Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
whats your reaction to ultram 50 mg.
    andrea965 is offline New Member

Default whats your reaction to ultram 50 mg.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wondering if i should get these filled...50 mg ultram.....i take 500 mg...vicodans....are they gonna do anything for me?

FibroDame is offline New Member

I never found Ultram to be helpful for pain. Even if I tripled the recommended dosage, which is NOT a good thing to do. Also, since my doctor insisted that I give them a chance, I ended up taking them for 3 months, and the Excedrin I supplemented them with did more for me than the Ultram. Then, when I refused to buy any more, since they were simply a waste of my money, oh gosh!! I had BAD withdrawal from them. I have been on narcotic pain relievers on and off for years now, and have NEVER had withdrawals from them, even going 'cold turkey'. The same could NOT be said for quitting the Ultram. I know most people are very skeptical of my claim to be able to quit narcotics, including oxycodone, cold turkey without withdrawal, but it is true. I would never again consider taking an Ultram. This being said, I have heard a few people say that they do work for them, but the majority opinion is that they are no better than two aspirin tablets. I guess you will simply have to try them and see. If they don't bring relief within a week or so, stop taking them before they begin building up in your system and become hard to quit.

Default Ultram Withdrawal Can Be Worse Than Oxycontin

Some Ultram patients report an almost effortless Ultram withdrawal, while others report Ultram is more difficult to withdraw from than Oxycontin, Vicodin, Lortab or Percocet.

Ultram is reported to produce addiction or dependency, in approximately 3 percent of patients using it. Many patients and practictioners believe 3 percent underestimates Ultram dependency.

Some patients have reported seizures, while using Ultram.

The Drug Enforcement Administration has not classified Ultram as a Controlled Substance, although Ultram appears far more addictive than Lyrica, or Lunesta which are classified as Schedule 5 and Schedule 4 Controlled Substances.

With The National Center for Health Statistics reporting 3,849 poisoning deaths, involving methadone, in 2,004, and the DEA reporting 1,000 deaths from Fentanyl in 2006, Ultram addiction dangers might be overlooked by regulators and physicians.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-08-2009 at 06:08 PM.

klopper22 is offline Member

It never helped me with pain but didnt hurt me as far as I know. Darvocet N works best for me.

gronholm is offline Banned

Default ultram

Ultram is not an opiate in the traditional sense, but it binds to the same brain receptors and thus has the same efffect as a true opiate.

rxqueen is offline Junior Member

Default I wouldn't bother

I had an RX for 50 mg Ultrams, 1 every 4 hours as needed for pain. I took one and I felt like I was jonesing for cocaine. I started sweating profusely, felt agitated, restless and foggy in the brain. Didn't do squat for my pain. After it wore off I felt like I was coming down off an LSD trip. I've also heard Ultram is seriously addicting. I would stick with the Vicodins. Just for your own information, you are not taking 500 mg Vicodins. You are taking 5/500 mg tablets. 5 mgs of the active ingredient, and 500 mgs of aceteminophen, which in turn forms hydrocodone, or Vicodin. You would say you are taking 5 mg Vicodins. I'm not trying to be a jerk, just for your own good when you report what kind of medications you are taking

Plus if you don't have insurance, Ultram is a real expensive waste of time.
    Last edited by rxqueen; 03-02-2008 at 07:24 PM.

willgatu is offline New Member

ultram sucks all that stuff did to me was make me feel loopy good luck with your pain.

jalink is offline New Member

Exclamation hi there

I have been using Ultram for quite a while now. At first it made me very anxious. But now it just gives me enengy out of this world, and the best thing is at night I am ready for bed nodding out.
    Start out slow but now for long. Try 100, than 150 etc, etc.. everyone is different. so go easy okay. hope this help
    Peace

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by jalink View Post
    I have been using Ultram for quite a while now. At first it made me very anxious. But now it just gives me enengy out of this world, and the best thing is at night I am ready for bed nodding out.
    Start out slow but now for long. Try 100, than 150 etc, etc.. everyone is different. so go easy okay. hope this help
    Peace

Glad you are finding the ultram works well for your problems. It does sometimes take a little while to get accustomed to ultram and lots of meds when we first start out on them.

