Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 67
Like Tree18Likes
Tapered down my Subs, about to quit!! Suggestions?
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NYC Metro Region
    Posts
    77

    Default Sneezing

    The short answer is "yes" sneezing is part of wd from Sub. I've been through withdrawal from H, Oxy, Hydro etc... every type of opiate possible. Sub was the only one I had constant sneezing as part of the deal. Weird huh? All I can say is that I am so happy I finally detoxed and am completely clean (and sober) today. My life was so black at the end of my active using and things are really looking up for me today. Keep it up and it will happen for you too!!

  2. #32
    xguntherc is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Thanks for the reply. The sneezing has slowed down, but I've been sick also. Had a head cold n sinus issues for the last week.

    Feeling a little better today finally. Hopefully all will be well in the next day or 2 as I get fully better from being sick as I am DONE with suboxone.

    Yeah!

  3. #33
    xguntherc is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Still going strong. Thanks again to everyone that replied and chatted with me through the process. It works if you let it.

    I hope others read my thread and do the same as I've done.. Now the question is, do I throw the remaining suboxone away. I think I might!

  4. #34
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Having a couple subs in a safe place is different than stashing oxy for a "rainy day." Make sure you're ready before discarding everything. Just my suggestion. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  5. #35
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Just wanted to jump in and say "congrats"!
    I hope to be following in your shoes someday...have gone from 24 mgs/day to 8 mgs/day in the past 10 weeks...trying to stabilize and feel no w/d here before going on down.
    robert_325 has offered to help me

    The freedom must feel wonderful! Please come from time to time and let us know how you're doing. Really proud for you!

  6. #36
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    xguntherc...Just wanted to add that since reading this thread from the beginning, I am VERY INTERESTED to see how you do! We have been on Subs for a similar dose and similar amount of time.
    I was scared that I had been on so long and at so high a dosage that this would be hard. I get so happy when I read of people like you (and me) who are jumping after being on Subs for several years and on the higher doses. I know of one gentleman who was on Subs for 6 years and successfully tapered! We just have to follow through, don't give up, and keep our spirits up
    I am so excited for you....this has got to be a feeling like no other! Please, please come back every month or so for a while and post on how you are doing as you get further and further away from your jump.

  7. #37
    xguntherc is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Oh robert I never stashed oxy for a "rainy day" I stashed it for the next day! That and I hit halfs in my room for when I ran out I could find some. lol.

    Anyways, Yea I guess your right. I'm been thinking about throwing away the suboxone I have left, it is still sitting on my desk, I think I'll throw it in the closet or somewhere out of sight for now.

    And hey Aria, thanks for your words. I am glad to say I've not had any suboxone since 4/16 so it has almost been a month and it feels excellent. I was taking it twice daily so I know what you mean by freedom. Not having to remember in the morning, or forgetting it when going out with friends at night and sometimes leaving early to go dose. I hated all of that... I'm finally free from pills completely and It is a very good feeling.

    I don't know how you dose aria, or what your past is, but obviously none of us want to feel that withdrawl symptom that is hell. But if anything helps you I hope this next line does. If I had ANY CLUE that tapering down as low as robert has guided would be as light and easy as it was, I would have done it years ago.. Obviously it is not easy, and everyone might react different, but it isn't hard either. Other than issues sleeping and feeling really restless at times I had NO larger w/d effects and I was very surprised throughout the entire thing. I feel like once you taper that low, it is almost more of a mind thing. It does get mentally draining the first week, but push through that. I did the Thomas Recipe (here on forum) at the same time, so that might have helped. I also went mountain biking a few times, and even tanning to try and help sweat it out. Those things made me feel better. Just getting out of the house in general seemed to help. I went to the park, played some volleyball (was way sore the next 2 days).

    So keep tapering, get down as quickly but easily as you can, and then do this! I was taking my low low dose for about a month before I found roberts guide so that might also be why it wasn't too hard, cuz my body was used to such a low low dose. Anyways keep it up, you can do it if I can. lol. Thanks again everyone!

  8. #38
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    As long as we keep meds around after we've stopped using, especially a schedule II narcotic it just lingers and tries to get us back in its grip.It dosen't do anyone of us any good. If I didn't need it, I would dispose of itl ...... 'that is just my opinion!

    Some peope will disagree with me and that is fine, but to me it's just a temptation we don't need, and a temptation is nothing but a relapse waiting to happen. It's just bad news in my humble opinion. 'that is my experience........

