ultram
    ultratram is offline New Member

Default ultram

i just took 350mg of ultram tonight because im coming off of xanax and lorcet plus. do you think its smart to do this to keep from withdrawling for the lorcet and xanax? if so how long should i do it and how much should i take before i start to weem myself off the ultram. i also have trazodone 150mg, lunesta 3mg, and cyclobenzaprine HCI 10mg. is any of this safe for me to take at night for sleep if i take the ultrams in the morning to keep the withdrawls away? what is the best dosage of ultram for me. i have a very high tolerance.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ultratram View Post
    i just took 350mg of ultram tonight because im coming off of xanax and lorcet plus. do you think its smart to do this to keep from withdrawling for the lorcet and xanax? if so how long should i do it and how much should i take before i start to weem myself off the ultram. i also have trazodone 150mg, lunesta 3mg, and cyclobenzaprine HCI 10mg. is any of this safe for me to take at night for sleep if i take the ultrams in the morning to keep the withdrawls away? what is the best dosage of ultram for me. i have a very high tolerance.

For what it's worth I think you're totally spinning your wheels. It's one thing to take something to help sleep during detox but you've got an arsenal of drugs there. Ultram works on the same brain receptors as hydrocodone (lorcets) so that is not accomplishing anything. You'll be doing nothing much more than prolonging the agony of w/d.

I would recommend that you use the Thomas Recipe for opiate w/d. LOTS of people have used it successfully. You can use the xanax with the Thomas Recipe, you could probably even take a trazodone or lunesta one or two nights during the worst of it. But you need an organized plan.

Check out the following link and let us know what we can do to help. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...wal-35169.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

the thomas recipe never really worked for me, and believe me ive been through this plenty of times, just not with the ultram. would i be better off to lay the ultram down unless its unbearable and i have to take one or two to ease the withdrawals, and just use the sleeping pills and muscle relaxer??

THANK YOU ROBERT FOR YOUR REPLY

this forum has great info and is very helpful to us addicts. ive learned so much reading and exploring this forum.

by the way ppl say you dont get a euphoric feeling taking ultram, but 350mg made me feel pretty good and it was spaced out 150mg then 200mg about hour and half later, i didnt take it all at once. maybe its were i havent done them in quiet a long while.

MaisieC is offline Senior Member

the thomas recipe never really worked for me, and believe me ive been through this plenty of times, just not with the ultram. would i be better off to lay the ultram down unless its unbearable and i have to take one or two to ease the withdrawals, and just use the sleeping pills and muscle relaxer??
    I think this is a much better idea. The Ultram is addictive and is the same kind of drug as the lorcet...except it's more difficult to get off. It carries a seizure risk and also has anti-depressant properties, so it's not something you should mess with. Going off lorcet and onto Ultram is going in the wrong direction. You don't want to get into a situation where you have to wean off the Ultram: it's more difficult than weaning off lorcets and you don't have the option of going cold turkey because of the seizure risk. The dose you took is over the maximum recommended dose, so you'll be addicted to that stuff in no time flat. Please stay away from it.

Good luck.

Maisie

Default thanks for the feedback

i alwayz thought of ultram as a harmless practically useless drug. you never hear much about them on the street as far as worth much and were i live you could barely give them away. i didnt know they're were so addictive and hard to come off of. i actually like them because the the burst of energy i get from them and it does ease my lower back pain a lil (car wreck fractured back and messed up some disks.) the lorcet plus is def the better pain reliever but ultram gets a thumbs up for the energy burst.

MaisieC is offline Senior Member

i alwayz thought of ultram as a harmless practically useless drug. you never hear much about them on the street as far as worth much and were i live you could barely give them away. i didnt know they're were so addictive and hard to come off of. i actually like them because the the burst of energy i get from them and it does ease my lower back pain a lil (car wreck fractured back and messed up some disks.) the lorcet plus is def the better pain reliever but ultram gets a thumbs up for the energy burst.
    Yes, lots of people reeeeeally like them. That's the problem.

I think you hear nothing about them on the street because they're so easy to get. No premium there: anybody can order them from any online pharmacy. It's a real disgrace and a scandal in the making. There are lots of people on this forum suffering addiction problems, and various states and countries are starting to crack down on this drug. It should be more tightly controlled.

Good luck!