You mention starting out on an ultram dose of 100mg, then automatically increasing the dose as you referred ... " ..... try 100, then 150 etc, etc, ....." We do increase the doses like you say and that concerns me some.

The one thing that bothers me about ultram other than us becoming dependent on it and having a tough time stopping is that as we increase those doses we are also increasing our exposure to the risk of seizures. The biggest problem with ultram is that in high doses it creates an increased risk of seizures for the patient.

It's not a big increase in risk at low doses. And I am not saying that everyone who takes ultram should stop because they will have a seizure if they don't. I am simply adding here for someone starting on ultram to be aware that if the dose gets too high the extra problem with potential for seizures does exist and they should be aware of it. Good luck with the medication for you personally. God bless.

kindoneski is offline New Member

Default Ultram withdrawl

No jokes about it, pins and needles feeling in your head for about one week as well as flu like symtoms..Cold sweat the whole shaBANG so enjoy this will u can... Yet another pleasant government made drug that is legal only because its taxable. I ABSOLUTLY HATE THIS MEDICATION! Its basically the red headed step child of opiates and she’s ugly as he##...

shybaybe2003 is offline Senior Member

I took ultram, had NO IDEA i became addicted to it a couple years ago, well physically dependant on it. When I took it it did nothing for me. No high like other pain pills, and it just helped a little bit with pain. Boy was I surprised when I went off them the withdrawals i would have. having withdrawals from a medication that barely affected me sucked.

Brandy WK is offline New Member

I personally thought Ultram was a joke. Didn't do much more for me than taking 3 or 4 Advil! Complete waste of money & time, if you ask me.

~Brandy WK

Anonymous Guest

Default has anyone ever brought meds on line?

Is there any sites thatone could purschase tramadol with out a prescripton? you may email me private.
    Quote Originally Posted by jalink View Post
    Peace

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by delta48 View Post
    Is there any sites thatone could purschase tramadol with out a prescripton? you may email me private.

This is NOT a site for buying drugs illegally online. You need to see a DR if you need medication! You're at the gateway to HELL doing what you're doing. Don't bring us into it. We choose not to participate in addictive behavior here. I pray you'll choose to stop this NOW!!! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Anonymous Guest

Smile Sorry i offened you

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    This is NOT a site for buying drugs illegally online. You need to see a DR if you need medication! You're at the gateway to HELL doing what you're doing. Don't bring us into it. We choose not to participate in addictive behavior here. I pray you'll choose to stop this NOW!!! God bless.
    thanks for your reply. i am sorry if i offened you are anyone else..i did not know that i had asked anything wrong. i am a smart, educated person with a good job ,i am not a drug addict. God bless you too.

mamuhit2010 is offline Member

ultram and excedrin or others can be adjust anybody. It depend on health condition. Somebody better feel ultram and somebody feel excedrin.Thanks

ammonia is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by kindoneski View Post
    No jokes about it, pins and needles feeling in your head for about one week as well as flu like symtoms..Cold sweat the whole shaBANG so enjoy this will u can... Yet another pleasant government made drug that is legal only because its taxable. I ABSOLUTLY HATE THIS MEDICATION! Its basically the red headed step child of opiates and she’s ugly as he##...
    this person is NOT exagerrating. I think if you have any other med you can replace for Ultram.. DO IT! I cannot stress you enough on the fact that this has the worst withdrawal ever even at short term use! I HATE THIS MEDICATION IS CORRECT! Couldnt have said it better myself. AND... I even feel offended at some who would even speak about a Vicodin VS a Ultram 50mg. Ultram is NOWHERE NEAR as potent or useful as a Vicodin and Ultram would never, could never, doesnt even come half an inch close to ANY other opiate!!
    Last edited by ammonia; 01-07-2011 at 06:10 PM.

LOL geesh talk about someone who REALLY would benefit from some sedatives lol.. just kidding god bless!

Quote Originally Posted by shybaybe2003 View Post
    having withdrawals from a medication that barely affected me sucked.
    Exactly my thoughts!

