Oxycodone
    Webmistress is offline New Member

Default Oxycodone

Does anyone know if they will taking this medication off the market?
    Oxycodone? Oxycontin, Percocet, endocet...
    It has few names...
    The real medication is Oxycodone.

Duchess044 is offline New Member

I didn't know that Percocet/Endocet and Oxycontin were the same drug...I /m on percocet 7.5/325's. I was always under the impression that they are not the same drug as oxy. From what I have heard, the difference is that perc's have acetometophine(sp) in them and oxy's do not.

kevin9494 is offline Member

Default Oxycodone answers

Hi guys,

Endocet is just the generic version of Percocet. As far as Oxycodone goes they are all Oxycodone it's just that Percocet (I will use Perc 10's as an example) they only have 10mgs of Oxycodone while a 40 or 80mg Oxycontin
    have 40mgs and 80 mgs of Oxycodone that is time released unless chewed or crushed then the time release is broken and you are getting 40 or 80mgs of oxycodone all at once. It can be fatal. I wouldn't advise anyone to get on Oxycontin. They ruined my life for about 5 years. Finally I got on Suboxone which SAVED my life. I now live happy and don't have to worry where my next pill is coming from. Good Luck to both of you. If you are interested check out www.suboxone.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Duchess044 View Post
    I didn't know that Percocet/Endocet and Oxycontin were the same drug...I /m on percocet 7.5/325's. I was always under the impression that they are not the same drug as oxy. From what I have heard, the difference is that perc's have acetometophine(sp) in them and oxy's do not.

Deede4525 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Webmistress View Post
    Does anyone know if they will taking this medication off the market?
    Oxycodone? Oxycontin, Percocet, endocet...
    It has few names...
    The real medication is Oxycodone.
    I take Oxycodone for psoriatic arthritist pain. They do not have any plans to take it off the market. They just make sure that the doctor's use the 3-part prescription pad instead of calling the meds into the pharmacy. This way they keep up with the use better, and it is harder for people to steal them.

Oxycodone and Oxycontin are the same meds.....according to my pharmacist.

ellee is offline New Member

my dr. said that Watson (purdue) is going to stop making generic oxycodone. So they will only have Oxycontin (name brand). They won't be doing anything w/ Percs as far as I know.

If anyone else has further info on this..please share!

kazzpar is offline New Member

Thumbs down oxycontin generics

I've been buzzing the net.

Watson (ABG) quit making them as of march 1st. no reseason given

DAVA (impax division) red "g" imprint 80's... june 14th reason: settlement

Teva (ovals) are going to be the only generic in production. They stop at the end of 2007. reason:settlement

Ethex.. (the makers of "oxyfast" 5mg capsules and 30mg oxycodone tablets) recently submitted a ANDA with the FDA.Basically red tape to get approval on manufacturing generic 20/40/80 oxycotins. In my opinion they will be the only makers of a generic oxycontin in 2008 if approved by then.

If you can still get your hands on any of the above named generics for 20/40/80 doseages (other than teva's), consider yourself lucky!! Supplies are limited. then no more.

also if it get to the point where generics aren't available Purdue has an assistence program for people with legitament needs. my x girlfriend was disabled(cant work at all) and SSD and SSI turned her down so she get her scripts for free, but she had to pay for shipping. If you have SS they wont help and if your on medicaid you need a letter stating that they wont cover the drug specifically.

there is a compnay called Durect. The have developed a solid-geltab oxycontin generic. This is bad news for the addicts (snorters) and Purdue...
    Good news for common people. cheaper alternative (my 2 Cents)