Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Slang name for what drug?
    WORRIED DAD is offline New Member

Default Slang name for what drug?

Hello,
    I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not, but here we go.
    What is the drug kids are using the nickname or slang term (Roxies)for.
    From what I gather it is in pill form, but the prefered method of use is crushing it up and snorting it.
    Is it a pain pill, muscle relaxer or what?
    I have looked all over the net and can't seem to find it.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
    WD

A WORRIED DAD WHO NEEDS SOME HELP!!!

Apollo is offline New Member

Well I'm not aware of the term 'roxies'. Im in my twenties n kids use all sorts of terms now. I'll ask around for you anyway. but possible they refer to 'roheys' Rohypnol (sleeping, antianxiety medication) not usually snorted.
    I'm only speculating but 'roxies' may also be short for anything made buy roche.
    Good luck WD

Peace, Apollo

I'll do what I can to help u find out what it is.

I'll appreciate any help you can give me. At first I was thinking Oxycontin or Oxycodone because I've heard those refered to as Oxies, so I figured they just put an "R" in front but when I looked for slang terms I didn't find it.

Again thanks for your help!
    WD

Roxies is a slang term for roxicet pills, which are a form of opiate painkiller. You may have heard in the news a few years ago about conservative extremist and radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh having a painkiller addiction? He was addicted to a very similar pill called oxycontin, or as the kids slang termed it, "oxies." So you have the explanation of the question you have asked. I apologize for mwhat I may have said that will upset you, seeing as how I have had much to drink tonight and have been sitting on the the compuer for hours trying to sober up. Much love!

Jesus Christ will help you through. -Betsy

Betsy, I didn't see anything in your reply that would have upset me. The thing is, you gave me the info that I needed. I was able to use that info and get pictures of pills I might have to keep an eye out for, side effects, warning signs ect... It is a little scary to read about the problems that Oxycodone can cause.

Thanks for your help,

WD

Jonesing is offline Member

Worried Dad,

Like Betsy said, the pills are roxicet (oxycodone). They come in 15 & 30 milligram pills. I've heard there is a 20 mil., but i've never seen one. These are the pills that have made my life a living hell. I had a problem when I was taking hydrocodone for pain, but when I moved up to the roxies and oxycontin, things really got out of control. Highly addictive if they are used for recreation, in my opinion.

J.

Cats Meow is offline Banned

Dad, FYI there's two "roxies", roxicet which is oxycodone+acetaminophen, and roxicodone which is just oxycodone. The difference between roxicodone and oxycontin (which is also oxycodone)is roxicodone is considered an Immediate-release pill, whereas oxycontin is controlled release. Roxi is the brand name for Roxane Laboratories.

^..^ ~~ ,
    =´`= ___ )~~

Psychopharm7 is offline New Member

Roxies is almost certainly roxicodone or instant release oxycodone although roxane does have a generic Percocet w/ it's own nma roxicet it is highly doubtful these are the culprits. Likely small green15mg and blue 30mg pure oxycodone tablets one of the most potent pure opiate chemicals available legally in the states.

Chuck U. Farleigh
    mardigras man 420 likes this.

Jonesing is offline Member

Those little green Devils (15's) and blue bastids (30's) have cost me more money and trouble than you would believe ! Stole about 2 1/2 / 3 years of a normal life from me. I'm not blaming the pill, just the pillhead (me) that took so many thousands of 'em. Wish I had never seen one.

J.

Well it looks like everyone gave you the total right answers.Roxies are most definitly Roxicet or Roxicodone.Dangerous stuff.As Dave(Jonesin)says it stole my life.Oxycontin to be exact but everything has a begining!Good Luck Dad as a parent myself I would and did freak when I found my child abusing drugs.Hard to jugde since he stole them from me, Miss Addict!

ENDOrphine is offline Junior Member

Where I'm from Roxis is a term used to refer to instant release oxycodone tablets that come in 5, 15, and 30mg forms, not Roxicets. Both brand name Roxicodone, and ones made by Xanodyne, Ethex, Elan, Amide, Roxane, and Mallinckrodt Laboratories are referred to as Roxis. As far as slang terms go, the only thing that differentiates a Roxi from an Oxy is that Roxis are instant release and come in 5, 15, and 30mg forms. This doesn’t refer to brand name Oxy-IR or any generic versions of.

solypaz99 is offline New Member

Dear Worried Dad,
    In my experience oxy users hang out with a pretty rough crowd. I was also very surprised to find this drug so popular among highschool students; I would dare to say it is one of the most popular drugs of this new generation.
    FYI: street use of this drug is very expensive. Does your child have access to a significant amount of money? If not, it is doubtful they are involved with oxies. For example, some pills cost as much as $50.00 individually.
    Also, if I am not mistaken, oxies can be crushed-up and melted down with meth (I am not positive this is accurate, I've only pieced this together with bits and pieces of info I've heard) the liquid combination is then is then interveniously injected- called a 'speedball'.
    I believe that Oxies are thought of as almost identical to herion...
    Has your child significantly lost weight? Maintain very irregular hours (up allnight, basically every night)? Gotten kind of a bloated potbelly? Do you notice black finger prints around your house (walls, doors, light switches)?