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ammonia View Post
    LOL geesh talk about someone who REALLY would benefit from some sedatives lol.. just kidding god bless!
    Robert has absolutely the right message here, and there's good reason for his alarm.

I have little good to say about ultram; my personal and professional experience has clearly shown me that this drug is highly addictive, and not a very effective pain reliever anyway. What I've seen over the years with my clients is that the detox off ultram is actually much worse than the detox off most other opiates. It's hard for some to believe, as ultram is not a particularly potent painkiller.

One of the side effects of ultram is a bit like an anti-depressant effect, and lifts some people's moods. That "bonus" seems to be a real nightmare when the time comes to stop the drug. It is a poor choice for an anti-depressant, something I do not recommend.

This appears to be a drug that quickly lends itself toward dependency; in other words, it takes little time for our bodies to become addicted and need it to function 'normally.'

Don't lightly discard talk of ultram, as if it's nothing more than asprin or excedrine - far from it! It's a highly addictive medication, and has led so many into utter despair trying to stop it. This is not a drug to buy online, willy-nilly - and seeking to do so is highly suspect. By the way, addiction knows no bounds - it affects the highly intelligent and well educated as easily as it affects the guy in the gutter. We can't "outsmart" addiction; all the education in the world will not keep us "safe."

What's worse is that many doctors bought into the initial hype about ultram, when it was supposed to be a good, non-addictive medication. Experience has now shown that it is certainly not. However, many doctors continue to dispense ultram without any serious concerns, and more and more folks are ending up with a significant problem in short order.

Read through the ultram (aka tramadol) thread, called "tramadol addiction and withdrawal," to see where this medication often leads: http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...wal-37722.html With 700+ posts, you'll gain a lot of insight into this drug.

God bless,
    Ruth

atifimtiaz is offline Banned

Smile ultram

While Ultram is technically a narcotic or opioid pain medication, it is different from typical narcotics in that patients do not build up a tolerance with extended usage and there is a very low incidence of addiction. With other narcotics there is a general tendency to escalate the dosage of the medicine with time and a chance of addiction. The narcotic effect of Ultram is not as strong as the narcotic agents in other common pain medications, such as Vicodin (hydrocodone) and Oxycontin and Percocet (Oxycodone).

roxy_anne is offline New Member

Default Judgemental Junkies

someone struck a raw note with you. Get off your high horse. Do you even know his/her situation? COULD BE similar to mine. I've been unemployed for a year thanks to the economy, my health insurance shot up to 1800 a month (more than double my rent). I had been on Ultram for 9 years (x 3 a day) and when my insurance went POOF, GONE... I found a reputable online pharmacy to continue the medications I had already been taking the last decade. 70.00 for one months worth vs. 200.00 for a "new patient exam" or 90.00 for follow-ups and 60.00 at the pharmacy. That is a 190.00 to 80.00 difference and that is a LOT of money for someone struggling to keep the electricity on and thinks MacNcheese is a luxury.

I made sure they were made by the same manufacturer as the ones I used to get under my insurance at Walgreens and it saved me a LOT of money.

I also order my hemmoroid cream through them. I must be at the gateway to hell because I'm just abusing the heck out of that stuff, can't get enough... my @ss is addicted to it.

Don't snap to judge. Gateway to hell. Real nice.

Some people probably do abuse the system, but don't throw that "blanket assumption" over everyone.

You are projecting (possibly your issues) on to someone you don't know and didn't take the time to before you ripped him a new hole. Not cool.

- Roxy Annabella

Oh, wait... My Mom named me after a popular abused drug, I must have helped build the gateway to hell too, huh?

Last edited by roxy_anne; 06-22-2011 at 06:30 PM.

PS. I have severe nerve damage to my back/shoulder so I have tried many meds, ones with HUUUUGEEE addiction potential like oxycodone (prescribed by a legit team of doctors after MRI's, Nerve Conduction Studies, EEG, Xrays, etc.

I find this one to be the most effective with less of a "kick back high" which is where there is potential to get yourself in to trouble. So, if you try a new medication, always ask yourself two questions before you pick it up:

1. Do I want this for pain or to get "high" or numb emotional pain.

2. If you answered Yes, for Pain, then ask yourself: "Is this pain, at this moment, so bad that nothing OTC will work for it?

