Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
LEXAPRO = I want positive feedback only
    JOHNNY LATS is offline New Member

Default LEXAPRO = I want positive feedback only

I started Lexapro today and so far all it did was make me yawn and put me to sleep. I will be curious to see what effects it has on me in coming weeks. This is my first post. I had no reason to ever come onto this forum because I never had to go on any pills othe rthan your regular anti-biotics.
    I zipped throught the other post about Lexapro and a vast majority of if was poor feedback. After reading it, I feel like throwing these things in the toilet. What I am looking for is people who have taken this for a prolonged period of time and had good results. Also, if you have taken Lexapro and then went on something else similar (for depression, anxiety, or boost of self-onfidence) that worked better, let me know as well. I do not wnat to waste my time of this if the bad outweighs the good. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

PoppyQueen is offline Member

I was taking Effexor 75mg. for about two years. They were losing their luster, so I was switched over to Lexapro, rather than take higher doses of Effexor. It was an easy switch with no withdrawals. I gave it 3 months and didn't like the Lexapro, it didn't make me feel any better than the Effexor did, sexual side effects were pretty high (no libido) and weight gain common. Went right back to Effexor after 3 months and I felt awful for about a week. Every time I turned my head it seems my brain wasn't following, and I couldn't stand up straight I was so dizzy. This was 8 months ago and I have been back on Effexor 75mg. until today.

I just started on Cymbalta today to help with mood swings AND pain relief. I am quitting Effexor now. So my exploration into antidepressants is ongoing. Hope this helped.

PQ

auntybiotic is offline Senior Member

Johnny,
    It seems that there is NOT much POSITIVE to report about lexapro. It has been a nightmare from hell for my family.

Thanks for your feedback.

Poppyqueen....Would you recommend me getting off this now (only on my second day) and try the Effexor? Today I woke up and did not feel myself. Kind of woozy until about noon and I took my first pill yesterday at 5:30pm.

Auntybiotic....I know I asked for positive feedback only, but would you mind elaborating about it being a nightmare?

PoppyQueen is offline Member

Well Johnny, since I'm not your doctor, or a doctor at all, perhaps you should give it a try. If they make you feel really awful, tell your doc. I think most antidepressants take your body some getting used to, like a week or two. I found that the Lexapro was no better than the Effexor 75 mg. (fyi Effexor comes in strengths of 150 mg. and 300 mg.). So it didn't provide the magic I was looking for. Frankly none of these pills do, but they help. User beware that one should not stop taking Lexapro, Effexor, or Cymbalta suddenly. Be intelligent about stopping the medication and wean off.

For me it's about finding something that evens me out and stops me from obsessing about mundane stuff. Both drugs worked for that. Self-confidence? Don't know if it'll help with that.

I'm now having the same dilemma as you as I switched to Cymbalta. I'm gonna give it some time before I freak out over any effects (like being sleepy and retaining water).

Good luck to us both then, eh?
    PQ

gproc is offline New Member

lexapro and effexor both were horrible to get off, they have the same withdrawal effects, which will make your life miserable

gproc is offline New Member

i would suggest not taking either, but thats me, neither helped me, and both had horrible side effects, im going through the lexapro withdrawals now, just about the same as the effexor ones, its horrible

auntybiotic is offline Senior Member

Jonny,
    Take whatever reason you started taking the Lexapro for, be it anxiety, depression etc.........now multiply it by 1000 times and that is what Lexapro will do for you,,make you wish you ONLY had the minimal symptoms prelexapro.

It will make you retian water, cause massive weight gain, blunt your feelings both good and bad, take away your interest in sex, make you have morbid thoughts, nightmares, muscle twitching and severe anxiety.

Then try to stop Lexapro................you will feel like a >>>>>> addict in need of a fix and go thru worse withdrawal then a crack addict. Naseau stomach cramping, electric shocks in your brain, inability to sleep. depersonalization...............do you want me to go on?

Go to Featured Conditions and read the 39 pages of people's experiences trying to get off Lexapro. It is under Lexapro Withdrawal. STOP LEXAPRO..............ALL SSRI"S ARE POISON!

