Suboxone / Methadone Question
    christopher54321 is offline New Member

Default Suboxone / Methadone Question

I took an 8mg suboxone tablet approximately 18 hours ago to help with >>>>>> withdrawal. It was the only time I have used the drug. I do not have any more suboxone, but do have some methadone to hold me over until I can get treatment. I was wondering how long I should wait to take the methadone after the suboxone to avoid withdrawals. Thanks in advance for any help?

jmorri2nd is offline New Member

the sub last about 36 hours i would wait as long as you can and then dose with your meth

ttmhiggins is offline New Member

There is NO problem with taking methadone after taking suboxone.The problem is taking suboxone after being on methadone. That will put you into severe immediate withdrawals. I have much experience with this. I saw what happened to my husband after he took suboxone after methadone and it was the WORST thing I have ever seen. There is no explaining what he went through. I really though he was dying.
    I have taken methadone not more than a day after suboxone and was told it is totally fine..and it was no problem, no sickness, nothing. You don't need to wait any time to take the methadone. If it were the other way around I would definetly recommend you waiting at least a few days.
    Good luck!

christopher54321 is offline New Member

thanks... took two 10mg methadone about 23 hours after the suboxone and experienced no problems. it wasn't enough to take away all of my dope withdrawals but it helped. i have 40mg to take for each of the next two days, but then on monday i'm screwed... orientation for the clinic isn't for a week and a half, and wouldn't get my first dose for two weeks... any recommendations on what to do until then, outside of be miserable & withdraw or go back to the >>>>>>? are there doctors who will prescribe for a short period of time just until i can get into the program? i don't have insurance so i'm really limited on what i can do financially