JLW
    JLW is offline New Member

Well what these pill are are call roxicodone and they come in three strengths 5mg 15mg and 30 mg they are blue or green. You were thinking that they were oxycontin they are in the same gruop but these are fast acting pills they work quicker than oxycontin oxycontin has a coating over them which if taken properly slows down the way your system would digest them. but the
    drug in them is oxycodone which is like percoset but stronger the reason they snot these is they work faster.. I hope this helps explain it a little better

Quote Originally Posted by WORRIED DAD View Post
    Hello,
    I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not, but here we go.
    What is the drug kids are using the nickname or slang term (Roxies)for.
    From what I gather it is in pill form, but the prefered method of use is crushing it up and snorting it.
    Is it a pain pill, muscle relaxer or what?
    I have looked all over the net and can't seem to find it.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
    WD

Hey worried dad...

the term "roxies" is slang for a strong pain killer called roxicodone. It is most commonly used in 15mg (small green circle pill) and 30mg (small circle blue pill) and is also called "30's" in slang. It is very addictive. they are very commonly used by high school students. ( i would know i just graduated in May)
    Look for signs like change in sleeping patterns, weight-loss (I lost close to 20 pounds in just 3-4 months) nodding out, being more talkative than usual, change in behavior, and ask about other differences you notice.
    Where is your child getting the money for these? It is a very expensive habit (15mg go for $7.50 a pill and the 30mg $15 a pill) I know a lot about these so feel free to ask what you need to know.

Here are some sites with more information..

http://www.drugs.com/mtm/roxicodone.html
    http://www.drugs.com/cdi/roxicodone.html

Good Luck worried dad. Hope this helps.

arkvicelord187 is offline New Member

Default WD roxies is a type of manufactured type of >>>>>>.

i take them. people say it is a type of date rape. and people say it is a type of >>>>>>.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by arkvicelord187 View Post
    i take them. people say it is a type of date rape. and people say it is a type of >>>>>>.

Roxicodone is not >>>>>> in any way whatsoever. I guess anything could be used as a date rape drug if a person passes out after taking it. But roxies are not commonly referred to as a date rape drug to my knowledge. I think you are probably talking about rohypnol. Authorities even made the manufacturer add a substance to the rohypnol that would make a drink change color as it was often dropped into drinks in clubs ... hence the term date rape drug.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 11-03-2008 at 05:17 PM.

scombs0035 is offline New Member

roxies are roxicets which are closely related to percocet which is a opiate (pain pill)... yes in pill form people snort them, take them and some shoot them. i would talk to your child soon b/c thats how i startd on a downward spiral in 10th grade if not intervend on you could be facing a whole lot worse in a few years.... good luck!!

cherry14 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by arkvicelord187 View Post
    Neither of the above are correct, just for the record.

"Roxies" are most likely Roxicodone. The drug in them is oxycodone, you can google that and get a lot of info. There is also such a thing as Roxicet, which is oxycodone with acetaminophen (another brand of that med is Percocet). It is an opiate/narcotic.

I am not sure why I see so much mention of "OxyContin" in this thread, that is going to be confusing. OxyContin is just a brand name of controlled-release oxycodone. Same med, just meant to last longer, so the pills come in higher milligram amounts.

I cannot speak to the street value of it, as I have no clue. I take immediate release oxycodone for pain management, which is why I know what I do.

I wish you luck, WD.

inlovewithanaddict is offline Junior Member

Ok worried Dad, and you have every reason to be worried. I'm hoping you didn't find the Roxy's in or around your kids. But you're correct, users crush them up and snort them to get high quickly. Roxy's are another form of Oxycodone/Oxycotin. If you enter in to google, you can get all information. They are VERY addictive. Once on them the user faces not only physicial addiction but mental as well. My boyfriend has just had this third relapse from Oxy's and I pray that your family does not have to endure what my family and his have been through the past two years.

You can actually get all the info on oxycodone you want whether it's with the name brand of roxicodone, oxycontin, percocet or whatever brand right on this site. Hence the name "drugs.com". Just enter the drug name into the search box at the top of this page, click on drug search and you will get all the information you will likely need. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Cookie1456 is offline New Member

Any oxycodone preparation is generally extremely addictive and a very expensive habit to maintain. While I never bought pills or even pursued finding them I did once get my hands on by chance an unused bottle of the stuff and even just a month's supply of the stuff used recreationally caused severe withdrawal and craving. I would be concerned for the kids but don't approach hysterically, just talk to them calmly and honestly.

puppypal is offline Junior Member

batss is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by solypaz99 View Post
    Dear Worried Dad,
    In my experience oxy users hang out with a pretty rough crowd. I was also very surprised to find this drug so popular among highschool students; I would dare to say it is one of the most popular drugs of this new generation.
    FYI: street use of this drug is very expensive. Does your child have access to a significant amount of money? If not, it is doubtful they are involved with oxies. For example, some pills cost as much as $50.00 individually.
    Also, if I am not mistaken, oxies can be crushed-up and melted down with meth (I am not positive this is accurate, I've only pieced this together with bits and pieces of info I've heard) the liquid combination is then is then interveniously injected- called a 'speedball'.
    I believe that Oxies are thought of as almost identical to herion...
    Has your child significantly lost weight? Maintain very irregular hours (up allnight, basically every night)? Gotten kind of a bloated potbelly? Do you notice black finger prints around your house (walls, doors, light switches)?
    Speedballs are >>>>>> and Coke mixed. Not Oxies with meth. Shooting up Meth with opiates gives a roolercoaster feeling that not many people like.
    So it's not very popular.
    Another thing, BEING a "speedball" addict, a >>>>>> addict, I can tell you >>>>>> is A HELL OF A LOT stronger than Oxies. They're related,yes. But no where near identical. Opiates also are a depressant. You're not likely to find someone on oxies, >>>>>>, morphine, or any opioid are going to be up all night. They're going to be sleeping early and rising early for their next fix.
    The black fingerprints could be from weed, or some kind of pipe, but not dope or oxies. I don't really understand that.
    Last edited by batss; 02-08-2009 at 02:31 AM.

paprbkrtr is offline New Member

Cool

This is my first post in this forum, and I'm sure I'm posting in the wrong thread, but I have a question and hope to get input from other users.

For about a month, whenever I take a few hits off the pipe, I get these real severe stomach/abdominal cramps. They last several minutes and are extremely uncomfortable.

Anybody else ever experience this when partaking of the weed?

Thanks.
    Last edited by paprbkrtr; 02-09-2009 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Because I kept flucking up.

genxrep is offline New Member

Thumbs down

coming from personal experience with a former close friend of mine, what ive heard referred to as roxies is a serious type of opiate pill. Ive been around it frequently, but never having taken it myself im not sure of the exact effects. some of my friends have taken them and then rejected them back out, but other have said it produces some serious euphoria with increased sensitivity to light, mild hallucinations, confusion, etc. All that aside, many of them have said that they felt even after taking them once that they had a funny urge to take them again. Only one of my friends has actually followed that urge and since then hes become socially awkward, distant, irrationally and unreasonably impulsive, and just down right creepy. And he doesnt even snort them.

If your kid is on roxies you might have no idea, im sure the psychological effects are different amongst individuals. Just watch how much money your kids spending, hes likely to be dropping 100$ a week on this stuff if its become serious enough. If hes taken it once at a party, odds are he didnt even like it. But if it sounds like hes doing them frequently you might want to intervene.

coming from some one who has seen it, this stuff is scary, however i would only call it popular amongst the lower life forms of society.

Probably half the people here used Roxies. I strongly resent you referring to me as one of the lower life forms of society. Who the hell are you?
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Anonymous Guest

Wink Roxxie's

Roxxie's is a nickname for Roxicet, a generic form of Percocet. The active ingredient is OXYCODONE, a Narcotic painkiller.

These can only (legally) be obtained by a Dr prescription. It is a Class 2 Scheduled Drug, with abuse potential.

You CAN get them (illegally) by buying them off the street, stealing from medicine cabinets, etc.

The effect causes a "high". You feel euphoric, comfortable, relaxed, (obviously pain free if taken for pain), feels like floating in/on a warm fluffy cloud. Many people like this feeling so they are an abused/recreational drug also.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-13-2009 at 10:36 AM.

Roxies are not roxicets. Roxicets are a combination including acetaminphen. Roxies is slang term used for the brand name roxicodone which is just pure oxycodone. They come in 15mg and 30mg doses. No acetaminophen in them, just oxycodone. They are very addictive and normally used only for very severe pain except when being bought on the street. Roxicodone is just a brand name for oxycodone. Here is the drugs.com link for roxicodone. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/cdi/roxicodone.html

rdneckgal is offline New Member

Default Dear Worried Dad

If youve heard the term roxies then you have good reason to be worried!!!! they are highly addictive and can ruin a life as quickly as crack can!!! Watch for hyperactivity, extra talkative or friendly behavior, late night cleaning sprees, in the beginning. Once they take hold, you ll notice slurring words, nodding out, irritability, loss of interest in things and people he once loved. Keep an eye on your money, a 30 can go for $10 to $18 a pill!!! If you suspect your child even trying them get him/her help now!!!!! I take them legitamatly and i hate the little bastards!!!! In my opinion the only thing more dangerous are 4 wheelers and the no helmet law!! One begets the other!!!

mottam is offline Advanced Member

Robert:
    I just read this thread.
    While I feel very worried for the dad, I, like you, am offended by "genxrep".
    I hold 2 Masters, have a highly successful career, beautiful family and home, but got addicted to roxies (30 mgs.).
    Who judges like that?
    No one "chooses" to become an addict, and no one, not least of all this arrogant asshole, should judge.

Worried Dad:
    I wish you the best with your son.
    What people have told you is true. I was addicted to the 30 mg. roxies (blue, one side "M" the other side "30"). They were prescribed by a dr. for pain. They are HIGHLY addictive and hard to get off of.

I cannot offer you much advice in terms of intervention. My children are very young.

I will pray for you and your son.

Kindest Regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast