of shame and guilt and remorse, I couldn't stand myself. Others had given up on me. There was so little 'pleasure' left to using, that it just didn't seem worth it. I felt just completely LOST. Finally, when I went for help, I truly wanted a better life - and even if I didn't know what that might be - I knew I wouldn't want to go back to where I'd been.

I dreaded the idea of living life clean and sober - good lord, how boring!!! How I feared what laid ahead. It's nothing like my crazy expectations - nothing like that at all! I had no idea, NO IDEA how much of life I was missing out on, by using. Honest, it is there for you - I promise - in ways you can't even imagine right now. It doesn't happen overnight - and, as addicts, we want that "quick fix" - but... it does come, and when it does, it's a "high" that lasts... and lasts... without consequences, without jones-ing or hangover! Recovery is work - and using is easier. But the work is nothing, compared to the benefits...I only wish I'd done it sooner!

I don't know what it is that may 'kick in' for you to be ready to give up on what you've been doing - and take a real chance on recovery. I just pray it comes, and I pray you take that step. You deserve it, my friend.

God bless you, in your journey,
    Ruth

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

I must be too old because I have no idea what d4 is. But I do know about shooting drugs. It sounds like in your second shot, you picked up something from the spoon that your body is rejecting and you might be getting an infection or as they both said an abscess. I would think you would be able to see it by now though. But I would still have it checked out if it hurts, one week after the fact. I will never forget this. My good friend Carol took a shot of >>>>>>. She proceeded to get really very ill. She ended up in emergency room then admitted to hospital with high fever, trouble breathing, really bad. It was pneumonia. What the xray showed was a tiny small piece of cotton, from the spoon, had lodged in her lung, so just realize one thing: when you mess around this way, bad things tend to happen.