Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xumeng12
Acne tips at best
    xumeng12 is offline Junior Member

Default Acne tips at best

everyone does go through it (I myself am still getting over it) I was once one of those people who just had it sooo bad i got scars. I can't help you get rid of scars with these tips but I can tell you how to prevent future acne.

First off, DO NOT go to the doctor for medicine for acne. Most likely, they will give you an antibiotic to fight off the bacteria and you DO NOT want your body to become dependent on this. While it may sound appealing, acne won't last forever, I promise you. However, the antibiotic side effect will. I did this and took one for years and now am paying for it. While my acne may be pretty much gone, my immune system is extremely weak and I suffer from terrible allergies. Antibiotics break down the immune system very slowly and you become more susceptible to sicknesses that are floating around. In other words, if a flu is in the air, you most likely will be the first to catch it and it will take longer than the average person for you to get rid of it.

Most acne products on the market are...well...>>>>. I have tried probably everything there is out there and I can tell you the best thing for me was just regular old soap and water (antibacterial soap to be exact). I washed once in the morning and once at night. I also applied a face mask for clarifying my skin (that sometimes seems to work well) Other than that, everything else either did nothing or made it worse.

Same goes for shampoo. I wouldn't waste my money on expensive shampoo that was made for acne. I got the same result from Suave daily clarifying shampoo (note: any daily clarifying shampoo is for oily hair and removes build up of any type) (tip: don't ever overshower, that can irritate the skin even more and just produce more oil for that acne)

Lastly, change your pillowcases, sheets, etc. at least twice a week (this may sound like a lot but it is very necessary for someone with oily skin) The sweat and oil is usually there on your pillow when you sleep (especially if you haven't showered) It makes it worse if you shower and press your head to dirty sheets, pillows, etc.

vitamin C can also help with acne (I know it sounds weird but Vitamin C helps build the immune system and fight off bacteria in the body so you will produce less oil) While orange juice is great, I recommend tablets. They are all natural and not harmful, they just store more than a glass of orange juice. Take them like you would regular medication, maybe 2 tabs 2-3 times a day.

lastly, avoid oil-based products

-good luck
    divaa_xo likes this.

Catt84 is offline New Member

Unhappy

[COLOR="Purple"]I would agree with everything that you said! I took at least 12 doses of Accutane and other various antibiotic treatments growing up. I first got acne when I was 11 years old, not even in junior high yet, and it was servere too.
    Everyone made fun of me. Every day I was bullied. So I feel I was pressured into taking the meds by the other kids.
    If someone makes fun of you for something that is not your fault, do something about it! I regret not kicking the ???? out of those kids. I didn't even talk back to thim... I had no friends, just because of something I couldn't control.
    My skin is perfect now. I get a blemish now and then, but who dosen't? The point is, I wish I wouldn't have taken the drugs because now, I have several serious auto-immune dissorders that have ruined my life. So, don't take the drugs unless you have too, and please use care. the vitimin c is a good idea too, I take a supplment daily and it works great!
    [/COLOR]

tjohnson92389 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by xumeng12 View Post
    everyone does go through it (I myself am still getting over it) I was once one of those people who just had it sooo bad i got scars. I can't help you get rid of scars with these tips but I can tell you how to prevent future acne.

First off, DO NOT go to the doctor for medicine for acne. Most likely, they will give you an antibiotic to fight off the bacteria and you DO NOT want your body to become dependent on this. While it may sound appealing, acne won't last forever, I promise you. However, the antibiotic side effect will. I did this and took one for years and now am paying for it. While my acne may be pretty much gone, my immune system is extremely weak and I suffer from terrible allergies. Antibiotics break down the immune system very slowly and you become more susceptible to sicknesses that are floating around. In other words, if a flu is in the air, you most likely will be the first to catch it and it will take longer than the average person for you to get rid of it.

Most acne products on the market are...well...>>>>. I have tried probably everything there is out there and I can tell you the best thing for me was just regular old soap and water (antibacterial soap to be exact). I washed once in the morning and once at night. I also applied a face mask for clarifying my skin (that sometimes seems to work well) Other than that, everything else either did nothing or made it worse.

Same goes for shampoo. I wouldn't waste my money on expensive shampoo that was made for acne. I got the same result from Suave daily clarifying shampoo (note: any daily clarifying shampoo is for oily hair and removes build up of any type) (tip: don't ever overshower, that can irritate the skin even more and just produce more oil for that acne)

Lastly, change your pillowcases, sheets, etc. at least twice a week (this may sound like a lot but it is very necessary for someone with oily skin) The sweat and oil is usually there on your pillow when you sleep (especially if you haven't showered) It makes it worse if you shower and press your head to dirty sheets, pillows, etc.

vitamin C can also help with acne (I know it sounds weird but Vitamin C helps build the immune system and fight off bacteria in the body so you will produce less oil) While orange juice is great, I recommend tablets. They are all natural and not harmful, they just store more than a glass of orange juice. Take them like you would regular medication, maybe 2 tabs 2-3 times a day.

lastly, avoid oil-based products

-good luck

I dont mean to bash you, and insult your intelligence, but wherever you got your knowledge on basic antibiotics is completely wrong. Accutane and other acne medications(like differin) aren't antibiotics, they dont even work like antibiotics.

Antibiotics also don't "weaken" your immune system, they actually reinforce your immune system so they can get stronger to fight the same infection if you were to contract it. If antibiotics weakened your immune system, they wouldn't prescribe it to patients to get better from being sick. Also, the basic influenza(known as the flu) virus, is not a bacterial infection. It's a viral infection. So even antibiotics wouldn't help that.

I as a pharmacy technician, do not recall any of this information in school, or in the field. I work with dozens of pharmacists daily and none of them can agree with your theories.

Also, oil can in fact flair up acne, but you can't treat ALL kinds of acne with one method, all acne can be different, Based on age, hormonal levels, sex, and even genetics.

I don't mean to disprove and insult your intelligence, but maybe you should research a little more.