liberty is offline New Member

Default Ultram / Ultracet / Tramadol

Ultram
    Generic Name: tramadol
    Treatment for: moderate to moderately severe pain

Ultracet
    Generic Name: tramadol and acetaminophen
    Treatment for: short-term (five days or less) management of acute pain

Have you taken or do you take Ultram or Ultracet?
    We want to hear your story. Please feel free to share your experiences.

Consumer Information at
    http://www.drugs.com/ultram.html
    http://www.drugs.com/ultracet.html
    Professional Information at
    http://www.drugs.com/pro/ultram.html
    http://www.drugs.com/pro/ultracet.html
    Last edited by ddcmod; 07-29-2008 at 02:21 AM.

Pill ID is offline New Member

Hey, Hang in there. Although the doctors and drug companies might not want to admit it, Tramadol/Ultram is addictive. My sister-in-law is in rehab right now for that very addiction. She has been trying to stop for almost a year now. I can relate to the withdraw as I stopped Effexor cold turkey(another drug that docs and companies will tell you is not addictive). Get lots of sleep, eat if it helps, keep warm and some OTC's might help with the symptoms.
    Good Luck and Report your addiction to the FDA as this information has to be recorded and looked into.

wifestyles is offline Junior Member

Hey Liberty, what type of 'addiction' symptoms per se were you having? Like what did they do for ya? I know for myself, I got wired- and loved it and began to count on it, and look forward to it. "Oh yay, look at all I can do today with these pills"...I've just recently admitted my addiction with them...all I can tell you, is GREAT for you! Withdrawals do exist whether it is hot flashes, fatigue to whatever degree...and they do suck. Find somewhere away from home, (eases up on the guilt), find a good friend to confide in if you can- and hopefully they can sit with you. You need a sitter- for you. It sucks to be by yourself scheming. Part of my 'withdrawals' was constant crying, tiredness, and backache from sitting on the couch too long. Totally unmotivated. That was Sunday and I got taken to an AA meeting which spurred an even bigger desire to quit- even tho ultram and vicodin is definitely not alcohol. But I tried to relate to the general 'need to quit'...The physical symptoms, I think, have passed, I hope. More now I'm dealing with messed up mental desire to want them, but here's some hope maybe for ya- its been since Sunday and I'm feeling okay and better all the time, so keep on keeping on- time takes forever to pass doesn't it?

kittokat is offline New Member

I just don't get it. I've been on Tramadol for about 5 months now and I don't feel like it does a bloody thing. It doesn't get rid of my pain. My doc even said take it up to 4 times a day. I pop those pills like candy and I don't feel anything. I can't believe other people feel addicted to it, it really surprises me. But it works for others too? It gets rid of your pain????? I got some Darvocet now but still have my Tramadol. I have fibromyalgia and I just want the pain to stop. Docs worry so much about being addicted to a med than they do stopping your pain. Anyway, does Tramadol work? That's my question! I can't believe it works!

liberty is offline New Member

I think that it depends on the person, because everyone is chemically a little differant. One person may get relief where as another does not. To your question on the addiction part. I did not realize I was addicted until I decided to quite pain medication altogether for personal reasons. What I felt after I quite was something totally unexpected. I have moved past most of it, although I find myself craving anything that will take the edge of life and pain, so I have to be very carefull. I am a very strong willed person and I never thought that I would be calling myself an addict but I am and it has totally changed my life. Just be carefull and research for alternate ways to treat your pain if you can like eastern medicine, herbs and chinese medicine. They know their stuff and they help you locate the root of the pain so that you can heal the real reason why the pain is happening.
    The truth is pain medication just maskes the problem they do not heal or cure!!!!! and they can end up doing allot of other damage to our bodies and organs over a period of time.
    Although I have no judgment on anyone who feels they need the medication, it is all in our own hands. We all have the ability to take charge of our lives.

