Fentanyl and hair loss?
    Tricia LeMay is offline New Member

Default Fentanyl and hair loss?

If someone could answer this I would be sooooo gratefull! I have been using Fentanyl for more than 5 years for migraine's. For years I wore 2 patches of 100mcg/hr and my doctor has been slowly decressing it I am now down to 25mcg. I noticed about a month ago I am lossing my hair like nuts(all over but I can really tell in the frount).I can run my hand through the top of my hair(bangs) and 10 or more hairs fall out. I asked my doctor if this is a side effect and he just says " I don't know" Has anyone else have this and if yes does it grow back? For me being a women Iam afraid.

agenda is offline New Member

Default Sheri

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia LeMay View Post
    If someone could answer this I would be sooooo gratefull! I have been using Fentanyl for more than 5 years for migraine's. For years I wore 2 patches of 100mcg/hr and my doctor has been slowly decressing it I am now down to 25mcg. I noticed about a month ago I am lossing my hair like nuts(all over but I can really tell in the frount).I can run my hand through the top of my hair(bangs) and 10 or more hairs fall out. I asked my doctor if this is a side effect and he just says " I don't know" Has anyone else have this and if yes does it grow back? For me being a women Iam afraid.
    Tricia, I have been on the fentanyl patch for four years. I use one 50 mcg patch every 48 hrs. I am now down to 25 mcg using every 72 hrs. I just recently notice severe hair loss. I don't know if this is caused by the patch. If you find out anything else about the hair loss, please reply.

breezy4s is offline New Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia LeMay View Post
    I also was on Fentanyl 100mcg for approximately 1 year. Although it's been about 6 years ago... I started losing my hair also and unfortunately still do however I blamed synthroid that I'm on for the rest of my life. Wow... I didn't even think about the Fentanyl. Thanks for a heads up on this matter Tricia.

RayK2011 is offline New Member

Angry Me Too. I'm loosing my hair.

This is so strange. I have been searching the web and found this post. I am in my mid forty's and just started to notice hair loss. My wife cuts hair for a living, and told me about it. If I had family members who are bald. I told her no. We don't have any I know of. And I don't even have the normal baldness symptoms. My hair is very thick. Yet just in the past 3 months the sides above my eyes are loosing hair. Yet one thing we all have in common is using fentanyl for the past 5 years. And I am still on it for therapy. I wonder now?