90mg's of adderall a day and my sister...
    gua742 is offline New Member

Default 90mg's of adderall a day and my sister...

My older sister has always been "crazy" but these last five years there has been a real down turn.

None of us like the psychiatrist she is seeing and we think her treatment is doing far more harm then good.

She takes 90mg of instant release adderall per day and 10mg of ambian a night and has been for years now. This is RX'ed by her doctor and personally I think she is WAY over medicated.

I am not going to waste time posting examples of the things she does BUT I will say she is delusional, compulsive, has mood swings and in general is very unstable.

Bottom line, 90mg's of adderall for 5+ years can't be good for the brain.

What do you think?

-George

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by gua742 View Post
    My older sister has always been "crazy" but these last five years there has been a real down turn.

None of us like the psychiatrist she is seeing and we think her treatment is doing far more harm then good.

She takes 90mg of instant release adderall per day and 10mg of ambian a night and has been for years now. This is RX'ed by her doctor and personally I think she is WAY over medicated.

I am not going to waste time posting examples of the things she does BUT I will say she is delusional, compulsive, has mood swings and in general is very unstable.

Bottom line, 90mg's of adderall for 5+ years can't be good for the brain.

What do you think?

-George

George ...... I don't know your sister's medical history but 90mg of adderall a day is not much difference than snorting up a bunch of crystal methamphetmine. Then taking sleeping pills at night to bring her down? Is there something you're leaving out because her dr sounds like an idiot otherwise! That is crazy unless she has some serious mental condition that validates such a dose of medication. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

gua742 is offline New Member

Default No, I'm not leaving anything out

I'm not leaving anything out except examples of my sisters bizzarre behavior. (Theft, tantrums, random accusations, bizzare leaps of logic.) My sister really is prescribed 90mg of adderall daily, plus ambien. I felt that the dose was ridiculously high, and I'm convinced its having serious adverse affects on her state of mind and her emotional stability. I am not sure what to do- is there anyone I can bring this up with who might review her Dr.'s precriptions of federally restricted substances?