Percocet
    morticia is offline Member

Default Percocet

hi im on 7.5/500 of percs and i took 2 of them an hour apart i was in servere pain i was wondering if i OD or something if anyone has any advice if i did please let me know how does one know if they od or not i dont have any symtoms my pain is gone and i do feel a bit "high" but worried at the same time any replies would help

thank you very much

morticia

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Your fine,let the drug do it's job.Taking 2 percocets is nothing believe me.Sit back and enjoy the afternoon........Dave

Jessika is offline Member

yeah i agree with dave.. You are Fine. I have taken taken more than that at on time befor when i had my last operation.

Jessika

moonbaby is offline New Member

when I had surgery, I could take 2 percocet 10s at a time when the pain was extreme. I had to take phenegern because they upset my stomach, but I was fine.

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

The other posters are correct, that is still not high enough of a dose to OD on. You are still well below the dangerous levels of Oxycodone and Acetaminophen, you could take 3 or 4 of these, and might feel awful for awhile, but not OD.

As long as your Acetaminophen in a day stays below 4,000mgs and your Oxy less than 360mgs, you are fine. Many people, including me, take way more than that in a day just for pain management.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

Thank you all for great advice i really apprecate all of your replies.

Im a worry wart .Ill be having surgery tomorow so i will probably get some pain meds.

Im also glad to hear that i can take up to 4000 mgs and 360 mrgs of oxy. not that i will but its good to know/

thanks again everyone!

Morticia

deerfly is offline New Member

You should try to take Vicodin for your postop pain. Percocets are much more addictive and causes euphoria. Back in the late seventies, I had bad migraines and a doctor put me on Percodan. I got hooked big time. Would have rebound headaches when I tried to stop. Finally entered a 30 day rehab hospital, because I got pneumonia and my hemoglobin was down to 8. So try to stay away from anything with oxycodone in it. Very very addictive.

I take Vicodin for my back pain and do very well with it. Does not cause any "high", just gets rid of the pain.

Hydrocodone (vicodin) and Oxycodone (percocet) are both opiates and both are highly addictive.Percocet does seem to mimmick a >>>>>> high more so then hydrocodone.All opiates are addictive and should be used as prescribed.....Dave

Right now I am up to a thirty-milligram percocet tolerance level. It takes twenty-five milligrams in one dose for it to even make a dent in my back pain, and far more than thirty milligrams to achieve that euphoric "high" feeling which I admittedly do aim for sometimes. I also have horrible constipation which usually accompanies opiate use, so I recommend an over-the-counter stool softener, not a laxative, to take with every dose of painkillers if you are taking more than 7.5 mgs each dose multiple times a day.

I read on an addicts' site that the most common way >>>>>> or opiate addicts die is when they have a very high tolerance, then stop use for a very long time and think they need as much as they did before they stopped, since their tolerance went down considerably. They OD without thinking. Scary!

Jesus Christ will help you through. -Betsy

Skinsfan1229 is offline New Member

You are def fine. lol. No need to worry at all. I used to go through 120 in like 20 days....that when I was stretching them out.

thank you for all who replied i got a script for 20 10/650 and i took 2 about an hour apart thats after haveing dialudid 2 mgs at the ER about 4 hours ago, and i cant OD?

Skinsfan how much perks would you take in a day? or at one time? I.m just curiuos.

luv n hugs,
    Morticia[:I]

You can do 2 percocets every 3 hours for a short time,say a couple weeks.Percocets,vicodins,hydro's are all ok for short term minor to moderate pain.After a couple weeks of daily use then you have to start worrying about all the tylenol.Also they don't work very well after a few weeks of bad pain.That's why most doctors put patients on a sustained release pill.It doesn't have the tylenol and it takes away the quick buzz that some people get and abuse.....Dave

ConstantPain is offline Junior Member

quote:Originally posted by mpvt

You can do 2 percocets every 3 hours for a short time,say a couple weeks.Percocets,vicodins,hydro's are all ok for short term minor to moderate pain.After a couple weeks of daily use then you have to start worrying about all the tylenol.Also they don't work very well after a few weeks of bad pain.That's why most doctors put patients on a sustained release pill.It doesn't have the tylenol and it takes away the quick buzz that some people get and abuse.....Dave
    i am assuming we're talking about oxycontin. aren't they the most frowned upon?? are there any other time-released oxycodone medicines?

thanks!

Doctors are turning away from oxycontin and using ms contin(sustained release morphine) as it's much safer in the long run....Dave