ludes
    justwhatever is offline Member

Default ludes

does anyone know anything about Quaaludes? What were they originally prescribed for, and why were they taken off the market and when? thanks
    Last edited by ddcmod; 10-12-2010 at 06:44 PM.

Miles is offline Member

justwhatever:

In the United States, the marketing of methaqualone pharmaceutical products stopped in 1984 and methaqualone was transferred to Schedule I of the CSA making it an illegal substance in USA as well as a number of other countries.

In general, Qualudes are very similar to alcohol and other depressants. Methaqualone combines both sedative and hypnotic properties. The drug produces depression of the central nervous system (a reduction in the heart and breathing rate and blood pressure) and the onset of its effects usually occurs within 10 to 20 minutes of ingestion and may last 6 to 10 hours when taken orally.

Small doses create a feeling of euphoria, relaxation, hornyness, and/or sleepiness. Larger doses can bring about depression, irrational behavior, poor reflexes and slurred speech.

Negative effects can include a high level of tolerance, reduced heart rate, reduced respiration, and reduced muscular coordination.

Some street names it has been sold as are Disco Biscuits, Down And Dirtys, ****ers, Joe Fridays, Lemmon 714, Lemons, Lennons, Lovers, Ludes, Mandies, Mandrake, Q, qua, quaa, quack, Quad, Qualudes, Soaper, Supper, Vitamin Q, The Love Drug, Wallbangers, Whore Pills, and on and on and on...

Unfortunately, much of what is being passed on the streets today isn't all pure, so it's best to stay away from unless you are sure of what you are getting. A lot of what gets sold as ludes, is really valium. This is because valium produces a feeling that is somewhat similar to ludes.

Miles

miles--

thanks, that was perfect. I was talking to someone who said they took some a couple of years ago, and I said I thought that was impossible, since they aren't prescribed anymore. So the effect is similar to Valium? Why were they taken off the market? What made them particularly dangerous? Did they have a high potential for o/d? And one more question...do you know what they were prescribed for? Insomnia or anxiety maybe?

amanda

If they've been a C1 since 1984, they don't exist anymore unless people are manufacturing them in homemade labs right?

amanda

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

Here's some sites with more info:

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~
    Last edited by ddcmod; 10-12-2010 at 06:38 PM.

thanks goddess-- lots of great info