Morphine didn't work..
    marast is offline New Member

Default Morphine didn't work..

I got some Morphine which I was told was 60mg, and the pills didn't work for me. Im wondering why. Are they actually Morphine? And if they are Morphine, what's the equivalent in Perc or Vic?

Small, orange, round pills with 60 on one side and the letters ABG on the other.

sisterwin2 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by marast View Post
    I got some Morphine which I was told was 60mg, and the pills didn't work for me. Im wondering why. Are they actually Morphine? And if they are Morphine, what's the equivalent in Perc or Vic?

Small, orange, round pills with 60 on one side and the letters ABG on the other.

I hope its asprin................. if it was not given to you by a doc for pain then your playing with fire.

Cookie1456 is offline New Member

If you are asking in regards to recreationaly using morphine, well let me tell you something, if you messing with street opioids expect to get a lot bad ******************** happen to you, pills are extremely hard to trust if your buying em' from the street as it is easy for people to rip off people that are desperate with a unrecognizable aspirin tablet or something, or even worse something like an anti-psychotic or something that a kid randomly grabbed and is now trying to pass them off, a lot of teen's are pretty stupid, I can remember in 8th grade seroquel was constantly being sold and you know some poor person was running out of meds.

Now, I find it hard to believe that your doctor would give you morphine and morphine pills at that all of a sudden, most docs give weaker less abusable stuff for quick management or if you go to a hospital they'll give you a shot for pain but don't give you pills. Now you may have serious pain so yeah I guess you can still get morphine.

Now if you are being truthful, talk to your doctor, you can either have a slow metabolism meaning you need a higher dosage cause the body absorbs and uses the drug to slow meaning there isn't much of the drug getting at a steady level in your blood, if you are big (as in heavy) then you need more of drugs for them to distribute properly in your body, also have you taking opioids chronically for pain or otherwise recently? you might have a tolerance. But don't raise it on your own, you can seriously mess up with prescriptions.
    Last edited by Cookie1456; 08-28-2008 at 03:38 AM.

Cats Meow is offline Diamond Member

ABG 60 is 60mg morphine CR.
    Equivalency is oxycodone is roughly 1.75 times stronger, and hydrocodone is .6 times as strong as morphine mg/mg.

Painfulback is offline New Member

You have the wrong idea when you it did nothing haha. it did do something. If you took it for pain it would have releived the pain you had. For recreational use, depending if you have been on other opiates like codine or hydrocodon. These drugs are things like Tylenol-3, vicodin, norcos, etc.. If you have been on those before recreationally then you have a tolerance to opiates. Its a faster tolerance than alcohol and the addiction sucks you in so bad that you dont want to even go there trust me. I started on orally taking a few vicodin, moved to crushing and swallowing a few norco, to snorting, to morphine snorting or disolving the caplets of avinza or whatever. Now it takes a good does of oxycodone to even feel the effect. I am finally weening myself down but trust me it is a terriable addiction that you dont want. I was like haha whatever i wont get sucked in ill do it a couple times, whatever you know. Then i needed it again and again and before you know it i was addicted. Listen to me, dont ever buy the pills on the street unless you know exactly the markings of each. I do know them generics and name brands, thats how sad it is. I didnt go over my prescribed does though for backpain and ciatica. I just snorted it instead for the instant rush. I would recommend you go smoke some kush or have a shot, it is a better idea haha