Much Love,
    ONE PLANET ONE TRIBE
    Liberty

Well, I can believe people can get addicted to it. I might be and not know it! I surely haven't stopped taking it! I do think it does something--I just want all my pain to go away and it certainly doesn't do that. I have darvocet along with it and really the pain still breaks through and every day it's a surprise as to where it's going to hurt. With fibromyalgia my doc said he didn't really want to prescribe narcotics so I feel like that leaves me with a life of pain. About the only good thing is now I know why I'm hurting.

lwmol is offline New Member

Ultram users need to be aware of it's serotonin reuptake inhibitor properties. Stopping too quickly can cause serotonin syndrome-like symptoms, which is hell. And after stopping the Ultram you may need to be precribed an SSRI antidepressant vs. "being addicted".
    I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and taking Ultram q4-6 hrs along with Fentynl patches, which only took the edge off of the pain at it's peak. After many, many doctors missing the right diagnosis, I asked for a sleep study. From this they found I have severe obstructive sleep apnea. Once on CPAP my pain quickly decreased. Unknowingly I quickly decreased the Ultram which sent me into the serotonin syndrome-like hell. I went back up on the Ultram, then slowly decreased the Fentynl first and then the Ultram.
    I have a feeling alot of people with fibrmyalgia/CFIDS/depression need to ask there doctor about having an overnight sleep study done.

tenacious

wiccanightmagick is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by kittokat

I just don't get it. I've been on Tramadol for about 5 months now and I don't feel like it does a bloody thing. It doesn't get rid of my pain. My doc even said take it up to 4 times a day. I pop those pills like candy and I don't feel anything. I can't believe other people feel addicted to it, it really surprises me. But it works for others too? It gets rid of your pain????? I got some Darvocet now but still have my Tramadol. I have fibromyalgia and I just want the pain to stop. Docs worry so much about being addicted to a med than they do stopping your pain. Anyway, does Tramadol work? That's my question! I can't believe it works!
    I would be very careful. It wasnt working for me either and took one extra that ended up in a convulsion. I also found out that im alergic to it but if u look up Ultram u will see that it has very high dangers of having convulsions with it. so I wouldnt take this medicine like candy. Just my 2 cents.

teddybear4383 is offline New Member

I have been taken ultram, you said it don't get rid of the pain?no it don't it is a brain block. i go through a pain center for my medicine. I was a nurse for over 20's year. I would have never dreamed on taken the kind of medicine i have taken over the pass 3 1/2 years.but you can learn to ajust to taken the medication, and live by take one day at a time.sleep when you can sleep and eat when ever you want.when it comes winter you do has bears do. cuddle up in the den lol.
    Ann

quote:Originally posted by kittokat

Gert is offline New Member

Hello,

I have recently come off: Effexor 2 x 150 mg, Risperdal 2 mg, Gabapentin 2 x 300 mg, and Trazodone 50 mg.

During the course of treatment I experienced a number of side effects in increasing number and intensity. Whenever I complained about a symptom or side effect a new drug was added to the regimen or the side effects were attributed to "my" worsening condition. Each time my wife and I were assured that the side effects were not related to the drug. Despite our direct questioning of the Doctor, Psychiatrist and Therapist the drugs were denied as the cause of the symptoms.

Eventually I literally succumbed to the stuperous acceptance of my condition. I objected on a number of occasions to the drug regimen based on what was happening to me. My wife, because she was convinced by the medical professionals objected to me coming off the medications. The medical professionals told me I needed to keep taking the drugs.

The side effects included: Headaches, nausea, tinitis, dizziness, disorientation, forgetfulness, rumination or obssessive thinking, flat affect, numbness of feeling, mild to unresponsive catatonia, sexual dysfunction, Akathisia (restless agitated state of internal torment), seizures (electric shocking in the head), confusion, problems with vision, insomnia, somnolence, weight gain, personality change, despite years of sobriety started drinking to alleviate the side effects (esp. the seizures and numbness of feeling), increasing irritability, eventual suicidal ideation, eventual hospitalization for suicidal ideation, a blood disorder characterized as Polycythemia (the blood hormone GBHT responsible for making blood cells is over producing red, white and platelet cells leading to a thickening of the blood) and more...

