Suboxone is no fun
    rrudd26 is offline New Member

Thumbs down Suboxone is no fun

Well, it's my 4th day without sub. I hate the ********. It doesn't make you feel good when you take it, and it takes forever to leave your system. I don't know if double vision is a side effect, but I have it bad. I'm pretty sure the feeling of bugs all over me is normal and the major shakes. If I would have known it would be this hard to stop, I never would have taken it.

mas215 is offline Junior Member

I don't think it's supposed to be fun. Like methadone, it binds to opiate receptors to relieve withdrawal symptoms from opiates but very effectively. It's not a drug you would take to feel "high" and from what I've heard the binding to those receptors is very strong and takes time before they free up the sites so your natural endorphins take over. Like methadone this can take weeks or months depending on how long and how much you've taken. Check with your doctor, maybe they can prescribe some short-acting opiates to help you get thru the withdrawal. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rrudd26 View Post
    Well, it's my 4th day without sub. I hate the ********. It doesn't make you feel good when you take it, and it takes forever to leave your system. I don't know if double vision is a side effect, but I have it bad. I'm pretty sure the feeling of bugs all over me is normal and the major shakes. If I would have known it would be this hard to stop, I never would have taken it.
    Hi rrudd
    I'm sure you just jumped off at way to high of a dose...If you can get some more sub.I'm sure Robert will help you with a taper off of them, so you wont have to go thru this...
    Let us know...Talk to you later, Melinda

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by rrudd26 View Post

Tell me what dose you stopped at and how long you used it and I can walk you through this painlessly. But you don't stop cold turkey off it, you have to taper properly, then start a day skipping process, you have to do it right. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.