    Right or wrong it's not in your best interest. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  9. #39
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    xgunther, I appreciate what you've said so much as I have been so frightened that I had been on Subs too long to get off easily. It has made my day for you to say that you had no idea it would be as easy as it has been using robert's plan.

    Robert...please respond to me in my thread when you get time! I am so excited to be working with you!

    God Bless us all

  10. #40
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aria14 View Post
    xgunther, I appreciate what you've said so much as I have been so frightened that I had been on Subs too long to get off easily. It has made my day for you to say that you had no idea it would be as easy as it has been using robert's plan.

    Robert...please respond to me in my thread when you get time! I am so excited to be working with you!

    God Bless us all




    aria14.......... If you follow the suggestions I've give you I doubt that you'll have any significant problems. Just be naive enough to listen to what I say and don't be so paranoid. This should work out fine for you in the end. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  11. #41
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    robert, forgive me but what suggestioins have you given me so far?

    I read your taper plan as you told me and then you said you would be back to answer any questions I might have and we would start from there.

    I read the plan about reducing 25% each day and I know you wanted to check about the strips strength....other than that, I'm patiently waiting

    Thanks and yes, it does do me so much good to read stories like xgunthers. Hard not to be a little paranoid when you read so much negative out there.

    Thanks, again.

  12. #42
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    You do NOT want to taper 25% every day, you taper 25% every FOUR days. Doing it every day will make you have bad w/d symptoms.

    Stabilize where you're at, then when you feel good at the dose you're at we'll start tapering you down. You started out totally wrong doing this whole process due to your dr so we'll have to allow a little time for his ignorance. Hang in there. We'll get you straigjtened out I assure you.. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  13. #43
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    You do NOT want to taper 25% every day, you taper 25% every FOUR days. Doing it every day will make you have bad w/d symptoms.

    Stabilize where you're at, then when you feel good at the dose you're at we'll start tapering you down. You started out totally wrong doing this whole process due to your dr so we'll have to allow a little time for his ignorance. Hang in there. We'll get you straigjtened out I assure you.. God bless.
    Typo! I meant taper 25% every 4 days...I need to check what I've written before I hit enter!

    Yes, yes...I understand now...I need to get stabilized at this 8 mgs/day before we begin the taper. I know I cannot taper with this anxiety from my previous drop. Hopefully, I will stabilize here soon...2 weeks at the most.

    robert, I will call out for you as soon as I'm ready. Meanwhile, I'll continue to read other uplifting stories, eat right, exercise and get ready to go on down. And...most importantly, pray for us all that battle this in our lives.

    I hope you are feeling much better today. Thank you very much,robert....God Bless You.

    aria

  14. #44
    xguntherc is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Hi everyone.. How goes it?

    I can proudly say that I'm still doing great and I'm as clean as can be.. Roberts method worked and it worked amazingly well. I was concerned with W/D symptoms as we all hate them but his method was actually mildly "easy". Yes I'd say easy. Anyone should be able to do it. I came from 4 years of suboxone and over 2 years of that I took 24mg a day.

    Keep going strong and have faith, it works and it is worth it.
    Robert_325 likes this.

  15. #45
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xguntherc View Post
    Hi everyone.. How goes it?

    I can proudly say that I'm still doing great and I'm as clean as can be.. Roberts method worked and it worked amazingly well. I was concerned with W/D symptoms as we all hate them but his method was actually mildly "easy". Yes I'd say easy. Anyone should be able to do it. I came from 4 years of suboxone and over 2 years of that I took 24mg a day.

    Keep going strong and have faith, it works and it is worth it.
    Wow, am I proud of you I'll be joining you, hopefully by late fall.

    Yes, Robert's taper plan works. I'm currently down to 3 mgs/day with little to no physical withdrawal.
    Can't lie...I have been having real probs with depression/anxiety BUT I'm sure it is from being on a high dose for years and now having to "come back to earth", so to speak I have all the faith that I am going to get through this just fine. I have a lot to be happy about in my life and if I can just get through this taper, I think my emotional health will be back 100%.

    xguntherc....you have just done fantastic. Isn't the feeling of freedom wonderful?!!! I quit smoking on April 23 and so I'm feeling the freedom from cigarettes (it's great) and can't wait until I can add Sub to it.

    ((((BIG HUG TO YOU))))
    HenryNCBA likes this.

