Hi everyone-
I was on phentermine 37.5 for six months for the first 3 months I did the HCG diet and lost 35lbs (from 192-157). For the last three months I took another 1/2 phentermine pill after lunch (tsk tsk - I know). I also took caffeine supplements (2 Excedrin for Migraine pills = 130mg caffeine) morning and afternoon throughout this 6 months. (I don't like coffee or soda). I felt like I needed to do this to further the appetite suppressant effects. I didn't lose more weight. I was trying to maintain before doing another HCG cycle to lose the last 20lbs.
You won't be surprised to hear that phentermine has lost its effect for me and I stopped taking it a few days ago. I still take about 130mg of caffeine morning and afternoon to help with fatigue, but I am ravenous and have gained about 10lbs back in the last month. I have drastically improved my eating and exercise habits but would really like to have the benefit of a consistent appetite suppressant (is that everyone's Holy Grail?!).
As such, I have 3 questions:

1. How long should I stay off of phentermine before beginning another cycle?

2. Will subsequent cycles be as effective as the first one, i.e. it will take 3-6 months before developing a tolerance? Or is it less effective and/or you get used to it faster with each cycle?

3. What can I take in between cycles to continue to suppress my appetite?
I appreciate any insights anyone has and the time it takes to share them.

-KS