Griffin is offline New Member

I have to answer back on this. Please don't listen to all the negatives about Lexapro and give it a try. I currently am on it. I have been switched from Paxil. Paxil is another one that so many people said they had problems with and was a nightmare. I had only positive things to say about it. It helped me immensely with my anxiety disorder. In fact it changed my life for the better. It is a nightmare to get off of if not done correctly. I have been on Paxil for 4 years and my dr wants me to try something else. So it is Lexapro. I have had no side effects except maybe a few hot flashes which could have nothing to do with the medication. I don't have the sleepy feeling. Many of the side effects do go away after taking it for a while. I feel great!! I have found focusing on positive things and having positive people around me helps so much.

Face is offline New Member

I take 10 mgs of Lexapro and 75 mgs of Lamictal. Lexapro has been one of the more benign meds I have tried thus far. The first SSRI I tried was Effexor and it was a bad experience. The first day I was on an emotional rollercoaster, feeling normal one minute and crying like a baby the next. It got better but the overall side effects were too much for me to handle. I completely lost my sex drive and when I did have sex I had one hell of a time reaching a climax. Also, I could NOT take this drug without first eating. If I did I would get very sick and vomit allot. Throwing up a pill you just swallowed 5 mins ago is horrible.

Since I started Lexapro I haven't noticed hardly any side effects. Sometimes I have vivid dreams and I sweat allot. No sexual problems and I can take the drug anytime without food. It also seems to work very well with the Lamicital.

morticia is offline Member

Ive been on lexapro for 4 years 30 mgs a day and i suffer from major depression after beening on lexapro i never had any problems with it.

it works so well for me my sex life is great and i hadnt have any kind of depression in 4 years. give it a try!

p.s. just rember that everybody reacts to meds differntly, everybody has differnt brain chemistry. dont give up

good luck

morticia

Brunette20021 is offline New Member

I started taking Lexapro about 6 months ago. I started taking drugs when my problems started, when I was around 12. Depression, Anxiety, OCD, etc. I have tried Lithium, Prozaac, Clonipramine, Paxil, Cesamet, Celexa, Luvox, Wellbutrin, Dexadrin, Effexor, IV Anafranil and ECT treatments. Compared to all the other drugs I have taken, this drug is very mellow for me. The first few weeks starting were rough but from then on it's been pretty smooth. My Psychiatrist suggested taking my dose of Lexapro later in the evening so if I experienced any side effects such as drowsiness or sleepliness it would not have such an impact on my day. I take 3 10mg. tablets at 8:00pm each night. I also take Serequel, Ritalin (also used for OCD), Ativan, and more recently, Clonazipam. Lexapro has given me no side-effects that I am aware of. Drugs I have taken such as Lithium gave me uncontrollable shakes, weight gain, and pretty much any other type of side effect I can think of. Same pretty much goes for everything else I have taken in the past. At this point, I don't have much choice but to be on medication. I have nothing but positive things to say about Lexapro. Good Luck! Nicola

Many thanks to all who replied.

Thora Cat is offline New Member

I've been on Lexapro for about ... I think 2 and a half years. I have never had any complaints after getting used to it. I had insomnia the first month, though I am not 100% certain it was caused by the drug. I was on Celexa before that and my doctor switched to Lexapro stating it helps more with social anxiety in addition to depression. I am on Wellbutrin and Trileptal (bipolar) in addition to Lexapro. I've found one drug never does it for me; I need a whole regimen. Over the years, I've tried more antidepressants than I can recall and have had bad opinions of many of them (as well as bad side effects). I didn't know there were so many people with Lexapro problems until I saw the posts here.

I find it takes me 4 - 6 weeks to get used to any drug so I wouldn't necessarily suggest anyone quit a new med in the first month unless it's really unbearable.

OxyContinKills is offline New Member

Hi;Just wanted you to know that you should really give Lexapro a try.I lost my child 4 yrs ago,and suffer from depression,panic/anxiety disorder and post traumatic stress disorder.I can't even name the anti-depressants I have been on in the past four years.Eight months ago I just couldn't take it anymore and my Doctor recomended Lexapro.For me it has been a godsend.Yes you may put on some weight,and yes it takes a few weeks to fully get into your system but what this medication has done for me,is given me a life.I can do things with Lexapro I couldnt for years.So please give it at least 8 weeks,I think it's worth it.

cheetahfreak is offline Junior Member

My mom, my sister and myself are on Lexapro.
    My mom and I have panic attacks so paired w/Klonopin, I realized there WAS a whole new world out there!
    My sister is on it as well as Fentanyl, Lortabs and so many other drugs. She hasn't killed herself or had any bad side effects.
    It must be working.
    I loved it.
    I have been on Serzone, Zoloft, Prozac and Buspar!
    Lexapro, by far, seemed to be a breakthrough treatment for me!

