Back to Elavil
    yooper04 is offline New Member

Default Back to Elavil

Hi, I am new to this forum. After many years of sleep difficulties, I will begin taking Amitryptilline once again tonoc. Back in 1999-2000 I took 10 mg of Amitryptilline every noc and it worked beautifully with virtually no side effects. Then one day it quit working. Just stopped. I have tried several things and some work better than others. I asked my doc to Rx Amitryptilline again. They just came in the mail today. I am a bit anxious about this, wondering if it will work for me again. I sure hope so.

pgcc is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by yooper04 View Post
    Hi, I am new to this forum. After many years of sleep difficulties, I will begin taking Amitryptilline once again tonoc. Back in 1999-2000 I took 10 mg of Amitryptilline every noc and it worked beautifully with virtually no side effects. Then one day it quit working. Just stopped. I have tried several things and some work better than others. I asked my doc to Rx Amitryptilline again. They just came in the mail today. I am a bit anxious about this, wondering if it will work for me again. I sure hope so.
    Elivil should help you sleep. However, a friend of mine had terrible wd symptoms from it. Granted, he was on 100mgs a night and 10mgs is a super low dose. That may be why they are not working any more, you are used to them maybe a higher dose would work. Just try to keep the dose as low as possible to avoid wd symptoms if you stop the drug.

Rxmacdaddy is offline New Member

Seems like your body to developing a tolerance to the Elavil, in which you would increase the dosage. Warning though, as you increase the dosage, you can also potentially increase the chances of side effects (e.g. Constipation, dry mouth, next morning drowsiness, difficulty concentration, etc...).