Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Effexor
    Anonymous Guest

Hi "NeedAdvice",
    As metioned in previous posts I managed to get off this drug cold turkey. My reasoning was that even going from 150mg a day tapering down to 37.5, you body starts to think that is normal and you will still have side effects.But that was me.

I took Benerdryl every few hours and it helped tremendously, I took a few tablespoons full withhin a few hours the brainzaps were so much better like 70% better. I also so got my mum to get me Omega-3 pills which is Natural Brain food in itself.The brain is remarkably fatty: In fact, this organ is 60% fat and needs omega-3s to function properly. Now researchers have discovered a link between mood disorders and the presence of low concentrations of omega-3 fatty acids in the body.

Tell tour friend that he will be ok. It is so hard but Trust me in 2-3 weeks of pain it will feel like a huge acomplishment. If he wants someone to talk to you can email me and I'm happy to talk to him. It does get better it really, really does.
    All the best.

ccapel is offline New Member

I've been a 7 year Effexor addict. I've tried quitting (using various techniques) many times. I always return (give up!) because of the 'zingers'. I recently ran across a site that recommended Claritan-D. WOW! After three days cold-turkey I started the Claritan-D when the zingers started --- they are definitely tolerable now!. They start back up as the Claritan wears off.

I'm using the 24-hour version (and it does have to be 'Claritan-D' not just plain old 'Claritan'.

The post indicated he had to use it for about two months. If it works I'll post a follow up.

NeedAdvice is offline New Member

Dear "oohdannyboy"

Thanks for the speedy reply back. I got him started on the items you suggested last night. The benydryl seems to have helped a little with the Zaps.

Did you get any hair loss with this? He was experiencing some hairloss while on the medication. But now with a day 7 ahead of him and a LOT of brain zaps his hair seems to be thinning even more.

I REALLY appreciate all the help u provided. I forwarded your message on to him. It is doing him a world of good knowing that there are people who are in the same boat as him who have cleaned there system of this drug. Thanks Again.

- NeedAdvice

Anonymous Guest

quote:Originally posted by NeedAdvice

Dear "oohdannyboy"

Thanks for the speedy reply back. I got him started on the items you suggested last night. The benydryl seems to have helped a little with the Zaps.

Did you get any hair loss with this? He was experiencing some hairloss while on the medication. But now with a day 7 ahead of him and a LOT of brain zaps his hair seems to be thinning even more.

I REALLY appreciate all the help u provided. I forwarded your message on to him. It is doing him a world of good knowing that there are people who are in the same boat as him who have cleaned there system of this drug. Thanks Again.

- NeedAdvice
    Hi Needadvise,
    With the hair thinning. I has been losing my hair since i was 16 and im now 28.LOL. so Im not sure if i have lost any more than i have over the years. He should be feeling marginally better by now. Just keep on the Benedryl it really helps. All the best to him. Let me know how you go or if I can give you anymore advise.He is going thru hell at the moment so just be there for him.
    Regards
    Oohdannyboy

tetheredcat is offline New Member

Long story short- I was put on Effexor 75 mg to treat my PTSD and I had to have it increased to 150 mg. When my prescription ran out and needed doctors approval to refill, my doctor said I had to come in for a check up before she would refill it. (my vitals before starting Effexor: BP120/80, HR 78) The soonest appointment was in ten days and I had NO pills! She refused to fill it.
    So I said screw it, I'm not going back. I decided to go cold turkey. Not going to work. I was nauseated, vomiting, manic, with head zaps, I was one big panic attack to the point that I could not go to school (nursing student) or work (computer tech at the time) As the GI symptoms decreased I continued to have the zaps and was in a constant state of terrifying panic. The solution: Prozac!
    I was given 20 mg the first day. Three days later, took another 20 mg. No brain zaps and mood stabilized! I was no longer pacing the floor frantically like a caged tiger about to fall over because the zaps were so strong. Three days later, I took half of a 20 mg (10 mg)
    and three days later I took the other half, three days later I took half of a 10mg, and again three days later took the other half. Finally, the zaps disappeared altogether and I stopped taking the Prozac completely. Residual effect that Effexor has had on me: BP never below 140/85, HR doesnt fall below 100 and it has been a year and a half. Live and learn I guess? nah..screw that. I say sue!

When I come back, I want to be alive.

How long does it take to get Effexor completely out of your system? My friend has stopped taking Effexor for 3 1/2 weeks now. He is using Benydrly and Caritin D-24 to control the brain zaps. If he doesnt take the Benydrly in the morning its hard for him to function at work through the day. We were wondering just how much longer till this is completely out of his system and he no longer has to take Benydrly?

Thanks Much !

ClaritanD update...

Well so far I've been taking the ClartianD for about 4 weeks. I'm amazed at how well it's working. I have tried to skip the ClaritanD from time to time and I have noticed that it appears to be taking longer for the 'zingers' to re-appear. At first, if I missed one I knew the next morning. Now if I miss one I won't really notice for about 48 hours. I saw one person post that they used the ClaritanD for over two months before they were able to stop.

I still have issues with anger management. Particularly of the irrational variety, but I'm working on that. It also is MUCH better when I haven't skipped a ClaritanD. Funny thing is right now - it appears to me that the ClaritanD and the Effexor are interchangeable! (And theres not a whole lot of difference in cost either! hmmmm)

The real beauty of the ClaritanD is that I'm killing two birds with on stone since it's allergy season and it's particularly rough this year...

Have2CowgirlUp is offline New Member

had no idea that if I missed two doses of Effexor that I was going to be so dizzy and lightheaded that I couldn't function! I am on methotrexate, effexor, zanex, folic acid, atarax, and several other topical cortisteriods. I missed two doses of the effexor and I was totally out of it. I got my prescription refilled on saturday around 5:30pm, went home, took a nap, and when I woke up I was feeling better, by sunday morning it was gone altogether. I don't feel like I want to discontinue the medication, as it seems to be working better than the prozac that I was on for 7 years. My concern is....how would you get off if it if you wanted to? And what is a "brain zap"? I know that I was having "trailing". I couldn't even move my eyes by themselves to look at something without getting dizzy and feeling like I was gonna pass out. Makes me wonder what it's really doing to my system. The methotrexate I am taking is causing liver enzyme problems, so I am going to have to go off of that soon....I have to endure one more dose.....for bloodwork purposes....arrgggggg what are we doing to ourselves? I know that I can't function without an anti-depressant...it just isn't going to happen.

quote:Originally posted by Have2CowgirlUp

had no idea that if I missed two doses of Effexor that I was going to be so dizzy and lightheaded that I couldn't function! I am on methotrexate, effexor, zanex, folic acid, atarax, and several other topical cortisteriods. I missed two doses of the effexor and I was totally out of it. I got my prescription refilled on saturday around 5:30pm, went home, took a nap, and when I woke up I was feeling better, by sunday morning it was gone altogether. I don't feel like I want to discontinue the medication, as it seems to be working better than the prozac that I was on for 7 years. My concern is....how would you get off if it if you wanted to? And what is a "brain zap"? I know that I was having "trailing". I couldn't even move my eyes by themselves to look at something without getting dizzy and feeling like I was gonna pass out. Makes me wonder what it's really doing to my system. The methotrexate I am taking is causing liver enzyme problems, so I am going to have to go off of that soon....I have to endure one more dose.....for bloodwork purposes....arrgggggg what are we doing to ourselves? I know that I can't function without an anti-depressant...it just isn't going to happen.
    Brain zaps are exactly what they sound like: it feels like you stuck your brain stem in a light socket! ZzzZZzzZzzZZZzzTTttT!! As for coming off of Effexor, different people swear by different methods. For me, it was prozac. For others, as you se in previous posts, it was CLaritin. Work with your doctor on it and hopefully you will have minimal withdrawl symptoms. It's hard to come off of a drug that we staked so much on helping us. But in my honest opinion, quitting Effexor was the best thing for me. I was taking it for PTSD, and I was going to have to continually increase the dose for it to remain effective. Now, I have learned to deal mostly because I didnt have a drug to rely on. I learned to rely on myself.

NancyC is offline New Member

I slowly decreased the amount I took. Even after I stopped, the tingling sensation and zaps continued for about another two months. It just takes time. [xx(]

My main focus here is regarding the"vivid dream" part of effexor. I had very intense dreams. It was like virtual reality. Even researched out of body experiences on the internet. From my research, I learned how to confront my dreams, learned to control them, then learned to totally enjoy them. And this drug is legal? [:0]

I no longer take the medication. I no longer have these OBE dreams either. I miss the dreams, [V] but not that drug.

I am trying to hook up with other people who have experienced these weird dreams. I want to know that it just wasn't me. There is a chemical component in the drug that alters sleep patterns.

I would encourage anyone who has such dreams to research OBE techniques and it will really open up a whole new world.

Dear NancyC,

After 2 months, did the zaps and tingles go away gradually or was it abrupt?

thanks
    quote:Originally posted by NancyC

I slowly decreased the amount I took. Even after I stopped, the tingling sensation and zaps continued for about another two months. It just takes time. [xx(]

My main focus here is regarding the"vivid dream" part of effexor. I had very intense dreams. It was like virtual reality. Even researched out of body experiences on the internet. From my research, I learned how to confront my dreams, learned to control them, then learned to totally enjoy them. And this drug is legal? [:0]

I no longer take the medication. I no longer have these OBE dreams either. I miss the dreams, [V] but not that drug.

I am trying to hook up with other people who have experienced these weird dreams. I want to know that it just wasn't me. There is a chemical component in the drug that alters sleep patterns.

I would encourage anyone who has such dreams to research OBE techniques and it will really open up a whole new world.

bobspeed is offline New Member

It's The Big Turkey Story and a Cold One It Is, Too

So, I forgot to make an appointment with my shrink to talk about meds. I've been on Zoloft for 12 years and Effexor for two, and I routinely see her every six months. This time I forgot. The pharmacy called and to inform me my doctor rejected my prescription renewals because I needed to come in to see her. That was fine with me, so I tried to make an appt., but can’t see her until July 1! Isn’t that special! So I’m being forced to quit both cold turkey. Could be interesting. I’ve talked to her at least twice about stopping Effexor, but she’s against it. And if I ever do stop it, withdrawal symptoms can be nasty, she said, so I would have to taper off. So now why has she dumped this load of >>>> on my head by cutting me off both cold turkey?

Whatever her reasons, I'm on Day 5. I think I'm lucky. My symptoms haven't been severe. No brain zaps, but a lot of swishing when I move my eyes; some nausea, some dizziness. Today is the worst so far, but I'm far away from the horror that some folks go through. Emotionally I'm very calm and feel very, very good.

But my appetite is out of control! I'm eating everything I can get my hands on. It's crazy: huge breakfasts with eggs and meat and spuds, then big sandwiches with chips for lunch, then massive amounts of pasta for supper. And I'm still hungry when I go to bed! What's up with that?

ejb199 is offline New Member

Hello everyone -wow - the last time i posted was in January when i started coming off this damn drug. And six months later...i guess im down to about 3mg a day now. theres the good news...

and the bad news....the panic attacks are back and i worry about vomiting again pretty much everyday. i just dont know what to do. i dont want to rely on drugs all my life - but then i cant cope with worrying about vomiting everyday of my life. ive come so far and i dont wanna go back...i just dont know what to do know.

i followed a strict programme found online to ge off the effexor: http://www.clinical-depression.co.uk...essants/withdr awal/venlafaxine.html
    i couldnt finish on 3/4 of 35.5mg a day - i have had to go even lower. but it has worked and taken six months now.

o i dont know - i felt better on them i have to say - saner and less depressed and i didnt worry that >> vomit that everything i did(eat, ride in a car) would make me throw up - i just dont know what to do....

BTW - i agree with the Benadryl - has helped lots. Also piriton for the nights i take - i find my skin gets soooooo itchy - its ridicoluos - and this hasnt stopped either.

ems x

jluc2141 is offline New Member

I enjoyed reading about all of your withdrawl stories. My girlfriend is on effexor and I am desperately trying to get her off. Your stories will help. She has all the symptoms (zaps, sweats, focus issues). I want her to go cold turkey, and it looks like she is doing it, with some major side effects. This weekend she was admitted to the hospital with what we thought was a heart attack, it was in fact major case of heartburn, but it was bad, she could not move and I had to get an ambulance to get her to the ER. Nonetheless, I'm still for cold turkey - what does not kill you makes you stronger. Hang in there!

dianehoffman is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by fbjenn2

Hey. Im sorry to hear about the side effects of your withdrawl, but am also relieved[^] I stoped lexapro cold after I wanted to go back to Wellbutrin. I had horrible all night dreams that really freaked me out!! I thought maybe I needed the lex. now I know it may just be a comming off effect Thanks for the info!![:I]

dutchman is offline Junior Member

My doctor advices me against taking Effexor as I had high blood pressure. He told me that is anyone has high blood pressure or low blood pressure, then Effexor may further worsen these medical conditions.

Anonymous Guest

Hey,
    Please stick at getting off this drug. I have posted many before about getting off it. But believe in yourself and go thru the pain. Because believe me the pleasure at the end is soooooo worth it. I know its ****ty at the moment with the zaps,headaches,and numbness, please do it. Its a few weeks of terrifiying agony but go with it. Email me if you get stuck. Im 5 months gone and I can laugh about it. You'll be here with me in no time at all!!!!!!!!!!

tmr
    tmr is offline New Member

I am so happy to hear that you are doing better getting off this drug effexor. I see the light at the end of the tunnel for someone ele. I wish I could see the light for myself. I don't get serious brain zaps I don't think I ever really have. The anxiety and depression is more than I can bear at times. I don't want to hear that I need to go back on a antidepressant. I want to be clean from them. I just want to feel better. Is it really mind over matter? Can I just make up my mind to have it all go away? I am so angry I don't know what to do. I have been completely off effexor for 3 weeks now. I have tapered off over the past three months. I had been doing great until the final not taking any more. Just a little crazy. tmr

quote:Originally posted by oohdannyboy

Hey,
    Please stick at getting off this drug. I have posted many before about getting off it. But believe in yourself and go thru the pain. Because believe me the pleasure at the end is soooooo worth it. I know its ****ty at the moment with the zaps,headaches,and numbness, please do it. Its a few weeks of terrifiying agony but go with it. Email me if you get stuck. Im 5 months gone and I can laugh about it. You'll be here with me in no time at all!!!!!!!!!!

I've been clean for 3 months now. IT DOES GET BETTER. The Claritan D helped with the zaps, but it didn't solve the anxiety. The anxiety leads to the feeling of depression because you are so overwhelmed. What helps me is to remember "If I was still on the drug, I wouldn't think this (whatever it is) is a big deal!"....when I remind myself of that I am able to let go a little and relax. Then I do take the time to really think about my feelings and what the root of my anxiety is. When I was on the drug, I just didn't care...so, I never worked on the real source of the problems. Anyone that's been through this will tell you how difficult it is. I think it's worth it, but if it's not working for you...don't be ashamed to resume your meds...it doesn't make you any less of a person. I still have doubts when I'm having a down day and it becomes 2 days, etc.

quote:Originally posted by tmr

I am so happy to hear that you are doing better getting off this drug effexor. I see the light at the end of the tunnel for someone ele. I wish I could see the light for myself. I don't get serious brain zaps I don't think I ever really have. The anxiety and depression is more than I can bear at times. I don't want to hear that I need to go back on a antidepressant. I want to be clean from them. I just want to feel better. Is it really mind over matter? Can I just make up my mind to have it all go away? I am so angry I don't know what to do. I have been completely off effexor for 3 weeks now. I have tapered off over the past three months. I had been doing great until the final not taking any more. Just a little crazy. tmr

Hey,

Anonymous Guest

Hi There TMR,
    As posted previously by ccapel there is no shame in going back. But if you do please talk to your doctor about trying something different from Effexor. I would hate for you to go thru this again.
    Personally I would say wait till you are completley off them and it's out of you system before you make decisions.You head is pretty messed up at this stage as in chemicals are all out of alignment) so give it a few more days till you balance out. All the best. I'm thinking of you.
    Oohdannyboy
    quote:Originally posted by tmr

Hey,

myrc69 is offline New Member

Most people who are taking a med and feel better think that they can stop taking it. Hello, the reason you are feling better is because of the meds. Those who do not feel better or feel worse should see a Dr. and try something different.

myrc69 is offline New Member

I am new to all of this, but I had been on Effexor for the last 4 years. It saved my life and my family. For me, it was a miracle drug and had only 1 side effect which was sweating. I was down and out and woke up one morning and the switch went on. Night and day. Now it has finally stopped doing what it needs to for me, but before it was great.

modifiedgirl is offline New Member

help help help help help.
    I have been on 225mg of Effexor for almost a year now. It really has honestly been the only thing that has helped me with my problems. I suffer with severe depression, generalised anxiety, dermotilomania, and OCD. This high dose has been the only thing I have been able to tolerate, that has helped as well. This morning I woke up feeling like I was going to die. I am dizzy, my brain is buzzing, my vision is trailing and it feels as though i am looking through watery eyes. I dread to say, I may have missed my dose the last few days due to some emergency things that have happened around home as of late. When will this go away? I took my normal dose this morning, thats when I realised I had likely missed a day or two. Is there anything I can do to regain function, other than calling it a day and crawling back into bed at 11:30 in the moring? Has anyone else had these feelings when missing as little as one or two doses? How long, if you know, will it take to get things back on schedule and make this awful feeling go away? Anything you guys can help me with or tell me would be greatly appreciated.
    Betty.

quote:Originally posted by modifiedgirl

help help help help help.
    I have been on 225mg of Effexor for almost a year now. It really has honestly been the only thing that has helped me with my problems. I suffer with severe depression, generalised anxiety, dermotilomania, and OCD. This high dose has been the only thing I have been able to tolerate, that has helped as well. This morning I woke up feeling like I was going to die. I am dizzy, my brain is buzzing, my vision is trailing and it feels as though i am looking through watery eyes. I dread to say, I may have missed my dose the last few days due to some emergency things that have happened around home as of late. When will this go away? I took my normal dose this morning, thats when I realised I had likely missed a day or two. Is there anything I can do to regain function, other than calling it a day and crawling back into bed at 11:30 in the moring? Has anyone else had these feelings when missing as little as one or two doses? How long, if you know, will it take to get things back on schedule and make this awful feeling go away? Anything you guys can help me with or tell me would be greatly appreciated.
    Betty.
    As long as you started it back, the symptoms should subside..
    Good luck. With my patients, I make sure NOBODY misses a dose or even gets it a second late!@! Ive gone through it, >> hate for someone else to.

On the Edge is offline New Member

<div align="left"></div >>="left">

I have been on 375 mg of Effexor and 1500mg of Depakote for six years. These medications are used to treat my bipolar illness. I take 21 other medications each day and suffer with various interactions between medications. The worst interaction was between Effexor and Pletal ( a drug to help reduce the effects of blockages in the legs, I.E.; PAD ). I was very sure I was going to die; my heart rate would just go out of sight for no apparent reason, couldn't catch my breath, so dizzy I couldn't even stand up, terrible headaches, couldn't focus my eyes/blurred vision and very loose bowels. Needless to say I couldn't tolerate this medication and I stopped taking it after one week of pure hell. I checked these medications out in the PDR and found that Pletal acts as a multiplier to the effexor family of medications. This fact was hidden deeply in the facts about these drugs. So I was in effect taking 2 GRAMS + (over 2000mg) of effexor daily. Let this be a lesson to all; ask your doctor to cross reference any new drugs in the PDR to check for interations. My doctor was trully humble on this one. If I ever need to take a drug in this family again I will need to reduce my effexor to about 20mg/day down from from 375mg/day.

On the subject of Effexor and Depakote; I have taken, at one time or the other, at least 75% of all drugs available (up until 6 years ago) for bipolar and this combo is the only thing that works. Prior to that I was pure crazy; I won't get into that, I'm sure the reader can image what I elude to in this case.

Effexor withdrawal; very, very bad. See side affects of withdrawal by others in this forum. They are speaking the truth, I really suffer when I miss a dose. Effexor has been both a saviour and a cruel mistress to me.

I'm a Viet Nam veteran that was discharged on disability in 1973, after 11 years of service and retired from DOD Civil Service in 1998. Other than my original disability, I was dignosed with Type 2 diabetes about 15 years ago; caused by exposure to agent orange in Nam. I have most of the problems assocated with diabetes (it has ruined my life). That's the reason for the 21 other medications I take daily. You can email me at croatan123@hotmail.com

Trialia is offline New Member

I was on Effexor for just a couple of months last year, but it caused me some serious problems. Adjusting to it in the first place was hell-- my dosage gave me migraines every time I tried to take it as I had been instructed, so I ended up cutting the pills in half, which didn't cause me so much pain but didn't give my depression much help either. I missed one pill, one day, and ended up losing complete control of my temper and putting my father in the hospital. That's when I knew that I had to get my psychiatrist to change my medication. Which she did.

