Day 3 of Oxycontin and Oxycodone withdrawal
    Ggeo is offline Member

Default Day 3 of Oxycontin and Oxycodone withdrawal

Hi. I've been lurking here for roughly a week now and on Day 3 of stopping both Oxys. I thought it might help someone if I posted here. No words can express how much this forum has gotten me through this. I notice many folks start posting a few days into their withdrawal like myself. For me it was because I wasn't strong enough yet, literally. I will make my story quick; I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer last April. Had a full hysterectomy immediately then right into chemo. For the pain from the hysterectomy I was given Percosets. I will say right here I had been hooked on Vicodin once before, from breaking my arm. Well, I felt so sorry for myself because i had cancer i began taking the Percs recreationally. People were amazed at how well I was taking having to go through chemo and the loss of my hair etc. That's because of the Percs. Then, you know the story, they weren't cutting it anymore so I went on Oxycontin. Easy to get a prescription for anything when you are a cancer patient. I can tell you I don't think I was in physical pain at this point even though I was in chemo. I got on Oxys right before they became impossible to chew so I had a few scripts for those chewable quick high ones. Long story short I began to feel like everyone else here, non social. All I wanted to do was lie in bed and take drugs. I should note here my last chemo was 5 weeks ago. I should have been on the road to recovery but because of my addiction I was still acting like a chemo patient. When my doc wanted to put me on Methadone I decided that was it. That was only a week or so ago. I filled the script then took 6 in one day. Yes I got high. But I saw the spiral coming. Very scared. Last Wed I took my last Oxy, a 10mg. Today is Saturday and I finally am starting to feel better. Not bad huh? Only THREE days. Yes it was a hellish 3 days but worth it! How did I do it? A modified Thomas method. Laid in bed the entire time. Still in bed but feeling much better! I know I'm not out of the woods but

Ggeo is offline Member

Default Continued

Sorry...had to post because of my iPad. Anyway I'm still pretty much just lying around doing nothing but I am markedly better. I have to say I had support. And didn't have to do anything during this withdrawal except get better so I know I had it better than some. However I'm still bald from the chemo (tho it's starting to come back). And I won't bounce back like some because of the chemo either. Anyway, point to this is you can do it! It's worth it! By the way I was on these pain meeds for about 7 months.

Ggeo is offline Member

Default Continued...my modified Thomas Recipe

In case anyone wants to know exactly how I've gotten through these 3days. I Had a script for Clonodine. And I did go back to my doc and told him no to the Methadone and that I wanted to get off the Opiates. I got him to give me a Valium script just in case. I also take BVitamins, and I got the L-Tyrosine, Melatonin and a Potassium supplement, along with some C vitamins. I didn't take the Valiums until last night and I have to say the Valium helped me get some sleep. I waited to take it because I am afraid of the addiction. So I took one .1mg clonidine the first morning along with supplements. Took one clonidine that evening as well. Didn't (couldn't) eat that day. Laid in bed sweating and restless. No diarrhea. I've been so badly constipated from the Oxy I wouldn't have minded it! I had my first normal BMs in months that first day. Barely slept. Second morning felt like ********. But decided to only take half a Clonodine. I could tell the difference but stuck with it. Was able to choke down 2 fresh juices and part of a banana and cacao nib smoothie. I know that helped. Took the other 1/2 of the clonodine around 7 that night. Late that night, well, around 2:30 in the am i took 10mg Valium. Slept 5 hours! Woke up today feeling much better! Took a half clonodine for the sweats. Though I can't really do much. No energy. I know others can start doing more by this point but I have to remember I'm coming off 6 months of chemo and lying around all the time. Others lose weight during chemo. I gained like 25 pounds! Look awful. I know if I stayed on the opiates in would have continued to gain. Anyway, that's where I am right now. I'll post more as this goes on. Also note I have continued the supplements during this. iT WORKS! Good luck to all. You can do it!

Ggeo is offline Member

Default Continued..Correction!!

I took my last Oxy on TUESDAY, not Wed. Today is Saturday. Three days!