loopy is offline New Member

I've been on Lexapro for the last year and am now getting off of it. I've read a lot of negative reviews about it, but all I have is praise for Lexapro--it's been a lifesaver and saved me from anxiety and panic disorder. I was on other drugs before, such as Remeron (way sleepy!), Zoloft (extreme nausea), Buspar (no effect whatsoever), but none of them were as effective as Lexapro. I had hardly any side effects! But one was night sweats, which was only a slight inconvenience in my opinion. I didn't gain any weight at all, contrary to others' experiences--in fact, I lost weight! After withdrawing from Lexapro, I experienced brain freezes and dramatically increased appetite, but both have ceased after ~2 weeks or so. I am stopping Lexapro because things have gotten much better and I don't want to rely on drugs for the rest of my life. But I am very grateful that I took Lexapro at a time in my life when I needed it. The only thing is you have to take Lexapro for a couple of weeks for it to take effect. If you want something to take effect right away, take a drug like clonozepam which is a muscle relaxer but it is addictive.

ctd
    ctd is offline New Member

I believe that I have experienced some anxiety for years. About 5 months ago I had my first panic attack and was unsure of what was happening to me I was for sure I was dying or something else terrible was going on. I was home alone & scared so I called 911 and was carried to the hospital where the doctor came in and said just an anxiety attack and no big deal try to relax and sent me away with xanax and said no worries most people at some time or another do have this happen. I was horrified and for several weeks felt like I had a rapid heart beat, was shaking, afraid to be alone, emotional, could not sleep & just thought I was going crazy. Prior to the panic attack I was feeling fine and laughing on the phone with a friend and then it hit with no warning this left me in a state of panic and terror of it happening again. I knew I needed help bad and made an appt with a physciatrist (sp?) she prescibed lexapro 10mg. Day one I felt mildly sedated, sorda numb to things and a little nauseated. Being in this semi foggy state was better than anxiety and panic so I would say I felt some relief immediatly. After about 5-6 days my head seemed to clear up and I had a general calm feeling. I have also suffered from IBS and 95% of those symptoms have gone away also. I highly recommend at least giving lexapro a try I feel like it has saved my life without it I am not sure what would of happened to me. I have read alot about weight gain being associated with lexapro but so far so good, in fact I have lost some weight and don't feel as hungry anymore.

Casey55 is offline Member

Johnny,

Lexapro and SSRI's and all these meds help many people and they are definitely worth a try. What works for one, might not work for another but you owe it to yourself to find out for yourself. No one can tell you if you should or shouldn't try Lexapro or any other drug. And not all the SSRI's are alike. Some have to try all of them before they find on that works.

There are side effects for just about all meds. Many of them go away after a few weeks, if you can stick them out. Yes, the SSRI's are know to cause weight gain and sexual dysfunction but that is not the case for all, and even if it is, there are things that can be done and if they are too bothersome, you can always stop them.

Lexapro is the newest of all the SSRI's, closely related to Celexa. It is touted as have the least amount of side effects of all the SSRI's. If nausea is a problem, some of the SSRI's come in liquid form, Prozac for one. I know several people who couldn't tolerate the pill dosage and they were switched to the liquid where you can take a very tiny dose and slowy up it over time and they all tolerated it just fine. When they reached the dose they needed to be on, they were switched back to the pill and did just fine. They swear by the liquid.

You can never predict how a drug will work for you. It is good to be educated about any medication you take and be aware of possible side effects and contraindications. Also you should never go off a medication with out your doctors instrustions as to the proper way to do that. Some drugs can cause bad withdrawal.

Now to give you some examples of my experiences with SSRI's. I started Luvox 10 yrs ago for OCD and augmented with Paxil for the first 5 yrs. Not only did I not gain weight, I lost weight. Go figure. I am glad I didn't let others persuede me from trying them, they worked very well for me. You just never know. I went off Luvox twice and never had any withdrawal. But when I had a toxic reaction which was life threatening, I had to stop Paxil cold turkey, I had no choice. Paxil is known to produce the most severe withdrawal if stopped cold turkey and I can vouch for that. I was in withdrawal for 2 months, it was like having 5 cases of the flu all at once. I thought I was going to die. The good news is you don't die from withdrawal, but it can be hell to go through.

But there are safe ways to come off addictive meds, you have to follow your doctors instructions and it has to be done slowly over time. I was on narcotic (which can cause bad withdrawal) 7 months last year with two major back surgeries. As soon as I got past the post op pain of the second surgery I wanted to get off of them. AS instrusted I reduced the dose slowly over time and did just fine.

I tried every one of the SSRI's for depression and none of them touched it. But I had no bad side effects from any of them, including Lexapro. You have to take them long enough to see if they will work and if any side effects you may have will subside. EVERYONE is different and repsonds to drugs in various ways.

There is no doubt that some meds will work for some and some won't. Some will cause xyz side effects for some and not for others. And if a drug is working for the reason you are taking it, you have to weight the benefits with the side effects, only you can make that decision. As for sexual side effects from the SSRI's there is now a medicine being used that is having a high rate of success in reversing that side effect. It worked almost instantly for me.

There are also other antidepressants that are not SSRI's that you could try as well that don't produce the weight gain or sexual dysfunction the SSIR's might. I have done great on Wellbutrin. If you sit on any board for any medicine or any medical condition or any form of medical treatment for anything, you will always find success stories and horror stories. You have to decide for yourself what is best for you.

The important thing is that you are working with a psychiatrist, not a PCP, and that they monitor you closely when you start a new med or make any changes in your meds.

I hope you are doing better,
    Casey

prissypolly is offline New Member

I have been on Lexapro for anxiety/panic attacks about 4 months and I am so glad I made the decision based on my need and not the others on this board. I have not gained any weight at all. The only side effects I have experienced are vivd, dreams and daily night sweats. I haven't experienced any attacks and my moods are more stable and calm. This drug has been very positive for me.

pcapmoore is offline New Member

I just wanted to let you know that I have been on LEXAPRO 10 mg. for about 6 mo. (I was on Wellbutrin) It has been the drug that has put me back to my old self. I had some side effects like alittle weight gain and some night sweats. Also if I accidently missed a pill I got pretty nauseated once I took it.-but it was worth it when the medicine kicked in, I felt like I could handle things like a normal adult and parent and I didn't fly off the handle so much. Lexapro has been wonderful for me and my family.

Give it a try and see how it reacts to you. Good luck. Remember everyone is different on how they react to a drug. But remember if you don't feel like yourself keep trying until you do!!

sueb is offline New Member

my boyfriend has been on lexapro for 3 months- you have to get through the first month of feeling tired and lethargic. if you can get through that i have seen a great improvement in my boyfriend's attitude and stress level.

EasyMeds is offline Banned

I've take Lexapro for about the last year for work-related stress. It has been great. I was surprised when my Dr prescribed it because I'd never really heard much about it.

I haven't really had any side effects except that I totally crave sweets and normally I'm not a major sweets person, and some times if I take it on an empty stomach it can upset my stomach.

Overall I think it is great. I didn't even have any issues when I first started taking it like you often hear about others.

LaraGray is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by JOHNNY LATS

I started Lexapro today and so far all it did was make me yawn and put me to sleep. I will be curious to see what effects it has on me in coming weeks. This is my first post. I had no reason to ever come onto this forum because I never had to go on any pills othe rthan your regular anti-biotics.
    I zipped throught the other post about Lexapro and a vast majority of if was poor feedback. After reading it, I feel like throwing these things in the toilet. What I am looking for is people who have taken this for a prolonged period of time and had good results. Also, if you have taken Lexapro and then went on something else similar (for depression, anxiety, or boost of self-onfidence) that worked better, let me know as well. I do not wnat to waste my time of this if the bad outweighs the good. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

LaraGray is offline New Member

Hi! I have been on what I call my "Crazy" pills since I was 19 years old, now I am 47. My last was cymbalta which was worthless to me even after the 3 mth trial. I asked to switch back to Lexapro about 6 weeks ago and have felt much better. I didn't have the $$ to get refills and couldn't get samples until today and had to miss the last week along with my other "booster" pills (wellbrutin XL 300, trazadone, klonapin, cardopia) and my other meds, so I have been in an extra fragile state. I like Lexapro, but as always, you really have to give it a couple months. Start writing down - every day - how you feel so you have something to look at and take to your Dr. With that maybe they can tell better what you need. I skimmed over a few of the replies and the negative feedback. Keep track of your symptoms. You may need something entirely different. And most important - Ask your Doctor for samples. At my physical last year I had to admit I wasn't taking my meds because I didn't have the money and my Dr. told me to ask for samples - You shouldn't have to pay $$ for something that might make you sick, or sleepy and then has to go down the toilet when they have a closet full of sample packs of the newer meds just gathering dust. The best that I ever had though is Prozac. Back then I didn't have to take all the extras. She took me off because I had been on that for too many years. Do a Journal so you have a written history. It will help you and your Dr.
    [/quote][b] [b

Redbled is offline Member

I can't speak much to the benefits of Lexapro as I was only on it for 10 days, but the withdrawal effects I'm still feeling 3 months later. If it affects you in this way, you will very much wish you never took it.

Beautiful is offline New Member

I have been on Lexapro for about a month now. Before, I was on Effexor XR, but I felt like it wasn't working anymore.
    I haven't had any problems so far. Of course, meds work differently for everyone. I have had an increase in sex drive. I haven't noticed any weight gain yet.(Thank Goodness!)
    I do feel more positive about life. Little things don't bother me as much anymore. I was on Effexor one day and Lexapro the very next day. I didn't have any horrible withdrawals.

Kendra is offline Junior Member

I think it's interesting in this "positive" thread that people keep listing side effects from Lexapro and then say, "Oh, but it's probably not the drug doing that." No, its not a coincidence that you're all of a sudden unable to sleep, sweating buckets or ravenously hungry. The side effects don't always start right away. I started gaining weight almost immediately. Others didn't until 6 months or more. Remember, you can gain less than a pound a month and be 10 lbs heavier this time next year!

As for me and being positive:

- I'm positive I've gained 15 lbs in 7 weeks.
    - I'm positive that I feel hungry and lethargic all the time.
    - I'm positive Lexapro did nothing for the actual depression.
    - I'm positive Lexapro caused the sweats, insomnia, nightmares, numbness, racing heartbeat, the jitters, dizziness and confusion.
    - I'm positive that getting off of Lexapro was the best thing.
    - I'm positive that I should never have been on it.
    - I'm positive that I will NEVER suggest anyone else be on it!

Yes, Lexapro affects everyone differently and it causes different side effects for everyone. But remember, some people can smoke weed, snort cocaine and drink like fish with little or no side effects other than feeling good. It doesn't make those substances good for you. And the company that makes Lexapro isn't exactly forthcoming on the the drug's actual side effects or long-term effects.

bigmouthjen is offline New Member

I have a dear friend whose husband takes Lexapro. I have seen him with and without the medication, and the difference is phenomenal. They have three small children, and this man is like Jekyll and Hyde with and without. He will even tell you that the Lexapro is what makes him "nice". He has told his wife that he can't even stand himself when he is without medication. I have noticed no physical changes in him. Of course, I don't live with him, but his wife and I are quite close, and she has mentioned no changes. And believe me, we talk about EVERYTHING! So, I hope that you have the same success that my friend's husband has. GOOD LUCK!

bluglass2 is offline New Member

I'm in week seven of this drug. It is suspected that I have had depression all my life. As an adult the episodes have come closer together, I've have been hit harder and they have lasted longer. I have done talk therapy on and off since I was 10yrs old. Some helped and most didn't though I suspect the benefits might be below the conscious level. After my 2nd child I did three years of therapy 2X/week and then gave up on it. I deteriorated over the next three years until a change in work events through me over the edge. I was highly resistant to the thought of medication. I am the canary in the coal mine when it comes to side effects and I have nearly died from it on more than one occasion. So I am very careful. My doc was very considerate and empthetic about my concerns. His protocol, depending on the person is to start small and go slowly. In retrospect I can say if he started me at more than the 5mg I would have been hospitalized as a zombie. Instead I floated though the first week. Yes I had tremors, shakes, dizziness, jaw clenching, changes to bowel and bladdar habits as well as some changes to digestion, problems with coordination and balance. I also was forgetful in a different way than my previous forgetfulness. I had a problem finding the right words and finishing sentences. I also experienced hyperfocus. In the beginning I was extremely lethargic and could barely get off the couch. This subsided though when I increased my dosage it returned for a couple of days but subsided very quickly.

Most all these symptoms have subsided over the last several weeks. The fog has cleared, I am no longer so tongue tied. My body is different but girls experience differences with this drug than boys do. It is prescribed as Serafem in a particular way for PMS. So I have had the extra benefit of loosing the PMS problems to a great degree that I have been plagued with all my life!

I no longer shake unless I am stressed or excited. I still am forgetful but I had what was termed adult ADHD due to stress and sleep deprivation. I wasn't sleeping much before at all. Now I sleep. Yes I have vivid dreams but they are dreams. My personal take is that my brain is clearing itself off and dealing with issues though my dreams. The dreams are not every night and I don't feel like I am loosing sleep as I was before the drug. The drug does cause somnolance in the first couple of hours after taking it so my doctor has you take it at bedtime. I started taking it at 8pm but was too tired. I need to be up till at least 10 or 11pm to get things done at home (2 kids must do stuff after they are asleep) so I take it at 10 or 11pm. I sleep though the worst of it. I have to get out of bed slowly and it takes a little longer to wake up.

At week seven the jaw clenching stopped as well. The only symptom I have left is a slight increase in klutziness but I was a klutz before so...

The adult ADHD symptoms are subsiding and I love having my hyper focus back.

I had no intimate life pre-drug due to the depression. I don't have more drive but what we do have is more and much more wonderful!!!

I had some problem in the beginning with heartburn but I ate half a cracker when I took the pill and was fine. This too subsided. I just drink a big glass of water. Oh, I am dryer and it has impacted my allergies a little bit but I am endeavoring to drink more water to get my system to flush. My appitite is under better control. I get fuller quicker and eat more appropriate sized portions. I am also better able to choose to eat fruit and veggies when I do get the munchies. Yes, I get munchies particularly for carbs -- bad carbs -- but I am switching to eating a morning and afternoon snack like some nuts and this seems to help. I have bloated but I'm not sure I gained weight. But the fat is shifting around.

The best part is that I feel I have more time. I experience time differently. It is longer. I have time to think about what is happening to me. Time to formulate a response or to decide not to respond. I still have a full range of emotions but I feel I have control over them and not them over me. Sure I still get angry at my kids and dissapointed in situations but they don't have the venom, anger, heat or fury that they did before. If that was normal I don't want it. If this is being blunted then this is fine! My friends, coworks, my husband, family and kids all see I am different. Me but different. Sure my husband and I still have disagreements and friction but my responses are not over the top and I can recognize when others are over the top and have time to decide how I want to respond.

The best therapy I have done is Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy by Albert Ellis. In the past the process was just an intellectual exercise but now I have internalized it and it just happens. It is wonderful too.

All I can say is to go up on the drug very slowly. I will stay at 10mg for perhaps 3 to six months so we can see how I respond over time. The brain is burning new pathways. The old pathways and responses need to become obsolete. You can't go up on too much drug too fast because it is just overwhelming. It needs to be slow. My program is to be on this drug for at least three years. I know that if we decide to increase again it will be to 15mg and I will do that for several months of evaluation. I could even go to liquid and increase even more slowly now that I know about that option.

What small side effects I have I consider well worth having given the change in how I view and interact the world and how life feels to me. I was in terror before and now I'm not. Such a burder has lifted. It makes me very sad to know that so many people are not getting the same benefit from this or other drugs as I am.

Look this isn't a panecea. It won't cure you. It won't fix you. They know very little about how it works and if you don't have scientific, medical or other training it can be hell to figure out what all the professional literature is really saying. The hardest part I have is whether I can take an Advil, Tylenol, Tums or Peptobismol. I worry about SSRI syndrome as well. But I'm not going to let these things be so overwhelming that they prevent me from finding a better equalibrium in life.

This drug takes several weeks to reach loading dose in your system. You will feel different and go through different stages of adaptation during this time and each time your dosage is changed. This is why you have to have extreme patience. Just go with it and see where it takes you for a good couple of months. I also wouldn't worry about the withdrawal until you need to complete that process. Then you can do your research about how to manage it and work with your doctor. Again, as you will learn here you must go very, very slowly over a long period of time. I am working on the concept of trying detail my experience, my attitudes and my personal makeup, values, morals etc to see what, if anything it is that has assisted my body in reaping benefit from this experience. Right now I would say lack of expectation and patience are the going ticket. I had no preconcieved ideas of what would happen. I didn't expect to get "fixed" or be instantly "wonderful". I just have an open mind and move from minute to minute. You can too.

Blu

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast