Having Suboxone in my System before going to a Dr. for suboxone script
    MiguelAmbergel is offline New Member

Default Having Suboxone in my System before going to a Dr. for suboxone script

For the past few months I have been buying suboxone off the street because I have been trying to get off Percs/Oxy's for about a year and the suboxone has helped a good deal. However, I am not always able to find suboxone off the street so sometimes I break down and take a low does of an oxy just to ward off withdrawal. My question is if the suboxone Dr. sees suboxone in my system along with possibly percocet would he be reluctant to prescribe me Suboxone? I figure that if i just told my doctor the 100% truth (that i've been tryin sub treatment by myself but when i can't find subs i take the bad stuff until i find more subs) that he will understand and more than happy to prescribe me to subs. I'm sure a lot of it depends on the Doctor but I just wanted to see if there was anyone else out there that went thru a similar situation and what i should take in the few days leading up to my first appointment and urine test. My appointment is tuesday and I have some percs in my system and some suboxone....i want to take suboxone up until the appointment but don't know if taking other opiates would be more helpful in getting a prescription for subs.

So if anyone has any prior experience with this and/or advice that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MiguelAmbergel View Post
    For the past few months I have been buying suboxone off the street because I have been trying to get off Percs/Oxy's for about a year and the suboxone has helped a good deal. However, I am not always able to find suboxone off the street so sometimes I break down and take a low does of an oxy just to ward off withdrawal. My question is if the suboxone Dr. sees suboxone in my system along with possibly percocet would he be reluctant to prescribe me Suboxone? I figure that if i just told my doctor the 100% truth (that i've been tryin sub treatment by myself but when i can't find subs i take the bad stuff until i find more subs) that he will understand and more than happy to prescribe me to subs. I'm sure a lot of it depends on the Doctor but I just wanted to see if there was anyone else out there that went thru a similar situation and what i should take in the few days leading up to my first appointment and urine test. My appointment is tuesday and I have some percs in my system and some suboxone....i want to take suboxone up until the appointment but don't know if taking other opiates would be more helpful in getting a prescription for subs.

So if anyone has any prior experience with this and/or advice that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Hi Mike,

I don't have experience with your particular questions but after going through 3 Sub doctors, I do know this....be very honest with them from the beginning. They will ask what drugs you've been taking. Just tell them the truth.
    Once my Sub docs knew that I was always 100% honest with them, they "trusted" me. The Sub docs are not as interested in what you are on as the fact that you desire to do the program and get off your drug(s) of choice.
    Hope his helps