Although I have not been given a diagnosis of Polycythemia the condition and symptoms are the same and after two separate blood tests confirming a problem I am awaiting a referral to Hemaetologist.

The reason that I initially sought help in the first place was for low mood in response to a custody battle with my former wife which ultimately resulted in her being able to move our children thousands of miles away. This was a difficult adjustment for me given that I was the primary care giver for our children as the mother was career oriented. After having had an in home assessment accompanied by a battery of tests by a Psychologist it was recommended by the Psychologist that she not move the children away because of the likely hood of her having future problems in raising the kids. After having spent $15,000 on the pre-court negotiations my lawyer asked me for $30,000 to go trial. I was unable to continue. Today, the Psychologists predictions appear to be panning out.

Anyways, my second wife who has attended almost all of my appointments with medical team in charge of my care had to eventually ask me to leave because I had evntually become unable to present as a decent human being. I had become irritable and was becoming increasingly angry.

I have stopped taking all my medications now and I am doing better. My wife and I are back together. I am still having to deal with a lot of anger at what has been done to me.

Today, we are researching the medications. What I have found to date are numerous horror stories involving a lot of people who have been adversely affected by the medications they have been taking.

I was a University educated, professionally employed male with a decent reputation in the professional community. Now, my reputation and credibility has been ruined. This is a difficult thing to overcome in the small town where I live.

Despite having had no diagnoses prior to this course of treatment, and without a face to face assessment I have been given 7-8 different DSM IV labels: Bipolar II Depressive, Avoidant and Dependent Personality Disoreders, Substance Abuse Disorder and a couple of others.

Further, their was no indication of a psychological problem in the assessment by the psychologist in the 6-700 questions I answered testing my suitability as a parent. In April/May of 2004 during a medical examination for job which specifically asked about Personality and Affective Disorders my Physician indicated none.

Most of my side effects are documented. I suppose I will have an easier time of it than others to seek redress to my current situaion, however, given the resistance by my care providers to date I still expect it to be a somewhat onerous process.

It was rather interesting to note the retrenchment of the medical model position by my therapist the other day when I broached the subject of what the medication has done to me. She was immediately defensive and began soliciting information about possible litigation and thoroughly cross examined me in regards to looking at my records.

Anyways, the research that I have done to date indicates, substantiates that all of the side effects I complained about can be caused by the medications that I was taking, further, there have been a number of lawsuits against the drug companies, including criminal cases, for the side effects caused by their medications.

If anyone has any advice about how I might proceed to rectify my situation I can be contacted at: onewomanonelove@hotmail.com

Take Good Care

sfc420 is offline Member

Sounds like you've gone through a struggle man....

If I were you I'd sue the bastards who were prescribing you for malpractice, but thats just me (son of an attorney)....
    Too deal with the stressors of everyday life without drinking alcohol or taking xanax (or smoking pot or anything like that) I would suggest drinking kava tea - seriously! the stuff works like a miracle with no side effects. Drink some at night after a long day and you will feel a lot better (Note: it says use 2 tea bags, >> say use three or four

Good luck!

Casey55 is offline Member

liberty,

I was wondering why you stopped the Ultram cold turkey? Did you tell your doctor you wanted to go off of it, what were his instructions. You should never go off any drug cold turkey unless your doctor says it is ok or unless you are having some sort of medical emergency.

Why do you call yourself an addict? If you are taking the meds for pain, then yes you are physically addicted to them, but not an addict. If you continue to take them when you don't need them for pain, then you are psychologically addicted and then you would be an addict. Which was the case for you?

