Suboxone long term effects
    staggs61 is offline New Member

Default Suboxone long term effects

I was on Soboxone for 4yrs, i've been off them for 6 months. My question is, are there any long term effects from so many yrs. of use? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks, Cindy

xguntherc is offline Member

I'd like to know the same.. been on sub for over 2 years. 3 months on the film and rest on pill.

Does it affect your teeth, disolving something multiple times in your mouth? Or any other affects.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Staggs and Xguntherc....... Unless you were on massive doses of subs for a very long time you should be fine. I've worked with people who had drs taking them for as much as ten years around the world. They became available in the USA in 2003.

When you finish subs there is usually a little anxiety, sleep issues, you can be a little tired or feel a mild depression. It all gets better in a relatively short period of time though. Take your time and realize that you only have to do this once if you do it properly. ]Really adverse longterm side effects are the rare exception. Stay positive and expect the best. Hope this helps ease your minds. You guys have done great! God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 04-06-2011 at 10:13 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

staggs61 is offline New Member

Thank you for your reply Robert. I was on 16 mgs. of Sub. for most of the 4 yrs, along with Cymbalta and Adderall for 3 1/2 of those years. I detoxed off everything at that same time and still seem to be having some problems with depression , anxiety and overall ?????? feelings. Just wondering if this is normal ? Thanks...cindy

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by staggs61 View Post
    Thank you for your reply Robert. I was on 16 mgs. of Sub. for most of the 4 yrs, along with Cymbalta and Adderall for 3 1/2 of those years. I detoxed off everything at that same time and still seem to be having some problems with depression , anxiety and overall ?????? feelings. Just wondering if this is normal ? Thanks...cindy

Cindy ........ You detoxed off three totally different types of meds at once. Your side effects are totally normal to say the least. That took a lot of guts and determination. Give it a little time but if things persist talk to the dr. I don't know your medical history to know if you should have stopped everything at once. Hope that helps. Good luck and God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

babystimp is offline Junior Member

Cindy, I was wondering the same thing, I have also been on suboxone for 4 yrs. Just stopped almost 2 weeks ago. Still have no energy, and I have alot of pain from back surgeries, i'm hoping the pain gets better over time, and the lack of energy also. I was prescribed cymbalta also, had to get off of that, it made me sick to my stomach. Lets just agree that we will have no long term effects from these meds, and thank God that we are not still on them! Good luck and God Bless.