Switching from Lexapro to Welbutrin XL
    kuplo is offline Junior Member

Default Switching from Lexapro to Welbutrin XL

What if anything will I experience as a side effect of switchign from 20mg of lexapro per day to 300mg of wellbutrin a day?

My doctor tried giving me a shot in the arm a week or so ago to get rid of the sexual libido that lexapro is known for but that didnt work, so today he gave me the wellbutrin and said to hold on to the lexapro, but start taking the wellbutrin tommorrow instead of the lexapro.

Any thing I should be concerned abotu with this?

alan1 is offline Junior Member

well..your doctor can better judge your situation than us present here in the forums. I cannot comment on the effects of switcihing from leaxpro to wellbutrin as I have never tried lexapro myself. However, my experience with wellbutrin was good.

kuplo is offline Junior Member

Thanks, unfortunately my Doc is leaving for 2 weeks with my parents on vacation so If something comes up, I guess I'll just have to switch back to lexapro or go to another doctor for a quick discussion on the subject.

The strange thing to me is putting me on any of these depression drugs at all. I dont think I feel depressed, but I put on about 50 lbs in a very short time so perhaps that is a sign to my doctor of depression, extreme weight gain or loss (wish it had gone the other way and lost 50lbs)

Now Im seeing a dietician who's trying to get me to eat 3 meals a day and now the doc has prescribed something Im to take 1 hour before lunch that will curb my appetite (the pharmacist said he'd never seen it prescribed in such a high dose before), so basically my doc wants me NOT to eat, and my dietician wants me to eat. Talk about a rock and a hard place.

One good thing so far anyway, the xanax has kept me from drinking any alcohol since he first prescribed it, but if I dont take the xanax I still kind of get a craving for a drink to sedate me a bit.