Need Help with Xanax
    DNC
    DNC is offline New Member

Default Need Help with Xanax

i've just started getting xanax prescribed for severe anxiety. on the bottle it says alprazolam 0.5 mg and they're peach colored pills. i don't think this helps enough at all and i need immediate help. since i've just started getting them i'm supposed to be taking one in the morning and one at night. sometimes i just feel like dying at home when i get attacks, so how many of these are safe to take at one time?? yesterday i've tooken 3 within 2 hours but it didn't help as much as i needed it to. when i get attacks i really need them to kick in real quick, so would it be dangerous if i crushed them up before i took them?
    is there any other pills that might be better for me to take when i get an attack?
    any help is appreciated

xiolablue015 is offline New Member

Well, xanax dosages goes up to 2mgs. That would be 8 of your pills. I am by no means telling you to go for it, but maybe you should tell your doc that you need a higher dose. Tell him that you tried taking more and it didn't help you.

From my experience with anxiety, I had to take one 2mg xanax bar and another 2mgs at night. It all depends on the individual. But before you go pouring them into your mouth, I suggest you call your doctor with this dillema. It can be frustrating finding the right dose...