Opiate Withdrawl Story
    shinira is offline New Member

Default Opiate Withdrawl Story

Hello. I am writing my story to perhaps give some of you some hope to all those out there trying to quit opiates cold turkey. You see, I dont ever suggest quitting opiate cold turkey, its not safe, and not very easy, but some people dont have the option to get help(FOr many reasons.)

ANyways, im a long time opiate user for a back injury ive had for most my life. Im currently 27 and have been taking pain killers since i was 16. I gradually got stronger and stronger meds and in the end was taking 12 Vicodents a day, and because of my love for opiates was taking 100mg of oxycontin a day as a habit.
    So anyways, as most of you have known, pills are not very cheap. After a few years of doing pill after pill every day my bank account was drained, my 401k drained, I sold just about everything i owned just to get high for a few more weeks, my addiction was at an all time low and i was lying and stealing and doing whatever i had to do to get it. I do live with my parents, and i passed off my bad behaviour as depression. My parents were very worried about me, they started watching every move i make, and that is when i knew that i had to quit. My parents are very strict, and not understanding. They would Kick me out, or worse if they knew i was a drug addict. I didnt have the money, nor the time to get help, and if i did they would find out. I knew i had to quit cold turkey, and so I tried.

Day 1 was hard, but I was still feeling not too bad because i still had pills in my system from the day before.
    Day2-3 was pure hell. I was puking every hour, my whole body was wracked with pain, I was so weak i wanted to sleep, but was so depressed and craving a pill i couldnt sleep. The mental depression was crippling, I never felt so awfull in my life, i literraly felt like robbing somebody just to get high, but i didnt.
    day 4-5 i started feeling alot better, i still had cravings but i pushed myself to go out, and work, this made me feel a little better.

after a week i felt like i had my two feet on the ground. I know that quitting cold turkey is hard, very hard, but it can be done. Just do ur best to keep yourself busy, get outside, talk to friends, do whatever. Anyways, I hope this brings some hope to some of you out there, and if you do quit, all the congrats to u. If you cant quit, its very understandable, trust me, withdrawls can be VERY brutal so i understand.

Cats Meow is offline Banned

Thanks for sharing your story, I hope it's an inspiration to others that are in the same situation.
    Have you only gone a week so far, and hows your back pain doing now without meds?

^..^ ~~ ,
    =´`= ___ )-~

rlever80 is offline New Member

Angry quitting opiates

Today is now my 3rd day without any form of an opiate. I took anything I could get my hands on. I have been sick for three days straight now and I do not feel as if it is subsiding. I have been to rehab twice already, and of course 6 months after this last time I was right back on the pills. These opiates are truly ruining me and everyone I love. I have to get help but CAN NOT go back to rehab - it was not beneficial to me. I am a 28 yrs old woman, a mother or a beautiful two year little boy that I want to be alive for. Please, please anyone, I can use any help I can get. What should I do? I am on the verge of going to peoples houses to search for pills and/or buy them.

Thanks so much,
    Lost~

jackets01 is offline New Member

Hi lever! Have you looked into seeing a doctor that can prescribe suboxone? This stuff works miracles on most people for opiate addiction. It is a bit expensive but if you figure up how much your addiction is costing you in problems and money then it is very very worth it. If you would like to talk about it more then feel free to email me at pinehurstag@gmail.com I am not a doctor but I have been taking suboxone for nine months and have not even wanted to see an opiate since and I had my life back within no time. Hope you hang in there and stay tuff.

jackets

KiGhost is offline New Member

I just want to congradulate you on overcoming your addiction. I had the same problem as you, but not the same financial situation. I had no 401k, no good paying job, I just had an evil side that I wish I had never seen. I abused more pills probably because what I did to get them is evil, and the devil was trying to be my best friend. No, I'm not a bible-thumper, and take an eclectic view on religion, but there is evil in this world and I've seen it in my tiny pupils after holding a colt woodsman on a person so that I could feel normal. That is not the I am today, and I am glad you never put someone elses life in fear.

I could not have gone straight and be where I am today without the help of my parent's. 'My relationship with my folks is give and take and I done took so much I give them my Glory'. My mom was raised by a preacher and my father retired from the Federal government, so you would maybe not expect them to be the most supportive parent's out there. It breaks my heart and brings tears to my eyes every time I realize their love for me (not that your parent's don't love you, everyone is just different) is infinite. I live every day now knowing the sacrifices they've made ... and yes every day it crosses my mind that I do not have any clue what I am going to do when they pass away. My father has always been my best friend and losing he or my mother frightens the HELL out of me. My point in all of this is that I do not know how on earth you were able to quit cold-turkey without the help I had. I admire you and your conviction and it makes me genuinely happy to know that there are people like you out there.

I'll pray to the Universal Creator for you, and I want to thank you for sharing your experience.

Ki

"As the snow-flakes start to fall, Bobby thought to himself 'could he possibly survive?' then out of no where, a stream of energy struck, as he boosted drawing energy from the Sun, the seven was shining and the kids all felt happy'
    Last edited by KiGhost; 03-27-2008 at 01:49 AM. Reason: new quote