Anonymous Guest

Hi Ggeo
    Wow, your very brave, what a story ..
    It must have been very scary, I know you became dependent on the pain pills but your getting off of them so your doing great, don't worry about not having any energy yet it will come back...just try to take good care of yourself, do you have anyone that is helping you..I sure hope you do !!!
    please keep us posted on how your doing..
    talk to you soon, Melinda

Ggeo is offline Member

Talking Thanks Melinda

Yes, I am very fortunate. I have my fiancé and my 2kids. I have someone with me at all times. In that way I'm lucky. My fiancé went through the last withdrawal from Vicodin with me too. I cannot imagine being alone through this, or worse, both partners being addicts. Now I'm just waiting for my hair to grow back!

Ggeo is offline Member

Default Day 4

Last night i Tried not to take the other half of the Clonodine but gave in after sweating and restlessness drove me to it. Then those symptoms were replaced by terrible body ache pain. Bone pain and muscle. Could not sleep. Took some melatonin and 2 hits of weed to try to sleep. (Pot is legal here) I don't like weed unfortunately and will only smoke it right before sleep if necessary. Well they relaxed me however still no sleep so at 1:30am I broke down and took a 10mg Valium. Wish I didn't need to but I slept fairly well. Fell asleep at 2 woke up at 4:49. Smoked some weed, took some Melatonin (no Valium) and fell back to sleep until 8:30. Not bad at all for this process. Today I am still ridiculously weak. I can only stand up for a minute at a time. Is it the Clonodine lowering my blood pressure? I feel dizzy and weak getting up. I want to take a walk so badly. I cannot believe how I went from a vibrant healthy strong 50 yr old woman who looked 10 hrs younger to this overweight flabby bald SHELL in less than one year. Depressing.

shybaybe2003 is offline Senior Member

I just wanted to wish you luck and tell you what an inspiration you are to me. I hope I can develop the courage and strength and fight that you seem to possess. God Bless You!

Ggeo is offline Member

Default Shybabe

Thanks for the kind words. But remember, you aren't any different than me. You just have to get to that point. You know the one...where you just aren't getting what you need from the drugs, and your world begins to crash all around you. Yes I can be determined when I need to be. But I notice that can lead to my downfall. I am a person of extremes, I realize. All or nothing. I'm either holding down 2 jobs, AND building a house, and raising a family OR doing absolutely nothing. It's insane and I'm sure it's connected to my addictive nature. I will find getting myself healthy, clean and in shape a challenge. I like challenges....but when I get there..then what? That's where my trouble begins. I can't maintain. Things have to be moving for me. I do know one thing though. I promise myself if i EVER want to use again to do one thing first....visit this board and READ READ READ the agony people go through not just withdrawing but their entire horrible stories during using. I KNOW you can find the strength to get off this stuff! It's day 4 and I'm not too bad....
    Last edited by ddcmod; 11-14-2010 at 08:01 PM.

melblanco is offline New Member

Default Eliminate Oxycodone withdrawl symptoms

I got through quiting oxycodone with no withdrawls whatsoever with natural opiate plant based formula only available at my doctor PM me for more info

FarEast is offline Member

Your story made my day and congratulations to saying no to methodone . Would have been good if I had taken your path and said no to Methadone so many learn from you , thank you .

caganski924 is offline Junior Member

hey Ggeo. i just read your thread and learned a lot. congrats on feeling good after 3 days. i can find numerous ways to justify my actions, believe me. i started with a new pain management doctor who almost blew me out of the water and urine tested me the first 2 times i went, 2 weeks apart. i figured he tested me the first time we met, so i was all cocky the 2nd time we met. i don't know how, but i passed both times. so before i went the 3rd time. i kicked cold turkey for 2 days. learned my lesson enough as i never want to go thru that again.

Jackhammer1357 is offline New Member

I hope you do not mind a question: I am on high doses of pain meds 60MG Oxy X % daily. I have a chronic condition in which I have gone from 0-60 five daily to 0 again. My doctor can bring me from 60-0 in less than a month with almost no withdrawal. I was wondering why you chose to cold turkey it when you could have been more comfortable? Most recreational users have to cold turkey because they cannot find it, but we have the option of asking the doctor to help. I just wanted to make sure people know they can ask their doctor to help them as well as the painful cold turkey method. Just wondering.

time4life is offline New Member

Im wondering the same thing. right now im on day 3 of cold turkey but by my choice. I have a script waiting for me. I am just afraid that I wont be able to control myself with the taper method and end up taking what I used to. And I dont have anyone to give it to so they can control it for me because this is my dirty little secret. I am f'n miserable though. Cant stop crying.

rufus4110 is offline New Member

Default Natural opiate plant

Quote Originally Posted by melblanco View Post
    I got through quiting oxycodone with no withdrawls whatsoever with natural opiate plant based formula only available at my doctor PM me for more info
    Hi congratulations. How do you get natural opiate plant? I want to get off prescription dilaudid. Did you have fatigue?
    Thanks so much.
    Jan

julesobj is offline New Member

Is there anyone currently beginning to wean off of opiates?

julesobj is offline New Member

How are you doing? I just found this thread and am not really familiar with how to use it. I need to get off these pills and would like to get support from here. Are you still tapering off or are you done?

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Go to the need to talk forum and you will find plenty of help there. This board doesn't get much use. I can help you start a thread there if you'd like, but post on the "need to talk" board and anyone there can help you. In the meantime, look up the Thomas Recipe.

pillpoppn is offline Banned

Hello,

I am detoxing off Opiates Day 5... how are you doing??

The first few days/nights were hell (I made the decision to go C/T because tapering didn't work for me) I was taking 120mg/day when I stopped (reg dose was 240mg/day).

The good news: I am surviving it!! I felt a huge sense of joy and accomplishment when I got through those first 2 days!!

What I am telling everyone - don't be alone... have someone with you at all times to help you through, someone you trust. I went absolutely crazy and got violent the first night; I could have done something very dangerous but I was safe.

The other thing that helped me was staying on the phone to detox and addictions hotlines making sure I was doing all the right things. Knowing that I could go to the ER at any time was good, too.

I managed to do it thus far without methadone/suboxone. I am going to try to go without as I don't want to endure another withdrawal... I'm done!!

Best of luck on your journey, let us know how you're doing!!

PP

mrbig is offline New Member

I've been taking oxycodone for over 6years through the VA for a botched ankle surgery, I take up to 120 mg/day and I'm tired of the dependency so I've decided to they and quite cold turkey. I have reached my first 24 hours without pain pills, I'm sneezing, body aches, anxiety, restlessness and the thought of the drug is consuming every thought I have. The VA likes to feed pills to solve the problem, I'd rather live with the pain and not live under the addiction of pain pills.

lay26 is offline New Member

i dont know what to do anymore the percs have taken the best of me and i have let them i been using oxycodone aka percs for seven years i started popping them then i started sniffing them first i was just doing them now my fiance is doing them its getting bad we are loosing everything cars home we are also loosing eachother we always arguing bout doing more behind eachothers back or how we gonna get money for tommorw so we wont be sick its another job i was going to a outpatient rehab sub docotor did it for couple months and failed my drug test i know im a big girl and noone cant make u do anything u dont want and im not blammin
    Last edited by lay26; 08-30-2014 at 12:22 PM.

anyone but myself but him not quitting made me relapse and being around the same friends and i had quit for a month than four months later i got tired of the arguin the money having nothing being sick the anxiety and stress about the next day was getting to much so i quit again i had took two subs which i had cut in half i took a half for four days than i was fine i had quit for a total of three months and i was doing better had my energy up had aliot more money everything was doing good my fiance didnt wanna quit cause he was going to pain man and they was giving him the perc tens so he wasnt trying to quit he was getting them for five years than cut him off now we have to go get them and buy then which is costing us grand a week last week we realized that we are having no self control to where we are loosing aliot yesterday he left his job early because he was sick its very

sad what life we are living right now i woke up this morning feeling like have the flu because yesterday i had nothing i took pieace of a sub but im still withdraw and my blood pressure is high this is what i hate when u have no money and rough it out but im glad in a way because im ready to be done with this i want my life back

and family but yesterday was bad but i didnt think i could do it i did it but barely and we are not even getting high anymore now we do it so we can be normal and not sick i just want to really kick this habbit for good im afraid if i dont or he dont it will get worse everyday is a struggle

silverlining1 is offline Member

lay26,

So many of us know exactly what you are going through. You need to read about the Thomas Recipe, which helps your body through withdrawal. You need to figure out how you are going to quit....whether the sub route or cold turkey, but you have to do it for yourself. It would be nice if your partner would do this with you, but, even if he doesn't....you can.

We are all here to support you and answer any questions.......this forum helped me a year ago. I am back on cause I'm helping a friend through her addiction....oxycontin. She is doing great....in fact, today is her 15th day clean......she is thinking clearer, lamenting a bit over all the money she has blown through, but, at least, she can think.

You are not alone.