  16. #46
    xguntherc is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Aria yes it feels amazing to be "free" so to speak, and it really is that way. Never wondering in the back of your head about subs or if you have enough, counting them to match the week for my days off to go back to doc. I hated all that !!!

    I go on a week camping, hiking, or kayak trip every summer with my Dad, Brother and a few friends and I just went this year to the Grand Tetons in Jackson Hole Wyoming and kayaked back into the natural glacier lakes and it was AMAZING.. The last 2 years I had to bring subs and make sure I had enough, if we went on day trips I'd have to remember to grab some. Having a completely relaxing and peaceful trip this year was incredible.

    Keep it up Aria and anyone else as our lives can only get better off the stuff, no matter what our addicted brain tries to tell us in the mean time..

    Keep up the fight friends.

  17. #47
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xguntherc View Post
    Aria yes it feels amazing to be "free" so to speak, and it really is that way. Never wondering in the back of your head about subs or if you have enough, counting them to match the week for my days off to go back to doc. I hated all that !!!

    I go on a week camping, hiking, or kayak trip every summer with my Dad, Brother and a few friends and I just went this year to the Grand Tetons in Jackson Hole Wyoming and kayaked back into the natural glacier lakes and it was AMAZING.. The last 2 years I had to bring subs and make sure I had enough, if we went on day trips I'd have to remember to grab some. Having a completely relaxing and peaceful trip this year was incredible.

    Keep it up Aria and anyone else as our lives can only get better off the stuff, no matter what our addicted brain tries to tell us in the mean time..

    Keep up the fight friends.



    You're awesome dude! Good to see you back around. Don't be a stranger. Your posts affect people more than mine with your recent accomplishments. People can relate to you. Take care and post around the forum some while you're here if you have time. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  18. #48
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Glad you had a good trip, xgun

    I had to go out of town last weekend and there I was, making sure I had my strips precut and had enough to last me. Then you're in the hotel room wondering if you should take them with you or risk leaving them in the room and etc....it's such a pain. Can't wait to be free like you!

    It sounds like you are feeling good and no PAWS or lingering issues. I am down to 2 mgs/day now...4 months into my taper and down 22 mgs/day.

    Nope, it has not been "easy" but it has not been "impossible". People want to hear us say "it's a piece of cake" or "a walk in the park" or "I came off Subs with no w/d symptoms at all". That is just not the case with me, anyway! But, I am doing it...you have done it...and there are many others!

    It takes work, dedication, paying attention and a little courage I've said it before and it bears repeating...you must want off the Sub more than you mind the w/d symptoms.

    Keep checking in with us from time to time...it's so good to hear a success!

  19. #49
    FreeMe2011 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    63

    Default

    XGun.... amazing story and thanks so much for sharing. I'm down this week to 4mg / day from anywhere between 8mg-24mg over the last 8 months. Luckily I somewhat educated myself as well before I went down this road but ultimately I will have been on them close to 10 months.

    Definitely feeling off. Needed a few crumbs on the way home from work yesterday but today I'm starting to split my dose at 2mg in am and 2mg in pm under Roberts suggestion. I initially thought if I can be stable on one dose a day that might be better but I can see that a steady stream at this stage might ultimately be best.

    The chronic pain has come back but I would much rather feel it now than be in that cycle again. And the w/d.....oh, the w/d. Anyway, cycling again and exercising somewhat and the plan is to get fit again, get off the subs and then maybe explore surgery. I understand they have come along way in back surgery and it changed one of my best friends life. So for me, I'm starting to feel a bit more in control.

    I read on with inspiration from all of you. What an amazing resource and support group. Best to all.

    FM11

  20. #50
    xguntherc is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Hello Folks!!!!

    Today I found myself wondering just how long it has been since I've been completely clean of all this nonsense.. After looking through the posts and seeing the date, and everyone's comments I figured a little update was in order.

    I've been 100% clean since April 17th 2011. I completely forgot to celebrate my 1 year mark...

    Everything is going great here for me. I've been completely clean off hard drugs for 5 years or so, and completely off of Subs for over a year now. For anyone reading this thread (and this latest comment) this system does in fact work, and it works well. If you give it a little effort, and seriously try you'll be clean too. I've since got an awesome full-time salary job. I no longer wait on tables here in Vegas. Things are better than ever with friends and family, I have a new place. I seriously wish I would have tried this sooner, instead of wasting away years of my life sucking down suboxone all day long.

