Problem with Suboxone tablet dissolving correctly
    evolutionofthemind is offline New Member

Unhappy Problem with Suboxone tablet dissolving correctly

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a Suboxone question that I can't find any answers for. I can't get the tablet to dissolve correctly underneath my tongue.. the best it breaks down is into a pool of yellow paste, and no matter how long I let the "dissolved" paste sit under my tongue, it doesn't go anywhere. I've been just swallowing it after 20 mins or so cause I don't know what else to do, but I think I'm getting the naloxone with any buprenorphine and is canceling out the opiate. I've been at this madness for two weeks now and don't know what to do! I even took the pills back to the pharmacy and they replaced them; when I got the new ones I had the same problem as before. I've followed the directions perfectly. I even take a drink of water, swish it around in my mouth and spit it out before placing the tablet carefully under my tongue. I've tried breaking the tablets in half, and even in quarters and nothing works. Someone please help! Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated... either on here or by email:

evolutionofthemind@msn.com

Thanks.

Evan
    Last edited by evolutionofthemind; 11-29-2008 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Add contact info

anyone...?

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionofthemind View Post
    anyone...?
    I answered this on the other thread but here it goes....Drinking alot of water before will help but try this also.After breaking the pill in quarters place a very small ice chip under your tongue at the same time as the quarters..You can also try a very :and I mean very small ice chip on top of your tongue while the sub is under your tongue.As the ice chip melts it will help dissolve the pill.Good luck

clinilab is offline Junior Member

If you swallow it the nalexone will not effect you--it's not absorbed in the gut or sublingually. I would find a way to increase the saliva in your mouth

sisterwin2 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by clinilab View Post
    If you swallow it the nalexone will not effect you--it's not absorbed in the gut or sublingually. I would find a way to increase the saliva in your mouth

I began to spit after 10 mins under my tongue.... this did two things for me. One, cut out the headache, two, cut out the nausea.

What you need you will get by keeping it under you tongue for 10 mins. It is absorbed by the blood stream and easily thru the veins in your tongue. The Nal is really only to keep IV users from shooting it. As far as what it does by mouth, its useless.

Sister

Quote Originally Posted by musicman48 View Post
    I answered this on the other thread but here it goes....Drinking alot of water before will help but try this also.After breaking the pill in quarters place a very small ice chip under your tongue at the same time as the quarters..You can also try a very :and I mean very small ice chip on top of your tongue while the sub is under your tongue.As the ice chip melts it will help dissolve the pill.Good luck
    What does the ice chip do? I want it to do more than just produce excess saliva.. that's part of the problem - I get too much saliva in there, and even though the pill eventually breaks down IN THE SALIVA, it doesn't go anywhere from there and there's just a suboxone juice floating around under my tongue... I've tried spitting it out after 10-15 mins but got nothing off the pill. I even tried it 4 more times, spitting the juice out at the end - no luck. So then I tried swallowing it...same scenario.

I think I'll go back to raping and pillaging to get >>>>>>, it was less of a headache...

What does the ice chip do? I want it to do more than just produce excess saliva.. that's part of the problem - I get too much saliva in there, and even though the pill eventually breaks down IN THE SALIVA, it doesn't go anywhere from there and there's just a suboxone juice floating around under my tongue... I've tried spitting it out after 10-15 mins but got nothing off the pill. I even tried it 4 more times, spitting the juice out at the end - no luck. So then I tried swallowing it...same scenario.

I think I'll go back to raping and pillaging to get >>>>>>, it was less of a headache...
    You did all of this to give up now. did you show your dr the paste you describe? are you feeling w/d because you DONT feel high on sub. just no w/d. you said that it was working ok in the begining. Find the answer dont give up unless you really dont want to be clean than nothing anyone says will get through. best of luck to you. I hope you stick it out longer give youself a chance to prove this is possible.

I misunderstood your problem. We are trying to help you , I am not judging you but but c'mon,did you really mean what you just said? If you need for your mouth to be drier we can make suggestions.No disrespect meant here.You can take smaller pieces instead of all at once for example... Eat a cracker AND a piece of bread before you take the sub to make your mouth drier beforehand.Trust me friend,getting clean is going to test your patience.You have to be strong.Again I am not judging you.Swallowing the saliva is what worked for me.

I was reading on anther recovery site that there are >>>> suboxone popping up..... you may have got your hands on some. It does sound like at the least they have been over-exposed to moisture or heat, thus changing the chemistry to possibly making them useless. There are a few sub level doctors involved in this also.....

I would take them back to where you got them.... if a pharmacy then they should replace them. I also suggest you look at a pic from this site and be sure they are the same color etc. I was a h user and Meth..... after my quack put me thru precip. wd the sub surely took care of the wd symptoms. I think you've be duped or just by chance got a bad batch.... I have been hearing this too often lately to not believe what your experiencing. I would hate to see you began chasing your ass again just to stay out of wd.... your choice but after this time has passed since your last H use.... would the wd be worth possibly getting clean and living life again?

Sister

Quote Originally Posted by sisterwin2 View Post
    I was reading on anther recovery site that there are >>>> suboxone popping up..... you may have got your hands on some. It does sound like at the least they have been over-exposed to moisture or heat, thus changing the chemistry to possibly making them useless. There are a few sub level doctors involved in this also.....

I would take them back to where you got them.... if a pharmacy then they should replace them. I also suggest you look at a pic from this site and be sure they are the same color etc. I was a h user and Meth..... after my quack put me thru precip. wd the sub surely took care of the wd symptoms. I think you've be duped or just by chance got a bad batch.... I have been hearing this too often lately to not believe what your experiencing. I would hate to see you began chasing your ass again just to stay out of wd.... your choice but after this time has passed since your last H use.... would the wd be worth possibly getting clean and living life again?

Sister
    I totally agree Sister ! That is a good idea.I hope you are doing better.You have been thru hell.I always look forward to your posts to see how you are doing.take care.

Hi Musicman....

Good to see your doing well. I am day 32 post sub and doing a lot better. I am still waiting for my vision to return to baseline and prob. need a few more weeks for this. I am doing well with excerise now and daily I see my strenght coming back...

I can say that the Step work is hard. I am sure nessasary but still hard. My 4th step is an eye opener for sure.

I have picked up the guitar again and enjoying it much..... hey, for Christmas I am asking from my family a electronic drum set I saw at Sam's club... Every time I go in there I sit and play with it for as long as the kids will allow me before they whisper "wish that lady would get up". Have you seen it?. if so , what do you think about it?

Enjoy recovery,
    SIster

Unhappy

I misunderstood your problem. We are trying to help you , I am not judging you but but c'mon,did you really mean what you just said? If you need for your mouth to be drier we can make suggestions.No disrespect meant here.You can take smaller pieces instead of all at once for example... Eat a cracker AND a piece of bread before you take the sub to make your mouth drier beforehand.Trust me friend,getting clean is going to test your patience.You have to be strong.Again I am not judging you.Swallowing the saliva is what worked for me.
    lol thank you. and I don't want my mouth to be drier.. I just want what DOES dissolve to dissolve into my blood stream and not open its own swimming pool for itself under my tongue and NEVER get absorbed! could it be that the bup IS getting absorbed and the yellow saliva paste stuff is just filler and/or naloxone? I've heard naloxone doesn't get absorbed very well sublingually...

The Nal is basically to keep junkies from banging the sub.... it does little otherwise.

What is your dose if you don't mind me asking. When I was on extremely high doses I had problems by the third pill.... I just hated how I would produce so much saliva like Pablo's dog when the bell rang. Once I got down to lower doses it improved drasticly.

Once you put it under your tongue time yourself.... after ten mins spit it out. Its not the best tasting ******************** but surely tolerable. Also I was wondering how long you have been on the sub?

Did you get it from a Pharmacy or getting it off the street?

Hi Musicman....

Good to see your doing well. I am day 32 post sub and doing a lot better. I am still waiting for my vision to return to baseline and prob. need a few more weeks for this. I am doing well with excerise now and daily I see my strenght coming back...

I can say that the Step work is hard. I am sure nessasary but still hard. My 4th step is an eye opener for sure.

I have picked up the guitar again and enjoying it much..... hey, for Christmas I am asking from my family a electronic drum set I saw at Sam's club... Every time I go in there I sit and play with it for as long as the kids will allow me before they whisper "wish that lady would get up". Have you seen it?. if so , what do you think about it?

Enjoy recovery,
    SIster
    I have not been to Sam's Club in a while.Glad to see you doing better.I saw 3 different kits on sam's website.Make sure that the sound module provides different sounds for each drum.Glad to see you "picking" up the guitar.Step 4 was an issue for me too but looking back I am pretty messed up .lol...A lot of things to let go to make it as a sober person..Mentally clean house..lol...You know what I am talking about I am sure....I look back at my posts and I think that things are not as rosy as they appear in my post..Staying clean is still a daily issue for me right now...I am strongly motivated to stay clean but this is not easy for me yet...I have remained clean though, so far.No relapse's yet.I am winning the fight.I just hate that it is still a fight after this much clean time.Musicians friend dot com is a cool website to but gear from.They may have some elec drums to compare..Really glad to see that you are getting better.

Anonymous Guest

I have not been to Sam's Club in a while.Glad to see you doing better.I saw 3 different kits on sam's website.Make sure that the sound module provides different sounds for each drum.Glad to see you "picking" up the guitar.Step 4 was an issue for me too but looking back I am pretty messed up .lol...A lot of things to let go to make it as a sober person..Mentally clean house..lol...You know what I am talking about I am sure....I look back at my posts and I think that things are not as rosy as they appear in my post..Staying clean is still a daily issue for me right now...I am strongly motivated to stay clean but this is not easy for me yet...I have remained clean though, so far.No relapse's yet.I am winning the fight.I just hate that it is still a fight after this much clean time.Musicians friend dot com is a cool website to but gear from.They may have some elec drums to compare..Really glad to see that you are getting better.
    Hi guys,,,seen you talking about Musiciansfriend.com...
    That is where my daughter got her bc rich warlock...It is bad as*
    just had to chime in...Melinda

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    Hi guys,,,seen you talking about Musiciansfriend.com...
    That is where my daughter got her bc rich warlock...It is bad as*
    just had to chime in...Melinda
    Alright Melinda ! No spamming/advertising allowed here !....lol

Hi Musicman....

Enjoy recovery,
    SIster
    BTW I am aware I have been on drugs/alcohol every day for over 30 years and clean for only a few months and should not complain...It is still hard.I can not afford boredom ...I have to be occupied all the time ..I have more road trips/Holidays stress issues etc coming and I am completely focusing on being clean tomorrow.. The 12 step program is great,the support from na/aa is great...It will all come down to you though.Born alone ,die alone..you and your soul are the real things in control..I had to surrender to the 12 step program and face the existence of God.My sponsor is a Viet Nam war vet with 22 years of clean time and he is still facing demons every day.I got lucky with him.I apologized to him for calling him so much.His response was to start calling me at the same times of day I would call him. He has sponsored 21 people and is one of the most perceptive people I have met...." Hey Mikey if you are out there brother ...." I have told him about all of you wonderful people.Esp Robert //.I have made real friends at na....The kind of friends that don't want anything from you.They just want to be there for you...I guess the bottom line is even if you are motivated ..GET HELP ..Robert and everyone is right.Getting clean can be easy..I am finding out that staying clean is harder.than getting clean...Apologies for the venting. .It helps me in some weird way...lol...

imsoeffinhxc1 is offline New Member

I find that in the morning I have a similar problem. Because chewing gum stimulates your salivary glands, it can help tremendously. Basically, you just need to drink a little more water, and perhaps chew gum. I hold the Suboxone in my mouth for 20-30 minutes to ensure it is all dissolved (due to the same problem). I hope this helps.

UNEEK1 is offline Member

I find that if I take my tongue and move that paste like stuff around that it will start to dissolve a bit quicker.
    "Do one thing everyday that makes you happy!"

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by UNEEK1 View Post
    I find that if I take my tongue and move that paste like stuff around that it will start to dissolve a bit quicker.

That seemed to work for me too. I just never had a huge problem with it dissolving. Guess it affects us all a little. But it never got to a point where I had to spit anything out. I sure didn't want to spit out my medication ... would rather swallow it and maybe get something from it. I think spitting is a mistake regardless of what we have to do to make it dissolve. Hope things are going well for you UNEEK. Let us know how you are doing. Think about you every once in a while. How's it going? God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

UNEEK1 is offline Member

Wink Hi Robert

I am on here all of the time, just not posting. I like to read what everyone is up to. I tried weaning myself down, but I guess I have been on the subs too long because I got very depressed while trying to wean. The Dr. thinks it is due to the subs. He has another patient that slipped into a depression while she tried to wean off the subs also. So, if necessary, remind everyone that this could happen to them also if they stay on the subs to long. As a matter of fact, I am seeing a Psychiatrist this afternoon. I hope everyone has a great holiday.
    "Do one thing everyday that makes you happy!"

Quote Originally Posted by UNEEK1 View Post
    I am on here all of the time, just not posting. I like to read what everyone is up to. I tried weaning myself down, but I guess I have been on the subs too long because I got very depressed while trying to wean. The Dr. thinks it is due to the subs. He has another patient that slipped into a depression while she tried to wean off the subs also. So, if necessary, remind everyone that this could happen to them also if they stay on the subs to long. As a matter of fact, I am seeing a Psychiatrist this afternoon. I hope everyone has a great holiday.

You are correct about the depression happening sometimes. It's actually just as common while using it as weaning off. Some people react to the naloxone in the suboxone with depression.

I have found that sometimes if a patient will switch from suboxone over to subutex the depression improves. Subutex has no naloxone, it's just buprenorphine alone with no naloxone. Some people just react adversely to the naloxone. So it's hard to say for sure what the cause is for the depression we see at times. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

buddycairo is offline New Member

Suboxone shouldn't get you high. If it does then you don't have an opiate addiction and shouldn't be taking them. A person with an addiction should get at the most a little "buzz". If you used to get high off of Suboxone and now you don't then you weren't addicted when you started taking them and now you are. Suboxone also has a cieling effect which means it works to a point and taking more will not increase the effect. From my personal experience i've found that decreasing your dose helps to lower your tolerance and actually has more of effect when you take it. If taking more doesn't do anything than the only way to increase the effect is to take less to lower your tolerance. Strange, I know, but it works for me and I'm sure it will work for others. Give it a try, you have nothing to loose. (If anyone was wondering I started off with 3 - 8mg pills '32mg' a day and now take 4 to 6mg a day '2 to 3 quarters') Stay with the Suboxone or get clean all together. Life as a junkie is NO FUN. Good luck people!

Buddy ...... the question here was about the subs dissolving completely and it's a very old post. You just drink some water before placing it under your tongue.

You said that you were on three 8mg pills a day? I believe that is 24mg not 32mg. Either way it's way too high. I inducted a guy recently from France on 1.2mg and he's clean today after using opiates heavily for many years. If you want to taper off I can help you. Hardly ANYONE needs suboxone longterm. God bless.

Anonymous Guest

just noticed that the guy said he STARTED at 3 x 8mg pills.,

he is now on 4 - 6mg a day. big difference.

thank goodness. good one buddy, keep droppin slowly, you will get there.