Zoloft
    kittokat is offline New Member

Default Zoloft

i was on zoloft for about 5 years and then pooped out on it and found it no longer worked like it used to. i got depressed again and asked for a change. after 2 years on celexa, wellbutrin and a slew of others, i asked to go back to zoloft. for me it provides a certain degress of calmness (the anti anxiety part) with the not crying all the time bit. i've been on meds for 11 years and i have to say zoloft works the best for both me and my sister who is also depressed. as far as side effects the only ones i really notice are a numbing up of my feelings to a certain degree, which i don't mind, and a decrease in any sexual desire. i don't really care about that either. i take 100mg / day but used to take 200/mg day. doc is letting me decide if i need to push it up. I can tell when I've missed it b/c I'll start to feel depressed so I try hard to remember to take it everyday. I just have so many meds to take everyday, it's sometimes easy to forget.

scubablt is offline New Member

Hello. News about Zoloft vs Wellbutrin (My very personal experience.)

~~~ Here is some info from me @ ZOLOFT and also another Antidepressant called Wellbutrin. I had started my depression treatment w/ Zoloft, and below you will read about my horrible experience with the Rx. "Zo--I Can't Get the Big Boy Up Any More--Loft" and that is why I was changed by my Dr. to Wellbutrin. Although Wellbutrin did not and is still not working very well for the depression, the side affects I suffered w/ Zoloft disappeared. You have to decide which you want: better help w/ Depression OR to be able to get it up and cum.... you decide.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is my story about ZOLOFT and also Wellbutrin. I need to use the intimate details I do to make the point and to be totally honest as to why I HAD to GET OFF Zoloft ASAP!!! Here it is:

*** "I hurt my back in 1999 and still suffer intense PAIN. I even had surgery, P.T., Injections, and much more. The only thing that has helped is Pain Rxs.

I am also still suffering from severe depression from all I have been thru since the injury where I hurt my back -- (All this happened in a 18 month period of time!!!) The death / loss of my last living parent AND grandparent, loss of my mother in law, two dear pets dying, I moved often and lived in 5 houses in 13 months while my new house was being built, resigned a job due to unethical acts at the top of the mgmt. level, took two other jobs and resigned them due to much better offers, marital problems, supervised the building of the new 2-story house mentioned above... that encountered several major problems that just about cost me over 50,000!, major car problems, wife getting sick in a bad way and having 2-surgeries three months apart,financial problems, and the while time I battled intense level 6-9 back pain due to above info. about back, and the dark world of DEEP DEPRESSION has just about over taken my whole life... and it still is as I write this.

So, to make a long story short, my Dr. prescribed me ZOLOFT a few years ago for the depression and it worked OK, but I was so depressed, It would be hard for anything to work. I should say it did not work at first, until they got the dose up high enough... which took several months of experimenting w/ the dose. ***But, here is the BIG problem I suffered w/ Zoloft: The Zoloft left me totally impotent! I could not 'get it up' hardly at all, and when I did finally get the 'big boy' to come to the "Taco Party," (get it?), I could not cum or have an ORGASM at all! I could make love or get sucked [8D]for an hour and not cum! I am not kidding. Plus, it took all desire away for SEX due to my inability to enjoy any pleasure at all. I mean, who wants to go thru the work of having sex and not enjoy it? I did not!! So, this made my wife mad, and she started considering getting laid by others to pleasure her. So, I chose to get off the Zoloft to save my SEX life and marriage. And when I did get it up. and when I was able to make love, it took me SO long to cum,[xx(] that I flat wore out my wife.... I mean I reamed her out due to going so long, that she was literally hurting in her sweet spot. I would sometimes go for 30 - 45 minutes full-speed ahead and still not be able to have much sensation in the Big-Boy, and still could not cum. She was begging me to: 1) Cum ASAP, or 2) STOP and pull out ASAP[8] or she would be reamed out raw.[xx(] Since I could not cum, I had to stop without feeling good or letting the Big-Boy[:0] relieve himself. This went on for months, so I had to do something, right? I had to get off the Zoloft ASAP!

So, ZOLFT helped w/ the depression,[8D] but the side effects were not worth it.[B)] I switched to Wellbutrin, BUT It does not seem to work at all on the depression, so I still suffer thru life w/ horrible pain and in the dark, miserable, terrible, life-threatening, career ending, and extremely lonely world of deep depression. sometimes, the deep depression is worse than the intense physical pain I suffer.

So, that is my word @ Zoloft... it worked some, but killed other parts [}]of my life. Wellbutrin does not have the bad sexual side affects, but does not treat my depression near as well. I have considered stopping it many times, but since it does not seem to be causing me any problems, I thought, "What the heck... maybe it is helping a little, so I might as well keep taking it." Any thoughts on this anyone?

Any advice from anyone that could help me? [:I]

I hope you can get some effective help. Good luck on your own struggles. Mine are literally killing me one day at a time.

Lee

Keep the Faith & trust the RXS!!! In SCUBA: Don't hold your breath, and come up slow blowing bubbles. Also: God created WOMEN for MEN... PTL!

Keep the Faith & trust the RXS!!! In SCUBA: Don't hold your breath, and come up slow blowing bubbles. Also: God created WOMEN for MEN... PTL!

GRANT78898 is offline New Member

Zoloft is >>>>. It didn't really help my depression any. That's probably because I don't actually have a "chemical imbalance" that's causing the depression, I have reasons to be depressed... my whole life has been one long disaster.

Zoloft also gave me horrible side effects... sometimes it made me tired, sometimes it made me hyper, and it increased anxiety. I was crying more than usual, and had increased thoughts of suicide... I think about that way too much anyway, and Zoloft made it even worse. I quit taking that **** after about a month and a half.

scarletky is offline New Member

What kind of test do the drs do to find out for sure if a person has a chemical imbalance?

quote:Originally posted by GRANT78898

Zoloft is ****. It didn't really help my depression any. That's probably because I don't actually have a "chemical imbalance" that's causing the depression, I have reasons to be depressed... my whole life has been one long disaster.

Zoloft also gave me horrible side effects... sometimes it made me tired, sometimes it made me hyper, and it increased anxiety. I was crying more than usual, and had increased thoughts of suicide... I think about that way too much anyway, and Zoloft made it even worse. I quit taking that **** after about a month and a half.

pat56 is offline New Member

Unhappy Zoloft

I was looking for some info on zoloft..and I found your post,I too have been on zoloft for a while and was wondering if I should stop..Right now, I just lost my grandaughter who just turned 1 yr. in 4/07.to liver failure,and everything makes me cry.any info on 200mg of zoloft.?this is what i'm supposed to be taking..but have only been taking 100mg..thanks