    Been 1 year and going strong. I have no signs of slowing down and won't ever put myself in that position again. I want to say once again thanks to Robert, Henry, the Thomas Recipe, and everyone else that has posted in this board to give me hope, suggestions, advice, or even hope themselves for reading my story. I truly appreciate it all.

    Good luck everyone, and keep up the good work!
    andi85 likes this.

  21. #51
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xguntherc View Post
    Hello Folks!!!!

    Today I found myself wondering just how long it has been since I've been completely clean of all this nonsense.. After looking through the posts and seeing the date, and everyone's comments I figured a little update was in order.

    I've been 100% clean since April 17th 2011. I completely forgot to celebrate my 1 year mark...

    Everything is going great here for me. I've been completely clean off hard drugs for 5 years or so, and completely off of Subs for over a year now. For anyone reading this thread (and this latest comment) this system does in fact work, and it works well. If you give it a little effort, and seriously try you'll be clean too. I've since got an awesome full-time salary job. I no longer wait on tables here in Vegas. Things are better than ever with friends and family, I have a new place. I seriously wish I would have tried this sooner, instead of wasting away years of my life sucking down suboxone all day long.

    Been 1 year and going strong. I have no signs of slowing down and won't ever put myself in that position again. I want to say once again thanks to Robert, Henry, the Thomas Recipe, and everyone else that has posted in this board to give me hope, suggestions, advice, or even hope themselves for reading my story. I truly appreciate it all.

    Good luck everyone, and keep up the good work!



    Hey dude! Good to hear from you again, especially with a year off the subs and five years off the hard drugs! That is awesome. You should be proud of yourself, I remember everything you went through getting clean. So happy to see that you've stuck it out and have now come back! So often we don't hear back from success stories like you! And that is a sad thing!

    You should take a little time and post around the forum. Lots of new people that could really relate to someone like you that has one year under their belt off the subs. You're living proof this all works. Stay in touch! And again, congratulations. I know your life has changed a lot since you first got here. A year off the subs plus the time off the other opiates is an awesome accomplishment. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  22. #52
    PatrickB is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Congratulations on remaining clean, it certainly isn't easy for most. I've been taking sub for almost 2 years now and I'm all set to give it my best effort to never use this drug or any other drug again. I totally wish I had never made the decision and gone through cold turkey from >>>>>> like I had in the past, but at the same time I managed to get involved in a 12 step program and get my life together. It's time to stop having to live in fear of this and get through to the other side. Thanks for posting on your success, it certainly brightens my day and give me hope that I can do this. I hope you continue to enjoy your new life.

  23. #53
    thalia45 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    YEAH !!!!
    very happy for you, Robert is sick but he said he was really proud of you..
    let us know how you do...
    Melinda
    Nothing to say here except that I am so sorry Robert is sick. He, of all people does not deserve to be "sick"!
    Please feel better soon! ....Thalia

  24. #54
    andi85 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Gulf Coast Area, Alabama
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xguntherc View Post
    Hello Folks!!!!

    Today I found myself wondering just how long it has been since I've been completely clean of all this nonsense.. After looking through the posts and seeing the date, and everyone's comments I figured a little update was in order.

    I've been 100% clean since April 17th 2011. I completely forgot to celebrate my 1 year mark...

    Everything is going great here for me. I've been completely clean off hard drugs for 5 years or so, and completely off of Subs for over a year now. For anyone reading this thread (and this latest comment) this system does in fact work, and it works well. If you give it a little effort, and seriously try you'll be clean too. I've since got an awesome full-time salary job. I no longer wait on tables here in Vegas. Things are better than ever with friends and family, I have a new place. I seriously wish I would have tried this sooner, instead of wasting away years of my life sucking down suboxone all day long.

    Been 1 year and going strong. I have no signs of slowing down and won't ever put myself in that position again. I want to say once again thanks to Robert, Henry, the Thomas Recipe, and everyone else that has posted in this board to give me hope, suggestions, advice, or even hope themselves for reading my story. I truly appreciate it all.

    Good luck everyone, and keep up the good work!
    Congratulations!!! You are definitely an inspiration! I started working with Robert last week to taper off of subs after being on them for 8 months (most of which I was taking 24mg a day!). It's great to see posts from people like you that have done this and have been successful at staying clean. You should definitely be very proud of yourself!

  25. #55
    xguntherc is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Hey Robert and everyone. Thanks for the comments. I hope this post being bumped to the front page might inspire a few people to take the plunge and get clean. I certainly am glad I did. Yes Robert, I figured a success story was always welcomed and it sucks we don't see them enough. Sadly it's probably because many relapse. I know this wasn't my first try, or my second. I'm not one for finding god, or going to NA, but people should do whatever is needed to get clean.

    For me it was a change of lifestyle. It's more than just a step, it's an entire process.

    Andi85 (assuming that is ur birth year) you're just a year older than me. It's time we get clean and straighten up is my thoughts a long time ago. Glad to see you are finally going to give it a go. I took over 24 mg a day for almost 2 years and am proof that a taper plan, support, and a good mindset is all you need to break free.

    I'll have to stop in from time to time and talk with people in the forums, this truly is a great place to talk and seek help. Now that I'm clean I just might have to call a few of those x-girlfriends and straighten things out. haha!

    Stay strong guys! (and gals)
    Robert_325 likes this.

  26. #56
    xguntherc is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Hollllaaa!

    Just talking with a few friends today and it inspired me to sign back in and come say hello to the forum. Hope a few people see my post and take the plunge to finally quit and move on with life. Another reason I came back today is because while preparing to move I just found about 30mg of suboxone strips. And was sooooo happy to flush them down the toilet. It felt amazing to do so with zero worry!

    April 17th will be my two year mark being completely off of Suboxone.. It's coming up quick, and wanted to stop in and say thanks to this forum, and Roberts help, it was much easier than I ever ever expected. Good stuff here. I just sent an old friend the link to get started himself. Take some vitamins, L-tyrosine, taper off, and that he can do it. And so can everyone else here!

    Anyways. I'm busy moving and have wayyyy too much stuff to throw away. Later guys!
    Last edited by xguntherc; 04-06-2013 at 03:06 PM. Reason: spelling

  27. #57
    iloerose is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,503

    Default

    So thank you for this post!!! Congratulations to you! I hope that people see this and take heart It can be done, Robert's protocol works. So glad you posted to let us know how far you've come. Robert has taken a hiatus, but he has left behind a legacy for those of us to follow and thus pay it forward!!!! Thank you again.

    Peace,

    Iloerose

  28. #58
    talangor is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Xg
    If you have been on Bupe for such long time then don’t jump off .5 mg; taper down slowly all the way to .1 mg; WD from jumping off .5mg will not be easy. The sneezing obviously means lack of enough opium in your body (Opium is diuretic and in its absence body fluids go to over drive).
    You are getting sound advice from Robert. Nothing to add to it except may be the use of Clonidine plus the active ingredient of Nyquil, Doxy Succinate (spelling may be wrong), both are strong antihistamines and non-habit forming but do not use Clonidine too much as it will also lower your blood pressure. They do help to some extent but you will have to accept that you will go through some WD while on the way to zero, you can make it mild and stretched over a long period of time if you taper properly.

  29. #59
    cheeky is offline Diamond Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    en zed
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by talangor View Post
    Xg
    If you have been on Bupe for such long time then don’t jump off .5 mg; taper down slowly all the way to .1 mg; WD from jumping off .5mg will not be easy. The sneezing obviously means lack of enough opium in your body (Opium is diuretic and in its absence body fluids go to over drive).
    You are getting sound advice from Robert. Nothing to add to it except may be the use of Clonidine plus the active ingredient of Nyquil, Doxy Succinate (spelling may be wrong), both are strong antihistamines and non-habit forming but do not use Clonidine too much as it will also lower your blood pressure. They do help to some extent but you will have to accept that you will go through some WD while on the way to zero, you can make it mild and stretched over a long period of time if you taper properly.
    TALANGOR YOU DOUCHE.... have you even read the post from xg, saying its 2 YEARS CLEAN NOW... jeez you amaze me with your total ego raving about how to get clean when if you read the post and DATES you might not seem such an idiot posting utter rubbish... is this giving you an ego boost or what. ???? no really, please tell me.....

    nothing to add. haha, thats coz you have missed the boat by, oh lemme see. about 2 years... jeez are you stoned or something??
    iloerose likes this.

  30. #60
    cheeky is offline Diamond Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    en zed
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Xg, congrats on the 2 years.... Great to see a success story, and good on ya for inspiring others....

    ) )
    iloerose likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22