That is how I keep myself in check and quite a few times, I've put the pill back in the bottle and tried plain baby aspirin ,tried alieve or advil first, then when that didn't work, I took my RX. The funny thing about any pain reliever, don't always go for the largest amount you can take. At first I was popping 2 at once, a few weeks later, I tried just ONE and realized I got the same analgesic effect from it, so I was doubling it out of assumptions/ignorance. Sometimes, you would be surprised how much even half a tablet will go in combo with an OTC. When my pain isn't off the grid, 1/2 an ultram and 3 baby aspirin do a pretty good job.

I'm NOT a doctor and this is NOT medical advice, I'm just relaying my personal experience... But, with controlled substances, I aim for the least amount possible and only go to the max prescribed dose if I'm totally out of commission in pain. You can't go wrong by taking less of pain killers, (IN MY OPINION). I do NOT recommend this attitude towards heart, asthma, blood pressure or any other non-pain medication. It's not just a different ballpark, it's a different game. ALWAYS talk to your Doctor first.

Quote Originally Posted by roxy_anne View Post
    someone struck a raw note with you. Get off your high horse. Do you even know his/her situation? COULD BE similar to mine. I've been unemployed for a year thanks to the economy, my health insurance shot up to 1800 a month (more than double my rent). I had been on Ultram for 9 years (x 3 a day) and when my insurance went POOF, GONE... I found a reputable online pharmacy to continue the medications I had already been taking the last decade. 70.00 for one months worth vs. 200.00 for a "new patient exam" or 90.00 for follow-ups and 60.00 at the pharmacy. That is a 190.00 to 80.00 difference and that is a LOT of money for someone struggling to keep the electricity on and thinks MacNcheese is a luxury.

I made sure they were made by the same manufacturer as the ones I used to get under my insurance at Walgreens and it saved me a LOT of money.

I also order my hemmoroid cream through them. I must be at the gateway to hell because I'm just abusing the heck out of that stuff, can't get enough... my @ss is addicted to it.

Don't snap to judge. Gateway to hell. Real nice.

Some people probably do abuse the system, but don't throw that "blanket assumption" over everyone.

You are projecting (possibly your issues) on to someone you don't know and didn't take the time to before you ripped him a new hole. Not cool.

- Roxy Annabella

Oh, wait... My Mom named me after a popular abused drug, I must have helped build the gateway to hell too, huh?
    Last edited by roxy_anne; 06-22-2011 at 06:51 PM.

casual is offline Member

Default Scourge of the earth

I used to buy them roxie's from a person that made a bunch of pain clinics in Texas, her and the husband, she would call them Roxanne, man I hated that ?????. They walk around with these pill bottles and just dispense them to anybody for the right price. I just don't have the heart to turn anybody in but I would like to see them get busted though. Neither one of these clowns has a job and simply are just a burden to society. They got a pimped out Mercedes Benz like any other dope dealer and brag on how much an oil change is for the damn thing. Anybody have any advice?

mareke is offline Junior Member

I've taken ultram on and off for years and I've developed a healthy respect for the drug. I was last on it a little over a month ago when I had a lot of back pain as a result of lifting something heavy. The next day my back ached badly and the pain was pretty much constant and from past experience I knew it wasn't going to go away for a week or two so I saw my doctor and he gave me ultram. The stuff works pretty well for the kind of pain I tend to get. It's not effective for strong sharp pain but for the sort of pain I tend to experience it is effective.

It is addictive although how addictive it is would differ from person to person. For me it can be pleasant being on it and getting off it is a familiar predictable process that isn't too bad (again this varies from person to person). Even if you have been on large doses for a long time (I've been on as much as 400 mg daily for several years) coming off the stuff while unpleasant is doable if you are willing to feel bad for a few days.

The drug appears to mute the sensitivity of the nervous system so you aren't as aware of pain signals and it produces a slight mood lift that allows you to do lots of things without feeling tired. While it's nice being able to do lots of things without experiencing pain or feeling tired there's a price to be paid for that. The drug changes you altering your awareness and it changes you emotionally. You aren't your real self while on the stuff and you aren't fully aware of how it has changed you until you have been off it for some time.

Getting off the drug is a familiar process for me. For 3 days I experience a kind of hangover feeling where the mood lift is gone and I don't feel quite right without being able to be specific about why. I might experience a slight headache and I feel a little down physically and emotionally (which is what leads many people to take more of the stuff to get back to feeling the way they felt when on the drug). If I wait 3 days on the 4th day I feel back to a basic level of normality but it takes me about 10 days before full brain acuity returns and I feel healthy but even then I'm not fully right emotionally until about three weeks have passed and then I feel 100% healthy again.

I won't take the stuff unless I'm experiencing pain that won't go away. I have a job I'm planning to do on my car that is going to take me about two days and I know the job will result in aches and pains from the bending and twisting involved in doing it. I'm also likely to feel pain for some days after I finish the job before the pain gradually reduces. I could go and get some more ultram and take it pre-emptively knowing that it would enable me to do the job with little or no discomfort but I won’t because it's not worth going through the cycle of getting off the stuff. If however the pain is really getting me down because it’s ongoing I'll take it.

mareke,

You hit the nail on the head. The key word VARIES, the effectiveness of the drug and the withdrawals will be unique to each person.

Someone went off the rails mad that some dare compare Vicodin to Ultram. Well, 1.5 ultrams vs one 5/500 vicodin.... The ULTRAM wins hands down for pain relief. (For me).

ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF HOW THINGS VARY:

Right after my accident I was prescribed up to 210 mg of roxicodone for years and I read horror stories about the withdrawal I would go through if I stopped cold turkey. It was no worse than a mild stomache bug for a few days with the exception of one day of throwing up and I felt normal again. The symptoms were more ANNOYING than anything. On the flipside, some people go through withdrawal for weeks on a lower dose than I was on... so I don't think any of us should throw these "blanket descriptions and assumptions" on every one because it's different for everyone.

When I stopped Ultram after being on it for 7 years, every day without fail - I had zero withdrawal symptoms. NONE.

leey2k is offline New Member

Thumbs up Lee

Have had back pain for some time and ultrum 50mg work for me,finally got 2 shots of stariod wich lasted about 2 weeks now have been taking 1 50 mg ultram to get started in morning and usually thats all i need for the day.$6 dollars for 90 at wallmart.

Anonymous Guest

Angry andrea 965

warning about ultram (tramadol)!!!!! I am w/d from methadone and benzo's. went in the hospital for chest pain and was given tramadol. I asked for no narcotics or benzo's. seemed to help but after 35 - 50mg tramadol severe w/d's in the worst way!! I am now 60 days no benzo's and 21 days no methadone but am very worried about taking the tramadol. I have very bad w/d's after they wear off (6-9 hrs) much worse than if I had not taken them. this is a terrible drug. it should be pulled and the makers sued! I can only say this from my own personal expierence. don't want anyone else to suffer like I am. I should be feeling much better but instead poisoned again by doctors that don't have a clue about addiction because they have never been addicted and "they" don't care!!!

Blessed_Be is offline New Member

OMG, now I'm scared of the tramadol....have had to cold turkey from fentanyl patches (we both lost our jobs & insurance, & I'm diabetic) because my new dr. won't prescribe the patches, so she prescribed tramadol instead....sheesh, I can't win for losing, lol

Anonymous Guest

Default Blessed_Be

Quote Originally Posted by Blessed_Be View Post
    OMG, now I'm scared of the tramadol....have had to cold turkey from fentanyl patches (we both lost our jobs & insurance, & I'm diabetic) because my new dr. won't prescribe the patches, so she prescribed tramadol instead....sheesh, I can't win for losing, lol
    So sorry to hear about your job loss. I'm just saying the tramadol was a very bad choice for me. I know there is probably some people who need it but it is not for me. It is a very addicting nasty drug to come off of even in small quanities
    After the hospital gave me this poison I went to my primary care doc. She is from Germany and told me the doc's here are not up to speed on tramadol yet. In Germany it is well known as very addicting and controlled as such. Please be very careful.
    b_lars2424 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast