Penicillin V potassium - found in boyfriend's nightstand HELP!!!
    bcmcd is offline New Member

Exclamation Penicillin V potassium - found in boyfriend's nightstand HELP!!!

Hello,
    I was looking for my digital camera, which my boyfriend had used recently, so I looked in his nightstand drawer. (He is out of town for the weekend.) I found A LOT of white, oblong shaped pills I identified as "Penicillin V potassium". I am VERY concerned as to why he may be taking Penicillin V potassium, especially because he's never mentioned to me he was taking it, and he normally tells me EVERYTHING. Is this drug used to treat an STD? It would explain why he never mentioned it to me. I NEED TO KNOW as I have a chronic and incurable illness, and if I have been exposed to some form of STD I need to address this issue immediately. (I could go into kidney failure, for instance, among other possible things.) My pharmacist couldn't help me much. Can someone please give me some help??? IT'S VERY VERY IMPORTANT.
    Thanks much.

Anonymous Guest

hi bc
    I would call him and ask him, but I think they would use a stronger antibiotic for other things

this is what I came up with when I looked it up

Penicillin V potassium is an antibiotic used to treat certain infections caused by bacteria such as pneumonia, scarlet fever, and ear, skin, and throat infections. It also is used to prevent recurrent rheumatic fever and chorea. Antibiotics will not work for colds, flu, or other viral infections.
    good luck and let us know what you find out..
    Melinda