Soma & Suboxone
    jenidarlin is offline Junior Member

Default Soma & Suboxone

Can someone please explain how soma works? I've been taking it now instead of vicodin for muscle pain and it is really working for me. But I've read that it can have a serious risk of leading to addiction. How does it work? I took it a few times within the last year when my friend would give me a few and I always liked the way it made me feel. Now I'm off of vicodin and taking suboxone. I also had a prescription from another doctor for soma that I started taking every day for this intense muscle pain and spasms that I was taking the vicodin for. Anyway, now I'm taking more of the soma than the suboxone. I started taking 3 to 4 soma a day but now I'm up to 5 or 6 and maybe 1/2 to 1 of the suboxone. Should I just choose from the two and take only one or is it okay to take both together? I still like the way soma makes me feel, it really does help with the muscle pain, and helps me sleep, suboxone doesn't help with anything like that. But I don't want to get back on vicodin. Can someone please help explain how soma works and what I should do? Thanks!
    Last edited by jenidarlin; 10-15-2007 at 04:52 PM. Reason: changed the title

Snakeflake is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jenidarlin View Post
    Can someone please explain how soma works? I've been taking it now instead of vicodin for muscle pain and it is really working for me. But I've read that it can have a serious risk of leading to addiction. How does it work? I took it a few times within the last year when my friend would give me a few and I always liked the way it made me feel. Now I'm off of vicodin and taking suboxone. I also had a prescription from another doctor for soma that I started taking every day for this intense muscle pain and spasms that I was taking the vicodin for. Anyway, now I'm taking more of the soma than the suboxone. I started taking 3 to 4 soma a day but now I'm up to 5 or 6 and maybe 1/2 to 1 of the suboxone. Should I just choose from the two and take only one or is it okay to take both together? I still like the way soma makes me feel, it really does help with the muscle pain, and helps me sleep, suboxone doesn't help with anything like that. But I don't want to get back on vicodin. Can someone please help explain how soma works and what I should do? Thanks!
    I am not a MD so I can't tell you how to take either drug, but, I can tell you that Soma works by depressing your central nervous system not by relaxing muscles. Suboxone is usually given to people tryiing to wean off of stong opiates such as >>>>>> or morphine. Suboxone is very potent.

You did not say what dosage of suboxone you were on, or why your Dr. prescribed it or how much vicodin you were taking. All of these are important to what advise someone might give you. Just from what you have said If it were me I would slowly taper off of the suboxone if you do not need it and then deal with the Soma. If the muscle spasms were manageable with only Soma, i would do that. Again I am not a doctor and I am not telling you what to do, only what I would do with what little information you have given.

Snakeflake
    bestmedicationstation.com

Ranger75th is offline New Member

Like SnakeFlake said it matters if you are taking the suboxone for addiction treatment or pain management. If you have had an addiction problem just keep in mind that soma can be addictive because it will get you high if you take enough. Although it is alot less addictive then narcotic painkillers for example. If you use soma properly though it should be safe and apparently it seems effective for you. Just remember Im not a doctor either so Im just basing what I say on first hand experience and study. Hope this helps you out. Ranger