Insurance Stopped Paying for Adderall XR
    stugellington is offline New Member

Default Insurance Stopped Paying for Adderall XR

I've been taking 50mg of Adderall XR for about 3 years, both to augment the effects of my anti-depressants (on Effexor XR and Lamictal) and to help with hypersomnolence (excessive sleepiness). Before I took Adderall I could have fallen asleep anywhere, any time I put my head down; when I began on the Adderall I felt like someone gave me my life back, I felt like a functioning human being.

Anyway, about 2 months ago, my RX insurance told me they will no longer cover my Adderall. When the same thing happened last year, my Dr. submitted a letter of medical necessity, which they accepted, so she tried again this year and they denied it. I appealed the decision and was told that an "independant" Dr. reviewed the appeal and denied it as well and that there are no more appeal options.

I'm on a generic for Adderall now (Amphetam Salt; there is no generic for XR) and it SUCKS. I need to go back on the name brand. Unfortunately though, it costs me about $360/month for the dosage I need. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any inexpensive pharmacies I can try. I found it for about $280 on drugstore.com, but that's the best I've found. The Canadian pharmacies don't offer it because it's a controlled substance. I just can't believe that I have insurance and a valid RX and still can't get what I need to make me feel close to human without going broke.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

blondesheila is offline New Member

Angry blondesheila/same problem really sucks and i won't let go

Quote Originally Posted by stugellington View Post
    I've been taking 50mg of Adderall XR for about 3 years, both to augment the effects of my anti-depressants (on Effexor XR and Lamictal) and to help with hypersomnolence (excessive sleepiness). Before I took Adderall I could have fallen asleep anywhere, any time I put my head down; when I began on the Adderall I felt like someone gave me my life back, I felt like a functioning human being.

Anyway, about 2 months ago, my RX insurance told me they will no longer cover my Adderall. When the same thing happened last year, my Dr. submitted a letter of medical necessity, which they accepted, so she tried again this year and they denied it. I appealed the decision and was told that an "independant" Dr. reviewed the appeal and denied it as well and that there are no more appeal options.

I'm on a generic for Adderall now (Amphetam Salt; there is no generic for XR) and it SUCKS. I need to go back on the name brand. Unfortunately though, it costs me about $360/month for the dosage I need. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any inexpensive pharmacies I can try. I found it for about $280 on drugstore.com, but that's the best I've found. The Canadian pharmacies don't offer it because it's a controlled substance. I just can't believe that I have insurance and a valid RX and still can't get what I need to make me feel close to human without going broke.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Cats Meow is offline Banned

This is an older post, and I didn't see a real reply, I might suggest if you have a Costco in your area, price out your meds there, they're suppose to have the lowest price on all Rx drugs.

Delaney98 is offline New Member

Default insurance not approving adderall xr

Try calling the company that makes the drug and see if they will give it to you for free. I know they do that sort of thing when someone doesn't have health insurance. Good luck!

hairbarbie is offline New Member

Default Adult new to adderall 30 mg xr

Ive just started to take adderall 1x 10mg am & 1 x 10mg xr in the mid afternoon.....Why am I feeling tired? Maybe 1 30mg xr would be best if I take it in the morning only........I also find that some days im not really hungry is this normal? thx