Curious,
    Casey

kittokat,

All medications affect people differently. What works for one, may not work for another. People can experience different side effects than someone else or have none. After major back surgery, I was on a morphine pump and was getting no pain relief at all. After 24 hours, my doctor discovered morphine doesn't work on me. I took the Duragesic Patch Fentanyl and was switched to a Dilaudid pump and go pain relief right away.

If you are taking a med for pain and it isn't touching your pain, you need to call your doctor and tell him it isn't working and have him put you on something else? There are a lot of pain meds you could try. Not all pain meds work for everyone.

Casey

lwmol,

Who told you Ultram is an SSRI? The SSRI's are Prozac, Luvox, Paxil, Zoloft, Celexa and Lexapro. When you look up Ultram it says not to take SSRIs with Ultram.

Also, Seratonin Syndrome is not withdrawl of an SSRI, it is a toxic overdose of Seratonin.

Casey

sfc420 is offline Member

It's not an SSRI. its an SNRI, which still affects seratonin levels of the brain. If you take Tramadol while on an anti depressent you can develop Seratonin Syndrome - it happened to me while on Zoloft... other than that your right - SS isn't a withdrawal symptom, but could have similar affects....

gert,

That is a lot of medicine to be on when you don't even have a diagnosis, what are you supposed to be taking all of these for?

Casey

>>>It's not an SSRI. its an SNRI, which still affects seratonin levels of the brain. If you take Tramadol while on an anti depressent you can develop Seratonin Syndrome - it happened to me while on Zoloft... other than that your right - SS isn't a withdrawal symptom, but could have similar affects....>>>

If you read my post about this in the other thread, that is exactly what I said.

You didn't say how long you were on each of these meds???

Casey

Hello Casey,

I talked to my Doctor about getting a boost because I was having difficulty adjusting to the idea that my ex-wife had moved our children thousands of miles away and I would have to send them away. The treatment actually started with Novo-Sertraline, however, I had an adverse reaction to that as well and was then switched to Effexor. Then when I was on the Effexor I began to experience adverse reactions to that as well and then I was prescribed Trazodone to help me sleep. Then I started having more adverse events and was prescribed Risperdal and Gabapentin. The Risperdal was supposed to help with the negative thinking spiral I had been locked into (which is a reported side effect of Effexor and SSRI's and SNRI's as well). The Gabapentin was supposed to stabilize my mood so that I did not go manic despite no previous history of mania. When I objected to all this I was told that the adverse events were symptoms were attributable to my worsening condition.

My wife was convinced by my care providers that if I came off the medications I would only get worse. In the end, I was experiencing seizures etc. Then the suicidal ideation came and my wife had described the last months as a suicide watch. Despite reports of seizure activity, collapsing for no reason, dizziness, disoreintation, evidence of a blood disorder not previously indicated, a personality change, all the symptoms were blamed on something wrong with me.

So, to answer your question, their were indications of a possible Depression. What I ended up with is a Diagnosis of Bipolar II Depressive, a host of Personality Disorders etc. The irony of it is,now that I am not being treated I am returning back to myself prior to treatment, the person who enjoyed life, work recreation and most of all family. Although I do not expect that my case is typical I am someone who cannot take any medications period. I do believe that there was negligence on the part of the care providers.

Both my wife and I asked about side effects and were told that the medications were not responsible. There was something wrong with me.

Drugstore_Cowboy is offline New Member

Ultram is definitely addictive. I take them for my back (I cracked my spine in 2 places a few years back), and after taking 6-7 a day for about a week, there's definitely some withdrawal symptoms. I was a >>>>>> addict in my early 20's, and some of the symptoms, though less harsh, are the same. Weakened immune system, night sweats, and muscle pain are definitely there. So the companies can say what they want, but it's definitely physically addictive.

sfc420 is offline Member

Thats the truth, my body has been in pain ever since i stopped taking those devilish drugs.... They dont even cure my problems

Gert,

That must be just terrible for you to have your ex-wife take your children so far away from you. Do you mean you had to send them away because of your medical problems? You are certain dealing with a lot and a lot of medicines and side effects. It must be very hard for you.

>>> The Risperdal was supposed to help with the negative thinking spiral I had been locked into>>>

Risperdal does work well for that. When I came of the narcotics I was on for severe back pain, after my surgery, I did it slowly over time and didn't really have any problems except one. I had and anxiety attack like nothing I had ever experienced before and along with it I had racing bad thoughts going around in my head in a vicious circle. I didn't even connect it with Fentanyl withdrawal. I actually thought I was going out of my mind and going to end up in a psych hospital. My psychiatrist told my husband to come right over and he gave him sample of Risperdal for me to take. 20 minutes after I took it, the anxiety and the thoughts completely stopped. It was amazing.

I thought that was the end of it, but exactly one week later, it happened again. I fought taking the medicine as long as I could, hoping it would pass on it's own, but it only got worse. So I took a Risperdal and same thing, it stopped in about 20 mins. Then 6 days later I had my third attack. I know how long this was going to continue, I just knew I didn't want to keep taking Risperdal and it and Zyprexa cause terrible weight gain. My doctor prescribed me Klonipin wafers. I needed something I could just take when I had an attack to stop it, nothing on a regular basis. This worked great and even faster then the Risperdal. I just put one under my tongue and it disolves in seconds and it worked in less than 10 minutes. Eventually the attacks stopped when the narcotics got all the way out of my system.

>>> (which is a reported side effect of Effexor and SSRI's and SNRI's as well).>>>

Are you referring to the racing thoughts or suicidal thoughts? The SSRI's and Effexor don't really cause the racing thoughts, only Zoloft and Paxil list abnormal thoughts as a rare side effect. The suicidal thoughts have been linked to these drugs, but I still think they are rare cases.

>>> The Gabapentin was supposed to stabilize my mood so that I did not go manic despite no previous history of mania. When I objected to all this I was told that the adverse events were symptoms were attributable to my worsening condition.>>>

Have you found the Gabapentin to help stabilize your mood? I have Major depression and two years ago started taking Neurontin for a mood stabilizer. It has been working well for me along with Wellbutrin.

>>>Then the suicidal ideation came and my wife had described the last months as a suicide watch.>>>

When this happened, what were you on? Has your psychiatrist ever discussed Lithium which is often used for bipolar. Or are you saying you really don't think you are bipolor? Sorry, I wasn't sure.

>>> Despite reports of seizure activity, collapsing for no reason, dizziness, disoreintation, evidence of a blood disorder not previously indicated, a personality change, all the symptoms were blamed on something wrong with me.>>>

If you had all those symptoms, I don't know how they could not attribute it to the meds. Is a psychiatrist prescribing your meds.? What did you do when the above side effects happened?

>>>The irony of it is,now that I am not being treated I am returning back to myself prior to treatment, the person who enjoyed life, work recreation and most of all family.>>>

So you are not on any meds now?

>>>Both my wife and I asked about side effects and were told that the medications were not responsible. There was something wrong with me.>>>

I think I would have to talk to another psychiatrist. Have you been in any type of therapy for any of the problems you talked about?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just trying to figure out what the heck they are doing to you.

Casey

Hi,
    I did ask my doc to change the meds finally. He changed me to Ultracet which I realise isn't that much of a change from the Ultram but it seems to work better. I'm also now on something called Diclofenac and then a muscle relaxent at night. This combo has helped the fibro more than anything else. But I also talk Zoloft and Ativan for depression and panic attacks so I'm just one big cocktail. Plus Lithium and Topamax to prevent cluster headaches. I'm just a mess! The pain is better now than it was, but it doesn't get rid of me being tired. And like it is with everyone else....some days are better than others. Thanks for your response though. *smile*

quote:Originally posted by Casey55

kittokat,

All medications affect people differently. What works for one, may not work for another. People can experience different side effects than someone else or have none. After major back surgery, I was on a morphine pump and was getting no pain relief at all. After 24 hours, my doctor discovered morphine doesn't work on me. I took the Duragesic Patch Fentanyl and was switched to a Dilaudid pump and go pain relief right away.

If you are taking a med for pain and it isn't touching your pain, you need to call your doctor and tell him it isn't working and have him put you on something else? There are a lot of pain meds you could try. Not all pain meds work for everyone.

Casey

quote:Originally posted by sfc420

It's not an SSRI. its an SNRI, which still affects seratonin levels of the brain. If you take Tramadol while on an anti depressent you can develop Seratonin Syndrome - it happened to me while on Zoloft... other than that your right - SS isn't a withdrawal symptom, but could have similar affects....
    I take Tramadol with Zoloft. What exactly is Seratonin Syndrome?? What happened to you????

sfc420 is offline Member

It raises your seratonin levels to a dangerously high level, you usually feel the effects of SS 2 or 3 hours after coadministration of an SSRI and an SNRI - I felt euphoric at first, but it wasn't good euphoria cuz it was unexpected and strong. Then i found myself just trying to keep myself in control of my thoughts and my bodys actions, did a little research, stopped it all together. I was just taking tramadol for a knee injury, my doctor didn't say anything to me. But thats what happened

dianab is offline Junior Member

I was prescribed Ultram once for my back pain and not only did it not do anything for my back pain, I experienced terrible trembling and shakiness. My doctor told me to stop taking it and prescribed something else right away. I was not on it long enough to know if I would have become addicted but I sure heard from alot of people that they can't stop taking it. I was told it was non narcotic and non additive also. hmmmm...seems like we are being misinformed!

DIANA

Hello Casey,

Actually, I have read that antidepressants can cause the negative thinking spiral, see Dr. Breggin at: www.breggin.com

The Risperdal has it's main effect by disrupting frontal lobe activity. Rather than stopping the negative thoughts it had the effect sedating me to the point that my wife and family complained that I did not talk to them but merely staired blankly at the walls or out the window, hence the the mild to unresponsive catatonia. Dr. Breggin and others have pointed out the fact that one of side effects of the various medications is a decreased verbalization in many patients.

The thoughts were not racing and not suicidal at first. I had everything to live for, I was professionally employed (with a recent and glowing evaluation, I was a counselor at a Halfway House), University educated honour roll student.

As a former stay at home father, primary care giver to my children I was deeply affected by the move of my children. The psychologist who conducted the Custody and Access Report recommended that my ex-wife should not move the children away because of the predicted difficulties that the children would have should she move them away.

In the end I had to abandone my claim because of a lack of money. A week before the trial my lawyer told me that I needed to come up with $30,000 to go to trial. I was a student, I did not have the money.

When my children came up the summer I began to have difficulties my formerly active oldest daughter had become obese and my youngest daughter was absolutely wild and defiant. Although there mother loves them as do I, she has difficulty with the children. For example, my youngest daughter would hit her mother, the children were unparented etc.

Back to the drugs: No, I am not Bipolar, there was no evidence of that prior to treatment. Gabapentin stabilized me low, if it worked at all.

Because I live in a small isolated Northern community there is no second opinion. Only one Psychiatrist in town.

All of the side effects naturally made me more depressed, especially since they were attributed to my worsening condition. All of these medications are also reported to either worsen or cause depression. Essentially however, in my case I was just heavily drugged and in my experience, drug addicts present with a whole host of potential Psychiatric disorders. Is this an example of comorbidity or as in my case, an example of the iatrogenic effects of treatment gone awry.

Further, there is ample evidence to discredit the notion that evidence of new disorders during treatment are the discovery of previously undiagnosed disorders. See websites at AHRP, ICSPP or other related sites. The serotonergic drugs seem particularly culpable with regards to mania and Bipolar illness. This is the same system that is supposed to be affected in Bipolar illness, the over production of serotonin. It seems imprudent to not consider the implications.

Did I need drugs in the first place, no.

Take good care

dejeneration is offline Junior Member

I was prescribed Tramadol & Ultracet samples for an ear ache. I took them probably about 15 in 10 or so days. I woke up first day without, vomiting, crying, shaking...it was bad. I will never take Tramadol again.

theresalee is offline Junior Member

Quote( was prescribed Tramadol & Ultracet samples for an ear ache. I took them probably about 15 in 10 or so days. I woke up first day without, vomiting, crying, shaking...it was bad. I will never take Tramadol again)
    It shouldn't have caused withdrawals like this only after taking 10 or 15 days? I guess some can vomit with w/d's at higher dose narcs but I haven't heard of it from ultram? I could be wrong... I think you may have experienced the flu? Ay best after only 15 days depending on how much daily you may feel a tad fatigued after stopping... and it lasts about 4 days, then depression and fatigue follow for much longer... It was a good idea to stop anyway.... This of coure is just a guess on my part...... Also just FYI Ultram has been known to cause seizures while taking them and from suddenly stopping them... I have a woman on my forum that after stopping a long time use fell while having a seizure and split her head open, it's been quite a few months and she has no taste or smell? hopefully she will get it back.....

gert,

What antidepressant did you take that caused negative thinking sprial. I am not sure what you mean by that, are your referring to sucicial thoughts. The SSRI's only have been shown to possibly cause this in children, but children only. There are warnings on these meds and if that or any other side effects develops, you should contact your psychiatrist immediately and see how he wants you to come off of it. If is possible any medicine could cause just about any side effect for someone, but that doesn't mean it is common or that people should avoid trying them. I have been on them for 9 yrs and they have helped my thinking tremendously.

As far as Briggin, I don't know how much you know about him, but I would strongly suggest you seek other sources as well and not solely adhere to what he says. He is an extremist and you have to be careful what you believe. Just check it out other places as well.

I am sorry the Risperdal didn't work for stopping your negative thoughts. Exactly what kind of negative thoughts were you having? Did they come on suddenly or was this a chronic thing? Many many meds cause sleepiness and sedation. I only used Risperdal twice when I had a acute sudden anxiety attack and it completely stopped it in 20 mins. After that I switched to Klonopin wafers and they worked even faster. First I would make sure the meds you are being given are what you need for what you are suffering from. If one doesn't work, you could try one of the others. But it is a given not all meds work for everyone.

I myself welcomed the sleep as I couldn't sleep without it. But that is just me and my situation. Yours is probably totally different.

Good Luck, I hope you find something that helps you without such bad side effects. That sounds terrible what happened to you.

Karen

LPenney is offline New Member

JUst got on this site and am surprised at what I am reading about Ultracet. I took it twice and went into anaphylactic shock, stopped breathing entirely. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 15 years ago and have been inchronic pain since then, getting worse and worse. When the Darvocet no longer was enough I tried the ultracet as a substitute. 2 months ago I was diagnosed as having Celiac disease, gluten intolerance, and after only 2 days on the gluten free diet, my pain was a lot less. I believe fibro is becoming the catch all diagnosis of the 21st century. When they can't figure out what is wrong they say you have fibro. Go online to Celiac.com and read about the decrease in pain in people who have been diagnosed with fibro and arthritis. I am completely off pain meds, tylenol included. Still have a little arthritis in joints, but NO muscle pain and fatigue. Try the gluten free diet for 2 weeks and see if you don't improve. Even for people who are not gluten intolerant, sensitive, or allergic, research is showing how much gluten adversly affects all sorts of other disease states as well. Changing your diet is much easier than taking pills and still having no life.
    Good luck,
    Linda P

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast