Does WELLBUTRIN cause anxiety???
    CrunchDude is offline Junior Member

Default Does WELLBUTRIN cause anxiety???

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is any truth to something I heard recently, which is that Wellbutrin can cause anxiety. I suffer from GAD and OCD and I am on Paxil and Xanax as well as Wellbutrin for it.

Has anyone heard of this and/or does anyone know of anything to this effect? Obviously, I don't want to do anything to exacerbate my anxiety so any input would be HIGHLY appreciated!

debbie724 is offline Member

CrunchDude, I'm not sure why you were prescribed Wellbutrin for GAD and OCD. One of the common side affects from Wellbutrin is anxiety. I would think that the Zanax (spelling?) would help offset that. I went to google and typed in Wellbutrin and anxiety and found a lot of info. on this. You may want to check it out.

debbie

MargaretMD is offline New Member

I stopped Wellbutrin b/c it caused me anxiety, some aggression & extreme irritability.

CrunchDude is offline Junior Member

Wow, thank you so much for your responses. Wellbutrin was not prescribed for my OCD as it is useless for that but rather to offset some of the sexual side effects that taking Paxil entails. However, it is fairly, if not completely, useless for that, too, so I will do some research and talk to my doctor this week about discontinuing it. Well, I already have, I just want to see what my doctor says.

Paxil and Xanax work beautifully for both anxiety, OCD and depression. If anyone else has any input about this, I'd love to hear it. Thanks again!