Tramadol (ultram) Tremors ???
    cvoor is offline New Member

Default Tramadol (ultram) Tremors ???

I was taking Tramadol 2 x 50 mg a day. That night in bed I had Tremors ?
    Does this mean that I am allergic and should not take Tramadol ?
    It scared me and made me feel uneasy.....................
    My heart rate seemed a little faster also.....

juwliet is offline New Member

I had the same thing happen, except mine was more of an uncontrollable twitching.
    It goes away. I've been on Tramadol for about a year and it just keeps working better every day. I've been able to cut bac on all the asorted other pills I take. Just be aware of the SEIZURE potential with Tramadol.
    Juwliet

He not busy being born is busy dying.
    Bob Dylan

The seizure Potential ??
    What are the chances of that ?

Took a tramadol this morning felt ok so far. Last night felt nervous and anxious to my stomach, guess that is one of the side effects, but i feel better today.

shakeydog is offline New Member

I have been on tramadol for about a year. Helps if i stay ahead of the pain curve. Diagnosed with myofacia pain, similar to fibromyalgia. After about 6 months, I noticed twitching in my arms and shoulders for about 2 weeks. A few weeks later, I started having tremors. Neurologist is pretty sure I have parkinsons. None of the doctors will entertain the idea that tramadol my be causing or contributing to these tremors. They seem to vary in intensity and duration as I increase or decrease my daily dosages. Anyone else had any experience with this?

iloerose is online now Platinum Member

The only way to find to find out is to taper your tramadol. You may also want to try another doctor. What I would ask is if you could wean off of the tramadol to find out if that is causing your tremors. I would always get at least a second opinion on parkinson's before I started with that. My significant other had parkinson's, but rigidity, not tremors. Please at least get a second opinion on the Parkinsons. Also start a thread on need to talk. That board gets more traffic than this and there may be someone there who can help you. Good luck.

Peace,

Iloerose