Coming off Effexor wasn't nearly as bad for me as actually going on it, which seems to be unusual, but I was extremely aggressive during the cooling-down period.

jezzie is offline New Member

I've been on 75mg of effexor for GAD for about a month and a half now, and have noticed tremendous results in regards to the symptoms it's supposed to be treating. No more panic attacks, no more feelings of worthlessness, an overall better mood, and a surprising decrease in my moderate OCD (which is not something the drug's even supposed to treat). I also get chronic migraines, and haven't had so much as a headache since starting on the pills.

The problem for me is that it's brought about chronic fatigue that's become dehabilitating. I went from having a perfect attendence record at work (where I've been for 3 and 1/2 years) to calling in sick three times in the last month due to an inability to get out of bed. I find myself dozing off any time I get a chance (lunch breaks, meetings, etc) and feeling so tired that I've had to leave work early several times in the past six weeks. I've also slept in and been late to work twice this week, which is something I had never done previously. I explained the drug I was on and it's side effects to my boss, and he's been very understanding and lenient, taking into consideration my previous attendance record and work ethic, but I haven't noticed any decrease in these symptoms. I've been considering going on Provigil to counteract the fatigue, since I don't want to come off the effexor when it's working so well, but I can't find any information on drug interactions. Has anyone taken this combination before or know anything about it? My doc's a little pill happy, so I don't really trust him on the whole "what meds are safe" front, and would like some outside info before I go get a prescription from him. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cochranlover is offline New Member

hi!
    i am brand new on here ...
    forgive me if im repeating requests for info here ...

am just coming off effexor
    have been on 150mg for approx 6 months

was ready to come of it and
    saw consultant who prescribed
    2 weeks at 112.75 and then 3 at 75mg ...

saw consultant again on monday 4th
    who told me to told it directly from there ...

am experiencing the hideous brain
    impulse zaps etc etc ...

is it normal to go straight from 75mg
    to nothing?

because i have hated the zaps so much
    i have taken 75mg every 2nd and although they
    have definetly started, this takes the
    edge of them ... i know this is proabably
    not the right thing to do at all but im
    really worn out by all this ...

i felt well enough to come off the
    med ... its the right thing for me
    to do but im exHAUSTED ...

is it RIGHT to come off it like i have
    and HOW LONG is it going to take to
    even out if so? ihave found going
    to work very taxing these past few days
    (im a psychiatric nurse!) and am
    desperate not to have to have more
    time off ...

HELP!

danny

cochranlover is offline New Member

Hi again

further to what i have written below
    i have been taking benadryl which has
    really worked (up until today actually ...
    i am getting transitory zaps but have
    taken benadryl just now and am waiting
    for results) ...

basically i wondering if anyone can tell
    me how long this is going to last (the
    zaps etc) ...

i am very grateful for the advice i have
    gained from here already

cheers
    danny

quote:Originally posted by cochranlover

hi!
    i am brand new on here ...
    forgive me if im repeating requests for info here ...

am just coming off effexor
    have been on 150mg for approx 6 months

was ready to come of it and
    saw consultant who prescribed
    2 weeks at 112.75 and then 3 at 75mg ...

saw consultant again on monday 4th
    who told me to told it directly from there ...

am experiencing the hideous brain
    impulse zaps etc etc ...

is it normal to go straight from 75mg
    to nothing?

because i have hated the zaps so much
    i have taken 75mg every 2nd and although they
    have definetly started, this takes the
    edge of them ... i know this is proabably
    not the right thing to do at all but im
    really worn out by all this ...

i felt well enough to come off the
    med ... its the right thing for me
    to do but im exHAUSTED ...

is it RIGHT to come off it like i have
    and HOW LONG is it going to take to
    even out if so? ihave found going
    to work very taxing these past few days
    (im a psychiatric nurse!) and am
    desperate not to have to have more
    time off ...

HELP!

danny

You mean your doctor didn't have you 'ramp' up....start with a small dosage 37.5 then progress to your normal level?

quote:Originally posted by Trialia

I was on Effexor for just a couple of months last year, but it caused me some serious problems. Adjusting to it in the first place was hell-- my dosage gave me migraines every time I tried to take it as I had been instructed, so I ended up cutting the pills in half, which didn't cause me so much pain but didn't give my depression much help either. I missed one pill, one day, and ended up losing complete control of my temper and putting my father in the hospital. That's when I knew that I had to get my psychiatrist to change my medication. Which she did.

Coming off Effexor wasn't nearly as bad for me as actually going on it, which seems to be unusual, but I was extremely aggressive during the cooling-down period.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast