Wellbutrin and Lump in Throat
    jshollings is offline New Member

Default Wellbutrin and Lump in Throat

My doctor just upped my dose of Wellbutrin XL from 300 to 450 mg. I've been on the 300 for awhile and hadn't noticed any changes for good or bad. So my new doctor decided to see how the max dose would be. I've been on it for a week now with the increased dose and I've started to get what seems like a lump in the throat. I have difficulty swallowing and it's like something is caught in my throat. It doesn't last all day. It comes and goes. But it's really annoying and sometimes I get panicky and worried that my throat is going to close up. Does anyone know if this is a side effect of Wellbutrin? I've found a few cases of it online but nothing official. I did see something about potential swelling of the throat and maybe that's what this is. So I'm debating on going back to the 300 tomorrow morning and seeing if it goes away.

Any suggestions? Anyone experienced this?

simran23 is offline New Member

I also suffer from strep throat so many times but i never take medicines or go to doctor according to me home remedies is the best treatment for this disease i have also seen a very good article on natural remedies for sore and atrep throat. Do gargle with salt water 4-5 times a day.mix half tea-spoon salt with warm water gargle it and then spit out.
    Melt one-half teaspoon of baking soda in a cup of heated water and then gargle it.Take 1 spoon of honey and ginger juice and take a liitle bit of turmeric powder mix all these things and then drink it.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 03-16-2013 at 05:48 AM.

simran23 is offline New Member

I also suffer from strep throat so many times but i never take medicines or go to doctor according to me home remedies is the best treatment for this disease i have also seen a very good article on natural remedies for sore and atrep throat. Do gargle with salt water 4-5 times a day.mix half tea-spoon salt with warm water gargle it and then spit out.
    Melt one-half teaspoon of baking soda in a cup of heated water and then gargle it.Take 1 spoon of honey and ginger juice and take a liitle bit of turmeric powder mix all these things and then drink it.
    hope you will feel better soon.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 03-21-2013 at 11:48 PM.